It’s Sunday – time to wrap up my Week 2 Action Plan (Here’s my midweek progress).
What I accomplished this week:
- A lot of hometending, provisioning, homeschool, and family stuff.
- Accepted invitation to appear at my second meet the author event.
- Laid groundwork and made a bit of headway on 2/3 classes.
- Kept up with #atozchallenge posts, and CampNaNoWriMo word count.
What’s on deck?
- More hometending, provisioning, homeschool, and family stuff.
- Meet the author event on Tuesday.
- Much more classwork; and begin researching a WP hosted website.
- Keep up with both challenges.
How do these suit my greater purpose?
- Every one of these goals is a step toward raising of my children well, and/or developing a writing career which offers my readers something of value while sustaining my family.
Have you asked yourself these questions, lately?
- Wednesday: Weekly Action Plan
- Sunday: Weekly Wrap-Up.
- I review/adjust my Round 2/12 Week Year 3 after weeks 3, 6, 9, and a final one after Week 12.
Blue with Overstrike:Completed.
- Green: In Progress.
- Black: Still Waiting.
- Black with Overstrike: 86’ed.
- Red: Goal Change.
Relationships, Family, and Home:
I facilitate Miah’s driving at a pace that’s comfortable for him.
- City driving: emergency detour, emergency vehicle convoy, and unfamiliar locations.
I facilitate kids’ social travel and time with friends as desired, and check up on Unschoolers Rock the Campground.
- Birthday party for Lise; sleepover/visit plans next week, weather permitting.
- Checked URTC group page; nothing new.
I spend 11:11 gathering materials for each child’s third quarter homeschool reports.
- Not officially, but learned about independent activities through conversation.
I facilitate both kids’ learning as needed.
- Art, drivers’ ed, French and English grammar, literature, home economics, music, and more.
I facilitate home and yardtending, asking for assistance as needed.
- Made deal with Lise –laundry traded for fries.
- Bedrooomtending; laundry; dishes.
- Yardtending: raking/decluttering.
I post three items (already selected) on a local yard sale site.
I rough draft a schedule for hometending as a baseline for action.
I touch base with Lise about next steps in baking/selecting a mop she wants to use.
I schedule lunch/coffee dates with two friends.
- Coffee date w/Eden Mabee.
I send thank you notes to Jim’s sisters, and contact them via text to touch base.
- Texted both.
I complete the first revision pass of “Storm at Song Glass Cabin” (short story), and return to publishers.
I collect materials, organize, get beta feedback, apply, finalize layout, and submit my Secret Project.
- I have secured 4 beta readers (3 more to ask).
I use April CampNaNoWriMo to complete the rough draft of Still Nameless (Kifo Island #8).
- 25,273 new words; 9,264 this week.
- More than halfway done.
- 13/26 posts complete; 6 this week. J is forJuxtapoosition of Joy and Sorrow; K is for Kids and Kitchen; L is for Laughing Our Way to Death and Beyond; and M is for Marriage Metamorphized With Metastasis.
I check in at Story A Day, catch up on recent podcasts, and begin collecting story sparks for this year’s stories. If there is a way to get advance notice of the prompts, I utilize it.
I complete Pixels to Platform intro and Module 1.
- Running behind due to an extremely busy week; intro viewed.
I complete organization for How to Write Flash Fiction That Doesn’t Suck, evaluate my current progress, and complete one 11:11 learning session this week.
- Finished organization and reread lesson materials.
I complete organization for How to Revise Your Novel.
I serve as an DIY-MFA Pixels to Platform Master Class Ambassador.
- Made a couple of comments; haven’t been there as much at end of week
I answer blog comments and visit other blogs on my current informal schedule.
I complete current chapter of Stained Blood, return to author, and highlight next section for revision.
I touch base with author next in my queue, and another possible beta author regarding manuscript schedule.
I post current goals and Dark and Bitter reading video/transcript to Patreon, and update Facebook Writer page and blog sidebar.
Family Financial Stuff:
I go through current receipts.
- I’ve decided to begin with this week’s receipts.
- Sorted, and found a box in which to home them.
I set budget for groceries, eating out, and monthly expenses, using receipts and bank statement as guides.
- Began organizing current bills/receipts, and kept an eye on transactions electronically; paid electric bill.
I contact insurance agent (re: business insurance).
I read at least one article or blogpost on a financial matter.
I talk with both kids about what prosperity means to them.
- Discussed with Lise; opened topic with Miah.
Body, Mind, and Soul:
I return to tai chi on Thursday, and swim afterwards.
I reset my 5K training; prepare to restart next week.
- All set.
I make chicken and rice soup; steel cut oats; a pasta bake; and steam sweet potatoes in Instant Pot..
- Purple and Japanese sweet potatoes steamed.
- Ingredients purchased for pasta bakes and soup.
I meditate and journal daily, and twice daily at least three times this week.
- Meditation (Insight Timer at 2:22) and journaling each morning.
- Night journaling 2/3; Night meditation (Insight Timer at 1:11) 1/3.
I read at least one spiritual growth article this week.
I allow myself sufficient time for rest, recreation, and reflection, without guilt.
- Time with friends; Cake Mania; TV; shopping; Fixer Upper.
- I’m still not sleeping as much as I need, but am allowing myself more restful days to compensate.
- Meditation, journaling, pondering ongoing.
I share my experiences with others as I am inspired.
- Through blogging, and in person.
I create art that allows me to explore and express my emotional state.
- Singing, home decorating. and writing.
I memorialize Jim’s place in my life, and make changes as I am moved to, without guilt.
- Through writing, and in life (shopping; financial decisions).
The Writing Challenge That Knows You Have A Life!
ROW Along, or Cheer Us On!
My life very much feels like this, lately…