Hello, ROWers and friends!
It’s Sunday – time to wrap up my Week 3 Action Plan (Here’s my Midweek 3 progress).
Weekly Wrapup Questions:
What did I accomplish this week?
- Participated in my second Meet the Author event. The audience was engaged, and I used my script more as a guideline than a lifeline.
- Facilitated friend time for Lise, and adapted plans for Miah.
- CampNaNoWriMo:30K crossed.
- A-Z poems up to date.
- A bit of my flash fiction course; P2P.
- Bed disassembly/assembly.
- We adopted Noli, a young shlelter pit bull.
What’s on deck for next week?
- Catching up with current writing goals
- Prepping for May.
- Finishing my already-late revision project, and brainstorming another.
- Focus on my learning: Pixels to Platform, flash fiction, and revision.
- More work with Noli: coexisting with cats, learning her signals/preferences, socialization, make vet appointment/get license.
How do these things serve my deeper purpose?
- Author events are early marketing exposure – a way to break the ice.
- Writing and learning give me product to market, and new skills for marketing and craft.
- Making sure the kids have the friend time they need, and I have the companionship of friends (canine and otherwise), adds to the peace in our home, which, in turn, makes us all more productive and able to learn.
How was your week?
- Wednesday: Weekly Action Plan
- Sunday: Weekly Wrap-Up.
- Week 3 Quarterly posting Sunday, April 29.
- Final Review: after Week 12.
- Blue with Overstrike: Completed.
- Green: In Progress.
- Black: Still Waiting.
- Black with Overstrike: 86’ed.
- Red: Goal Change.
Relationships, Family, and Home:
I facilitate Miah’s driving at a pace that’s comfortable for him.
- Affirmative; locally.
I facilitate kids’ social travel and time with friends as desired.
I register for Unschoolers Rock the Campground 10 and reserve our rooms at the Northeast Unschooling Conference.
I facilitate their efforts to make our home a space where they can invite/entertain friends.
- Encouraged/discussed room cleaning/ hometending with both.
I spend 11:11 gathering materials for each child’s third quarter homeschool reports.
I facilitate both kids’ learning as needed.
- Dog behavior, adoption process, and training; drivers’ ed; health; economics; science; ELA; French.
I facilitate home and yardtending, asking for assistance as needed.
- Bedroom reorganization; laundry/dishes; general hometending; raking.
I post three items (already selected) on a local yard sale site.
I rough draft a schedule for hometending as a baseline for action.
I touch base with Lise about next steps in baking/selecting a mop she wants to use.
I schedule lunch/coffee dates with two friends.
- Coffee with Darcy on Thursday.
I send thank you notes to Jim’s sisters, and contact them via text to touch base.
I complete the first revision pass of “Storm at Song Glass Cabin” (short story), and return to publishers.
I collect materials, organize, get beta feedback, apply, finalize layout, and submit my Secret Project.
I use April CampNaNoWriMo to complete the rough draft of Still Nameless (Kifo Island #8).
- 30,819 new words; 3,705 this week.
- Lost pace while Noli-prepping.
Blogging From A-Z April Challenge: The Alphabet of Grief – complete 26 posts.
- 18/26 posts complete. Preparing Ourselves and Our Home, Questions and Quagmires, Reality Settles. S poem written.
I check in at Story A Day, catch up on recent podcasts, and begin collecting story sparks for this year’s stories. If there is a way to get advance notice of the prompts, I utilize it.
I complete Pixels to Platform intro and Module 1.
I complete two 11;11 learning sessions for How to Write Flash Fiction That Doesn’t Suck this week.
- Reviewed; Complications: story starts 6/ 7.
I complete organization for How to Revise Your Novel, and one 11:11 learning session.
I serve as an DIY-MFA Pixels to Platform Master Class Ambassador.
- Several comments Saturday….
I answer blog comments and visit other blogs on my current informal schedule.
- A few comments…
I complete current chapter of Stained Blood, return to author, and highlight next section for revision.
I touch base with author next in my queue, and another possible beta author regarding manuscript schedule.
I post current goals and Dark and Bitter reading video/transcript to Patreon, and update Facebook Writer page and blog sidebar.
- Added link button for Dark and Bitter to blog sidebar; deleted a couple of outdated items.
Family Financial Stuff:
I go through current receipts.
I set budget for groceries, eating out, and monthly expenses, using receipts and bank statement as guides.
I contact insurance agent (re: business insurance).
I read at least one article or blogpost on a financial matter weeky.
I talk with both kids about what prosperity means to them.
Body, Mind, and Soul:
I return to tai chi on Thursday, and swim afterwards.
I shift opening of 5k training to next week, so Noli can be part of it.
I make chicken and rice soup; garlic parmesan chicken, bone broth, and a pasta bake.
I meditate and journal daily, and twice daily at least three times this week.
- Meditation (Insight Timer at 3:33) and journaling five mornings this week; no nights.
I read at least one spiritual growth article this week.
I allow myself sufficient time for rest, recreation, and reflection, without guilt.
- Time with friends; Cake Mania; dog adoption; Fixer Upper.
- Meditation, journaling.
I share my experiences with others as I am inspired.
I create art that allows me to explore and express my emotional state.
- Singing and writing.
I memorialize Jim’s place in my life, and make changes as I am moved to, without guilt.
- Through writing, and in life (Noli; bedrooom).
ROW80 – The Writing Challenge That Knows You Have A Life!
ROW Along, or Cheer Us On!