A weekly peek backwards and a look ahead, in my little corner of the blogosphere…
It’s been a week of learning, doing, and imagining.
After a long hiatus, I’m cooking again. Feels right. It’s fun, and I’m eating lots of veggies and whole grains!
I was going to post pictures, but…well, life. Maybe next week!
- And now, on to the week’s goodies!
Last week in life:
- Revising, writing and vacation planning, family, and hometending. It’s been extremely cold, so there’s been more indoor time. Lots of projects continuing, as well as new beginnings, and an ending or two, as I wrap a few things up.
- And I’m playing with food for the first time in a long time, as I launch my plan to create more of my own food.
Recently at shanjeniah:
- The Redefining Disability Awareness Project challenges my preconceptions;Trip’s offer troubles T’Pol ;and I explore reading and learning.
- Building a Potent Reader; If You Can Read This…; Paper, or Kindle?; Reading My Dream?; Parental Reading Revolution; To Read, or Not to Read? Is There a Question?
- “Dear Friends and Family”: A Love Letter to Annual Letters: Gretchen Wing has some things to say about those holiday missives. I posted this last week, but neglected to add the appropriate links – whoops!
- Your Pit Bull; Leonardo da Vinci Handwriting Generator.
And now, last week’s features…
- Redefining Disability: Red Band Society and Perspective – What does it look like when a fictional show integrates characters’ disabilities into a deeper life story? Something like this.
- “Extenuating Circumstances” – A little chat about marital status…and then T’Pol hears something Trip doesn’t. Star Trek: Enterprise fan fiction, continued.
- Measuring Up – What do heels, and ten year olds, and 99% have to do with healing? Plenty!
- Day 11: Number Play – I set up my topics for the ‘rithmetic prompt.
- Day 12: Fitnessing Them In – I share my 2015 fitness and nutrition goals, with explanations.
- Day 13: Dripping Dali Clocks of Time – The inspiration of art, with novel excerpts, for seasoning – and more art in the comments!
- Day 14: Quadratic Erotica – My high school math classes didn’t help me solve quadratics, but they did spur a love for writing wildly inaccurate “naughty bits”.
- Day 15: Threeteen, Fiveteen, and the Twenty-Seven Piece Puzzle – My son makes an important mathematical discovery.
- Day 16: Three Minus One Equals Two – The loss of our infant son changed the equation, and the course, of our family.
- Day 17: Measuring Up
- Renewed Clarity – Frozen pipes, half-birthday girl, new insights, lots of writing.
- Vision and Revision – Internal fireworks sizzleflash through my writing mind…and out my fingertips!
- Revisions: I’ve got novel scenes; and three short stories slated for this month.
- Plotting and Planning: A-Z posts; short stories; two novels; and a novella.
- Oregon Trip: Lots to plan and do to get ready for our end-of-February vacation.
- Paying It Forward: Sponsor duties; beta-readings; and book reviews.
And on the blog:
- For Coffee and Conversation: Going Boldly into The Star Trek Chronology Project.
- WIPpet Wednesday: “Do You Hear What I Hear?: T’Pol hears something Trip can’t, and there’s some talk of ears and strategy.
- Stream of Consciousness Saturday (SoCS), Another stream-of-consciousness novel excerpt based on the weekly prompt, TBA.
- ROW80 Updates: My progress on my January goals for A Round of Words in 80 Days.
- Just Jot It January: A daily post on the current prompt, all month long.
In the Wilds of Internet-Land:
- A Tale of Two New Years: Travel back in time as we explore two new years in the life of my family – long, but with many great pictures of the kids being – themselves!
- Happiness is a Choice: Linda G. Hill shares some insight on joy.
- And a musical treasure!
- I expect to write, revise, and do assorted things to be named as we go along…and you?
Want to join in on the Second Serving Sunday fun? Here’s how!