Hi there, ROWers and friends!
It’s Tuesday –way past time time to share my Week 6 Wrapup. I’ve been Working on Week 7 since Sunday…it just seems to be that kind of a month, but I am checking in more promptly than last time. (Here’s my last update).
Sunday was a tricky day. I stayed up well past dawn Sunday, slept 3.5 hours, and got up in time to do my usual morning things and take a long walk with Noli and Miah (my 16 yo son), before getting ready to head out to my weekly writer’s group meeting.
I came home late, and tired, and spent the rest of the evening playing Cake Mania 3, because I needed that.
Monday brought our twice a month visit from Lise’s best friend, Gabrielle extra driving for me, and an extra teen in the house. By the time we were home again, it was closing in on the end of the day, and I hadn’t written my Story A Day piece yet (or even checked the prompt!).
I’m finally here, to answer my three wrapup questions:
- What did I accomplish last week?
- I realized I habitually expect myself to do four times what I CAN do.
- I decided to work on that.
- I completed a major revision and passed the draft on to my accountability group for critique.
- I regained forward momentum with Pixels to Platform.
- I explored voiceover freelancing.
- I wrote a StoryADay and shared them at ff.net.
- I decluttered a bit and made a modest profit from doing so.
- Family, home, and dog stuff.
- What’s on deck for this week?
- More Story A Day
- More Pixels to Platform
- Polish “Storm Glass” and sumit)
- Updating blog and Patreon
- More decluttering
- More voiceover research
- More family, dog, and hometending
- Learning how to set reasonable goals
- How do these things serve my greater purpose?
- All support a sustainable writing career – and/or a a sustainable income that will allow me to nurture and tend my family – my primary life goal.
How would you answer these three questions?
- Wednesday: Weekly Action Plan
- Sunday: Weekly Wrap-Up.
- Final Review: after Week 12.
- Blue with Overstrike:
- Green: In Progress.
- Black: Still Waiting.
- Black with Overstrike:
- Red: Goal Change.
I write one new StarTrek:Enterprise fan fiction piece each day for Story A Day May, and post to ff.net.
- Held one story back because it wasn’t working.
I brainstorm ideas; do character work as indicated; and create a rough outline for the Little Bird Writing Contest ( 2,500 word limit).
I complete “Storm at Song Glass Cabin” revision/submit revised copy to anthology publishers.
- Revision completed; it’s with my accountability group for critiquing.
I complete spot-revisions for all StaD stories prior to posting.
- Daily except Saturday; story wasn’t finished at midnight.
I move everything from Squarespace (expiring 5/16).
- I looked at what I need to move; shouldn’t be a huge problem to copy/paste into a Word file).
I decide on a spring/summer blogging schedule.
- Considering a pared-down effort with a shifted focus.
I post in accordance with new schedule.
I answer all back A-Z and all new comments. (I got to more; maybe all.)
I continue A-Z visits through letter I, using the format I used during April.
I listen to two past Story A Day podcasts, and all daily prompt videos.
- Keeping up with the videos for daily prompts.
I catch up with Pixels to Platform Ambassador duties.
I complete P2P Modules 1 and 2.
- Worked on Module 2; mostly assessing, with a bit of brainstorming and setup.
I complete two 11:11 flash fiction course sessions.
I complete reading Voice-over book.
- Currently at 54%
I offer first 3 items on yard sale site.
I investigate Fiverr and consider what I have to offer.
I go through cash receipts and bank statements.
- Listed out monthly bills from bank statement,
I find five more items to sell.
I locate titles for motorcycle and Gus (our vintage truck).
I create rough budget.
I create cold-call pitch for unlabeled hot sauces.
- Not happening this week; need a bit more time to think about it.
I read one financial/business article.
I move downed branches and old wood to fire pit or containment area in former garden.
- I have a willing son – and a plan of approach. Moved several small/medium branches.
I move slate to front yard.
- This needs to wait until enough branches are moved to allow access.
I get contact info for refugee family relief; offer outgrown playground toys.
I see if lawn mower is working; mow yard or facilitate kids doing it.
- Mowed broad strokes of front yard and a bit of the back before getting rained out.
I clean out/weed flower beds.
- #babysteps to cleaning out 1/3 beds – the most cluttered.
I complete 5 rounds in my bedroom.
- 5/5 rounds complete.
I do one round each porch and garage.
- Garage done.
I do two rounds each in bathroom, dining room, kitchen, and living room.
I catch up with laundry and dishes, then maintain.
- Both much closer than last week,
I make a rough list of regular hometending tasks and typical frequency.
I watch Enterprise each day: #itswritingresearch.
I take Noli for a long walk at least once daily.
- Every day.
I take Noli to the dog park twice.
- 1/2 Tuesday, for about 3 hours; kept her home with digestive issues Friday.
I get Noli’s license.
- Postponing till next week.
I make Instant Pot chicken, bone broth, and chicken soup.
- YES!!!! ALL of them!
Make pasta bakes for kids.
- Done Wednesday night, when it was cooler out.
Make Cheddar Bay biscuits.
- Done! Lise loves them; Miah found them OK.
I meditate/journal every morning.
- 7/7; 4:44 minutes, using Insight
Meditate/journal 3 evenings.
- 3/3; 1:11 with Insight Timer, then sleep /relaxation meditation to promote sleep.
I read from Hygge book.
I read one inspirational article.
I focus on getting at least 4 hours sleep for each 24.
- Every night this week!
The Writing Challenge That Knows You Have A Life!
ROW Along, or Cheer Us On!