A weekly peek backwards and a look ahead, in my little corner of the blogosphere…
Notice anything different?
Since June, I’ve been participating in the Sunday Post meme, as an experiment. I like the format; it’s a tidy recap of my week just past, and a little preview of what the week just beginning will hold.
However, the meme just isn’t a very good fit for me, personally. It’s geared toward book blogs; I’m interested in blogging about – well, life. It’s not that I have a problem with book blogs, but, personally, I would rather read books and write books than spend all of my blogging time blogging about books.
So I’ve decided to drop my participation in the meme, and, over the next weeks, I’ll be adapting this space into something that’s a better fit for my own life…won’t you come along and explore with me?
Recently at shanjeniah:
explores whether pretty is a privilege; and I may have shared this video:
- Would You? An internet meme posed the question, “Would you give up the internet for three months, in exchange for three million dollars?” I pass the query along, with my own answer.
- Let’s be Friends: Trip and T’Pol, held captive by the Suliban for unknown reasons, attempt to get the knack of interspecies communication. Will their mutual attraction be help, or hindrance?
- Betwixt Dangers: This week’s SoCS prompt intersects with my revision project, resulting in a raw snippet for Chameleon’s Dish.
- A Shakespearean Stretch: In which we enjoy the Bard in a beautiful setting, and I move some goals along their paths to completion.
- Stretching Into Revisions: In which I get cozy with three fascinating characters I haven’t seen for a while, and do some other things, too.
My focus for August and September is on revising my time-travel fantasy novel, Chameleon’s Dish, set in the 1612-13 London area. I’m also drafting another WIP, Perchance to Dream, a Star Trek: TOS/ Enterprise fanfiction novel, and the second half of a duology, And then there’s the ever-present homeschool administration – ’tis the season for masses of reporting and testing requirements.
- For Coffee and Conversation, I’ll be exploring how to raise children in a way that nurtures sexual health and empowerment.
- WIPpet Wednesday will host an excerpt from my Story a Day May exploration, The IDIC Romance – I’ll be picking up where I left off last week, with the sixth installment of Tigress T’Pol”. Trip goes way out on an impulsive limb, and risks a painful fall…
- And for Stream of Consciousness Saturday (SoCS), I’ll be doing just what the title suggests – writing a stream-of-consciousness post on the weekly prompt.
- ROW80 Updates: Sunday and Wednesday are my days for updating my goals progress for A Round of Words in 80 Days.
In the Wilds of Internet-Land:
- A Shout-out to Twenty-Somethings: Gretchen Wing celebrates a generation, with a lovely song. If you are one, or know one, this is for you!
- Does Your Dog REALLY Want to be Petted? Eileen Anderson offers some ways to determine whether your canine is open for snuggles, or would rather have some body privacy.
And because this is my little piece of Lovely Chaos, and I love pit bulls…
- This week has been a week of writing and revising, getting into state- required homeschool testing, lots of decluttering and hometending…and then there was the Big Thing…
- Yes, I will be attending the World Sexual Health Day in New York City on September 4! And – and this is the coolest part! – I’m gonna get to meet my friend August McLaughlin live and in person! =D
- I introduced my 9 year old nephew to Star Trek: Enterprise! It was lots of fun watching him enjoy something he hadn’t known about.
What’s been going on with you lately? So, what are your plans for the coming week?