I update periodically throughout the year, but at least at the end of each quarter. I adapt, change, add, or delete as life and progress indicate.
This post covers progress through November 30, 2016; further progress will be contained in my final update, which will post early in 2017.
My ROW80 Round and Monthly goals will be derived from these goals.
- Write at least 1 story and submit at least 1 story each month in 2016. Fan fiction and self-publishing are acceptable. 23 new stories written; three submitted in October (one accepted; two rejected.) No new submissions; but some fan fiction in the works.
- Kifo Island Chronicles: Write 3 new novels in this series as April, June and July NaNo projects. Write 31 new flash stories for #STaD May; these can be the basis of these or future Kifo stories. A Rising Tide and Tsunamis (2/3) completed during JuNoWriMo. The Far Shore (2/3) in drafting; Scene 8/24 complete; 24,899/ ~65,000 words. Forward progress slow, but moving.
- The IDIC Romance: Write 26 stories for April’s A-Z Challenge; and 30 for #StaD September, using existing threads and ideas with the daily and guest prompts. Goal completed – and some bonuses, too!
- Trueborn Warp/Weft Series:Foul Deeds Will Rise: Trueborn Weft Series #2: Complete draft. Draft Weft #3 (Blood and Breath?); as November NaNoWriMo project. FDWR: Nothing new. Setting new writing here aside until 2017.
- Poets on the Page: Write 31 new poems in October. 31/31. It took longer than a month, but goal completed.
Plan and Plot “Peach Liqueur Love” prequel story for Chicago Tribune Writing Contest.
The IDIC Romance: Plot 25 April and 30 September stories.
Kifo Island Chonicles: Plan and plot 3 novels and 31 flash fiction stories. Create timeline and ‘series bible’. All novels/stories planned/plotted; rough materials for timeline and bible created in the process; further progress on this being back burnered (BB) till 2017.Modified goal complete.
Trueborn Warp/Weft Series: Plan/plot Weft #3 (Blood and Breath?) for November. Create rough timelime, focusing on points where the series’ events intersect. BB for 2017.
Plan/plot other projects as needed to meet writing and submission goals. Goal completed!
Submit to crit group weekly; critique and beta others’ work to gain insight into my own. Critique group BB until January; modified goal completed.
Revise “Peach Liqueur Love” and its prequel story. Goal completed!
The IDIC Romance: Revise “Slow Jazz Awakening” and five other stories. Resumed progress, slowly.
Kifo Island Chronicles: Create revision plan for Sea Changes; print and readthrough for Transitions; print Generations. Setting aside for 2017.
Poetry: Find information about revising poetry. Experiment with revisions of existing Trek poems. Nothing new; BBing till 2017.
- Chameleon’s Dish (Trueborn Weft : Complete first pass revision; reread and create plan for revision pass 1.5 (cohesion, consistency, etc.) BBing at least 2017.
- Blog Maintenance: Adapt and keep to regular posting schedule; answer comments, and return visits at least twice weekly. Clear backlog of comments and spam folder. Did okay with my the comments, but not great at the rest through NaNo. I want a better system for 2017.
- ROW80: Sponsor duties up-to-date throughout the year, including four sponsor posts.
- Make regular visits to others participating in hops and challenges I’ve joined. Fair. Not bad; not great. Same story as last month.
- Connect on social media in a natural way that feeds creativity and my passion for sharing thought and experience. Ebbs and flows; but goal completed.
Redesign blog, with a focus on bringing in the various facets of my life in a more cohesive manner. Incorporate the best of The Unfettered Life and shanjeniah’s Trueborn Jottings, and let those blogs go. The blog took a backseat to the website, which is developing; more integration in 2017.
Homeschool Administration: Complete all pending paperwork, testing, etc. Create Flickr portfolios, by year, or roughly so, for both children. Good progress; 2017 will bring more.
- Complete resets/reorganizations: study, family room, porch/playroom, and kitchen. All moving along; I have a system for forward momentum that’s working well. I’d moved the kitchen to 2017, but, with the weather getting colder, I’ve shifted from the porch to the kitchen.
- Personal Administration: Clean, organize, and back up all laptop files; sort email folders; delete excess. Progress; breaking it down to smaller bites. I won’t finish this before the year ends, so the adapted goal: Create a plan to have this completed by the time I’m ready for a computer upgrade (maybe after tax time).
- Yard Beautification: Plant edibles and cutting flowers in season; maintain in a presentable manner; declutter outgrown kid-things and random life debris. A little more work outside.
- Photo digitalization: Scan box of travel photos; save in organized files with backup. Nothing new. Adapted goal: Make plan for scanning and organizing all photos in 2017.
Go through all online subscriptions; cancel those we no longer need. I think I’ve gotten them all, for the moment. Goal completed.
My beloveds: One on one time with each, doing something of value to us both, each week. This remains a fundamental and easy goal to maintain.
Continue planning/ attending outings (personal and family) as desired. More touring, museum, parties, NaNo-related activities.
NNWM local group: Interact regularly, in person and online; participate actively in critique group and beta reading.
- Paying it Forward: Offer beta reading, reviews, and promotional posts for other writers. Some beta reading, and a promo post. Goal completed.
- Reconnect with friends I haven’t seen in longer than I like.
- Smart Change: Work through at least one habit change using these methods. BB till 2017.
- Intuitive Eating: Finish reading and begin implementing. Implementation BB till 2017.
Write in Abundance, Intentions, and #onegoodcup journals seven times each week. Gradually increase meditation to ten minutes, twice daily. Explore one new meditative practice each month. Meditating/journals several days a week. Happy with the meditative practices I’ve developed thus far. Solid progress.
T’ai chi: Develop a sustainable independent practice; learn the 24 form so I can do it on my own. Nothing new; BB until 2017.
Get a cumulative total of at least 90 minutes moderate physical activity 6 days weekly, and more strenuous activities building to thrice weekly by year’s end. Up tp 75/minutes, 5 days/week, and 90 minutes thrice a week.
Write twice-monthly health-centered blog posts. Dropping this goal for 2016.
Leaps of Faith:
Write and submit one story each month (not necessarily the same story). I’ve attained this with fan fiction. Three new submissions.
Submit fan fiction.
Self-publish “A Splash of Red”; experimental project. Cover image in simmering stage.
Poetry Chapbooks: Do rough setup for Trek poetry chapbook. This is experimental. Gathering poems. The setup likely to wait for 2017.
The Writing Challenge That Knows You Have a Life!
ROW Along, or Cheer Us On!
We’re on Facebook!