No, you’re not just seeing things, and I do know this is a ROW80 break!
But, since I set annual goals for 2014, I thought I’d take this opportunity to give myself a little break from my A to Z plotting, and evaluate how far ROW80 Round 1 carried me toward my goals.
I made considerable forward progress, especially in the editing and blogging arenas. I’ve started most of my larger projects, and have a couple of things crossed off the list.
A few things will be bowing out in Round 2, to return later in the year, and a few will be given more intensive focus, as I shift more toward writing and planning new material, this round.
All in all, I’m very happy with the progress I’ve made…and I’m enjoying a bit of a slower and more focused pace, now, as I gear up for my April challenges…
I’ll be posting my Round 2 intentions next Sunday….until then, may you have peace, passion, and beauty in your lives! =)
- Focus on layout and design aspects of my Blogging Action Plan. Setting aside, awaiting Kristen Lamb’s Jedi touch later this spring.
- Add all useful bits, templates, links, etc, for each feature to Master Resource File. A success!
- Build positive blogging habits – post regularly, build queues, answer comments, and share diversely. Becoming a habit, keeping for Round 2.
- Brainstorm what I want in a website; move The Unfettered Life to a spiffy new home. Again, setting this aside, for a while. Other ideas are emerging; more are sure to come.
- Visit five writing websites; consider what I do and don’t like about them. Informal, here-and there success.
- Complete rough drafts of To Be or Not to Be, The Stars Are Fire, and Perchance to Dream. Not much this round. More focus in Round 2.
- Draft two more novels in the Trueborn double series, as NaNo projects. Some basic groundwork laid for the first. Plotting will be a Round 2 focus.
- Freewrite on the ideas I’ve had for the unwritten portions of the story.Did a little; Round 2 will include plotting the first, and early development of the second.
Explore my gestating Star Trek: Enterprise fan fiction novel concept, as well as the Last House story collection concept, in the form of short pieces or flash fiction, during April and May.
- Create basic plan for the Last House stories (2014 A to Z April Challenge).Moving along; obviously a major early focus for Round 2.
- Create basic timeline for Enterprise fan fiction (2014 Story-a-Day May).Also moving along.I’ll finish prep in April; write in May.
Complete first revision passes for Chameleon’s Dish and Bounded by a Nutshell; make pre-revision notes for Blood and Breath.
- Work through Chameleon’s DishPre-Revision Action Plan by March 1. Done, and into the revision process. Carrying over to Round 2 as a secondary goal.
- Check out NaNo Now What Months features in preparation for MarchNaNoEdMo.I got what I needed, there.
- Complete pre-editing notes for Bounded by a Nutshell. Done! Next step in Round 2 or 3.
- Reread Blood and Breath silently .Completed! Read-aloud later in Round 2.
Revise all poems for QOMIS, until satisfied with the results. Not much happened here; will reappear in Round 3, when some larger things are completed.
Complete Deep Revision process with my three short story WIPs. Same progress.in play; revisiting in Round 3.
Continue physical and virtual hometending plans – resetting rooms, cleaning files, and inhabiting my study.
- Continue the family room reset. Moved forward; visible progress made. Carrying forward to Round 2.
- Spend time daily in my study. I did well, early on. The room is now the embodiment of Lovely Chaos. Carrying forward into Round 2, adapted.
- Clean up homeschooling files by February 15. Some progress. In the mix for Round 2.
Develop new habits that support organization and productivity. Yes, and no. Reshaping my concept of ‘organization’ during Round 2.
- Experiment with play project schedule. Target attained! I have ideas to carry forward to Round 2.
Research small business establishment /administration.
- Read at the Small Business Administration website. A bit early in the round, then was swept off into other, shinier things. Taking Round 2 off.
Stretch and find new ways to blend the facets of my life with intention and awareness.
- Select and complete projects from my Play Jar. Resuming in April, even if slowly, for Round 2.
- Make plans to meet with at least 1 person on my get-together list; get in touch with at least 2 more to express my wish to reconnect.No, not so much. Revisiting for Round 2.
Seek out playful new ways to move and challenge my body.
- Choose one playful motion for each day in January; do it several times throughout the day, with a spirit of adventure. This goal shifted with each month, as intended. Adapting a new version of this goal for Round 2.
That’s it for me! Round 2 starts April 7. See you there!