Hi there, ROWers and friends!
It’s Wednesday –time to share my Week 6 Action Plan, and I haven’t been here in way too long. I really can’t say why, other than that Life Happened. (Here’s my last update).
Just a couple things to cover before we get to the check-in:
Recently, I joined Slack with other members of my small accountability group. I’ve been creating daily and weekly checklists there, so, to simplify my updating here, I’m recreating each weekly list as it appeared at the end of the current session.
In my last post, I asked a few questions designed to get to know you better, and promised that I’d share my answers, as well.
What are your favorite books?
- Fiction: Stranger in a Strange Land, by Robert Heinlein.
- Non-fiction: Gift From the Sea, by Anne Morrow Lindbergh
Why do you love them?
- In both cases, these books shifted the way I view life, the universe… and myself. And they keep on doing that – I reread them every few years, and always take away something new from the reading.
What’s the most recent book you read?
- Completed: The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up , by Marie Kondo.
- In Progress: Hygge: The Danish Art of Happiness, by Marie Tourell Soderberg.
Since I’ve been away a while, I’ve just got one two-part question for today:
What’s your least favorite book, and why do you dislike it?
Next Wednesday, I’ll share my answers, and bring you a few more questions. Until then, please drop your answers into the comments, and I promise I’ll put them to good use. =)
In other news – there’s more black than I’d like on this update – I’ve been focused on a few specific projects, and on helping Noli adjust to our home and her new life.
What are you adjusting to, in your life, this week?
- Wednesday: Weekly Action Plan
- Sunday: Weekly Wrap-Up..
- Final Review: after Week 12.
- Blue with Overstrike: Completed.
- Green: In Progress.
- Black: Still Waiting.
- Black with Overstrike: 86’ed.
- Red: Goal Change.
- Keeping up with this; getting great feedback on the stories.
I brainstorm ideas; do character work as indicated; and create a rough outline for my entry to the Little Bird Writing Contest ( 2500 word limit).
I complete “Storm at Song Glass Cabin” revision and submit revised copy to publishers.
- 2/5 pages complete; working my way through the tangles.
I completepot-revisions for StaD stories prior to posting.
- Yes, daily.
I move everything from Squarespace (expiring 5/16).
I decide on a spring/summer blogging schedule.
- I’m considering a pared-down effort with a shifted focus).
I post in accordance with new schedule.
I answer all back A-Z and all new comments.
- I got to more; maybe all.
I continue A-Z visits through letter I, using the format I used during April.
I listen to two past Story A Day podcasts,
and all daily prompt videos.
- I’ve been keeping up with the videos for daily prompts.
I catch up with Pixels to Platform Ambassador duties.
I complete P2P Modules 1 and 2.
I complete two 11:11 flash fiction course sessions.
I read Voice-over book.
- Currently at 27%.
I offer first 3 items on yard sale site.
I investigate Fiverr and consider what I have to offer.
- I’ve taken an early peek, and brainstorming has commenced.
I go through cash receipts and bank statements.
I find five more items to sell.
- I’ve found 2/5.
I locate titles for motorcycle and Gus (our vintage truck).
I create a rough budget.
I create cold-call pitch for unlabeled hot sauces.
I read one financial/business article.
I move downed branches and old wood to fire pit.
- Discussed with Miah; will begin soon.
I move slate to front yard.
I get contact info for refugee family relief; offer outgrown playground toys.
I see if lawn mower is working; mow yard or facilitate kids doing it.
- Mower is working. After I discovered this, I mowed the broad strokes of the front yard. Also mentioned mowing to both kids, casually.
I clean out/weed flower beds.
- Began with the most cluttered. #babysteps.
I complete 5 tending rounds in my bedroom.
- 1/5 complete.
I complete one round each in porch and garage.
- Garage complete. It’s going to take a LOT of effort to get it the way I want it.- but I’m willing to make that effort!
I complete two rounds each in bathroom, dining room, kitchen, and living room.
I catch up with laundry and dishes, then maintain.
- Both are closer than last week.
Make rough list of regular hometending tasks and typical frequency.
I watch Enterprise each day: #itswritingresearch.
- So far, yes; except for the when the station was out.
I take Noli for a long walk at least once daily.
- Every day, so far.
I take Noli to the dog park twice weekly.
- Tuesday, for about 3 hours;1/2.
I get Noli’s license.
I make Instant Pot
chicken, bone broth, and chicken soup.
- Chicken done; separation for bone broth in progress.
I make chicken salad.
- Done (and being consumed!)
I make Cheddar Bay biscuits, and pasta bakes for each family member (we all have different preferences).
- Made pasta bakes for the kids, but decided I’d rather have pesto tortellini.
I meditate/journal every morning.
- So far, so good! 4:44 minutes, using Insight Timer.
I meditate/journal 3 evenings/week.
- 1/3; sleep meditation.
I read from Hygge book.
- Daily, I think.
I read an inspirational article.
- Yes, this one.
I focus on getting at least 4 hours sleep for each 24.
- Every day this week.