If ROW80 is the writing challenge that knows we all have lives, this is the week my life decided to be sure I know it’s there – in spades.
I’m not ready to share details, but there are things that take precedence over goals, and this is one of them. So, although I was planning to re-evaluate my #12WeekYear goals at the end of the week, I’ll be setting some aside, at least temporarily, a little early.
I’ll also be focusing in on other goals more intensely, because, when life is chaotic and uncertain, I’ve found that certain activities help me to channel my nervous and restless energies. And that’s imperative, because as I go, so does my household.
What do you do, when life throws you a hard curve?
Have you found some techniques that work better than others?
Relationships, Family, and Home:
Complete two chapters Stained Blood; one Spellfire’s Kiss, until both are complete: Weeks 6-12.
- Resumed Stained Blood Chapter 5 comments: page 5/11 in progress.
- Week 6 Progress: about 5%
Complete five hometending rounds in study; three in bedroom; and one on porch: Week 6.
- Study: 2/5
- Bedroom: 0/3
- Porch: 0/1
- 2/9 total.
- Week 6 Progress: about 22%
Facilitate Jeremiah’s driving practice thrice weekly, weather dependent: Weeks 6-9.
- 1/3 for the week.
- Week 6 Progress: 33%
Draft Miah’s first quarter report: Week 6.
- English Language Arts and Mathematics drafted; 2/16
- Week 6 Progress: about 11%
Complete Module One: Week 6.
- Worked on Breadcrumb Method.
- Week 6 Progress: 10%
Complete Module Two: Week 8.
Spend 3 hours/week on class materials: Weeks 6-7.
- .25 / 3 hours.
- Answered comments and skimmed a few things on the workshop page.
- Page descriptions started for blog in Week 5; 2/16
- Week 6 Progress: about 8%
Complete three hours of lessons, using “On Any Tuesday Night.” Weeks 6-12.
Complete The Story Toolkit Plotting elements through Act One Beat Sheet (can skip steps as indicated); then move forward with Acts Two-Four Beat Sheets as I complete each previous act’s drafting: Weeks 6 –12.
- Subplot A (1/3): 1/7 in progress.
- Section 10/14 (22 total) in progress.
- Week 6 Progress: About 20%
Complete rough draft to 25,000 words: Week 6.
- 11/5: 3,010 words: 15,035/50,000.
- 11/6: 1,836 words: 16,871/50,000.
- 11/7: 1,690 words: 18,561/50,000.
- Session Total: 6,536 words.
- Week 6 Progress: About 40%
Chef Bluebeard: All goals on hold for the time being; hopefully not for long.
Adapt media schedule: Week 6.
Find/contact holiday venues as indicated; contact total of 4 businesses for POS sales: Week 6.
- Completed most of online application for 2 events; it just needs to be signed and have payment remitted (they didn’t state how, so I need to find out) – on hold, due to extenuating circumstances.
- Week 6 Progress: about 10%
Health, Fitness, and Spirituality:
Samsung Health (on hold; I likely won’t finish this program before it runs down):
Complete 5K Week 8 (missed 2 workouts); 2 workouts from Week 9: Week 6.
Tai chi ,yoga, and reiki: (all goals on hold, for now).
Tai chi: Attend class at least weekly; either Monday evening, or Tuesday and/or Thursday afternoons: Weeks 6 -12.
Attend a drop in yoga class at ReVibe: By Week 7.
Eat three vegetable based meals/snacks; Monday/Wednesday/Friday: Week 6.
- Missed Monday meal; thought I was still on twice a week.
- Week 6 Progress: 0%
Evaluate bras; choose a favorite. Week 6.
- The Goddess sports and Cacique everyday bras are in a dead heat, but I don’t need another sports bra. So, when the time comes, I’ll be adding another Cacique to my collection.
- Week 6 goal: COMPLETED!
Return Torrid bra. Week 6.
Make a list of jewelry items I might enjoy adding to my collection: Weeks 6-7.