It’s Wednesday – so that means it’s time to unveil my Week 3 Action Plan (Here’s my End of Week 2 progress).
But first, a bit about my Tuesday:
- I participated in my second Meet the Author event. The audience was engaged, and asked a lot of great questions.
- On the way to the event, I noticed an animal shelter. I’ve been looking for a canine companion, and stopped on my way home…and met Nadine-who-will-be-Magnolia (Noli). We hit it off right away, and, once she’s spayed, she’ll be coming home with me. Tomorrow, we’re looking for a sister for her, because Lise wants a dog, too.
What’s new in your world this week?
- Wednesday: Weekly Action Plan
- Sunday: Weekly Wrap-Up.
- Quarterly review after Weeks 3, 6, 9,
- Final Review: after Week 12.
- Blue with Overstrike: Completed.
- Green: In Progress.
- Black: Still Waiting.
- Black with Overstrike: 86’ed.
- Red: Goal Change.
Relationships, Family, and Home:
I facilitate Miah’s driving at a pace that’s comfortable for him.
- A missed turn led to a driving adventure Sunday.
- Discussed vehicle maintenance plans and road test.
I facilitate kids’ social travel and time with friends as desired.
- Sleepover/friend visit for Lise.
I register for Unschoolers Rock the Campground 10 and reserve our rooms at the Northeast Unschooling Conference.
- Registration is open for URTC.
- Discussed room plans with my kids and Lise’s best friend, who will be our guest..
I facilitate their efforts to make our home a space where they can invite/entertain friends.
- Encouraged/discussed room cleaning with both.
- Began reading Hygge.
I spend 11:11 gathering materials for each child’s third quarter homeschool reports.
- Both kids shared some of their independent activities.
I facilitate both kids’ learning as needed.
- Art, drivers’ ed, French and English grammar, literature, home economics, music, and more.
I facilitate home and yardtending, asking for assistance as needed.
- Bedrooomtending; dishes; general hometending.
I post three items (already selected) on a local yard sale site.
I rough draft a schedule for hometending as a baseline for action.
I touch base with Lise about next steps in baking/selecting a mop she wants to use.
I schedule lunch/coffee dates with two friends.
- Will meet my friend Darcy on Thursday.
I send thank you notes to Jim’s sisters, and contact them via text to touch base.
- Texted both.
I complete the first revision pass of “Storm at Song Glass Cabin” (short story), and return to publishers.
I collect materials, organize, get beta feedback, apply, finalize layout, and submit my Secret Project.
I use April CampNaNoWriMo to complete the rough draft of Still Nameless (Kifo Island #8).
- 30,819 new words; 3,705 this week.
Blogging From A-Z April Challenge: The Alphabet of Grief – complete 26 posts.
I check in at Story A Day, catch up on recent podcasts, and begin collecting story sparks for this year’s stories. If there is a way to get advance notice of the prompts, I utilize it.
I complete Pixels to Platform
intro and Module 1.
- Watched Video 1 for Module 1
I complete two 11;11 learning sessions for How to Write Flash Fiction That Doesn’t Suck.
I complete organization for How to Revise Your Novel, and one 11:11 learning session.
I serve as an DIY-MFA Pixels to Platform Master Class Ambassador.
I answer blog comments and visit other blogs on my current informal schedule.
I complete current chapter of Stained Blood, return to author, and highlight next section for revision.
I touch base with author next in my queue, and another possible beta author regarding manuscript schedule.
I post current goals and Dark and Bitter reading video/transcript to Patreon, and update Facebook Writer page and blog sidebar.
Family Financial Stuff:
I go through current receipts.
I set budget for groceries, eating out, and monthly expenses, using receipts and bank statement as guides.
I contact insurance agent (re: business insurance).
I read at least one article or blogpost on a financial matter.
I talk with both kids about what prosperity means to them.
- Discussed with Lise; opened topic with Miah.
Body, Mind, and Soul:
I return to tai chi on Thursday, and swim afterwards.
I shift opening of 5k training to next week, so Noli can be part of it.
I make chicken and rice soup; garlic parmesan chicken, bone broth, and a pasta bake.
I meditate and journal daily, and twice daily at least three times this week.
- Meditation (Insight Timer at 3:33) and journaling each morning.
I read at least one spiritual growth article this week.
- Intentionality from The Magnolia Journal.
I allow myself sufficient time for rest
, recreation, and reflection, without guilt.
- Time with friends; Spider Solitaire; dog adoption; Fixer Upper.
- Meditation, journaling, pondering ongoing.
I share my experiences with others as I am inspired.
- Through blogging, and in person.
I create art that allows me to explore and express my emotional state.
- Singing and writing.
I memorialize Jim’s place in my life, and make changes as I am moved to, without guilt.
- Through writing, and in life (shopping; financial decisions).
The Writing Challenge That Knows You Have A Life!
ROW Along, or Cheer Us On!
This was Corki, our late pittie mix. Noli looks like a purebred; same sweet face and disposition, though….