Yes, I know. Round 2 is over, and Round 3 doesn’t start until next week.
But I’m not fond of stopping during the breaks, in part because I break my goals down into monthly batches. So, while it’s officially a break between rounds, I’ve got 2.5 days left to June as I type this – and there are still several things on my goals list that I haven’t yet wrapped up. While I might not be able to get to all of them, I certainly don’t want to stop with those still waiting.
Truth is, I love writing and writing-things.
I just plain don’t want to stop.
A break would be a kind of punishment.
I’m not into punishing myself. I’m happier when I’m moving toward my goals. It’s part of living my life with intention, awareness, and joy. Writing and writing-things make me happy, and I like being happy. =D
So, here’s my penultimate June update. I’ll post the final one (and my July goals) on Saturday, July 1 – and then my Round 3 goals on Sunday, July 2.
How about you?
Do you use the break to reset, rest, renew, recharge?
Or are you happier just going on with your writing?
Note: Goals I engaged with during this session are detailed in this update. For complete lists, see the links below.
- JuNoWriMo: Write 50,000 words of raw material for blog posts. 50,087/50,000 words! Primary goal COMPLETED!
- Play with fiction writing as/if desired. Did a snippet of new writing for next week’s upcoming WIPpet post; and a flash fiction story this week’s #SoCS post. Secondary goal COMPLETED!
- Still Nameless (Kifo Island #8):Use a hybrid form of The Writer’s Coloring Book and The Story Toolkit to plot this novel by June 30. Intial Concept Sheet in progress; 5,450 plotting words; Main Character: Ophelia Mandala sheets in progress: The Ego and The Shadow complete. Primary goal now my primary focus for remainder of the month.
- JuNoWriMo: Plot/outline blog posts as needed to complete the drafting goal above. I have enough material in development to carry me through maybe a dozen or so additional posts. Secondary goal EXCEEDED!
Holly Lisle’s How to Revise Your Novel: Complete Lesson 3 (in progress; check beginning point) using “On Any Tuesday Night” as my WIP. Skim Lessons 4 and 5; make decision regarding how much I can reasonably take on, and set an endpoint for this month’s progress. Notes completed (82 pages; 21 scenes). Primary goal nearing completion.
Blogging: Revise/polish/package relevant blogposts in order to return to a regular blogging schedule. Designate reblogged/repurposed posts or work ahead to cover July’s schedule. Posting to par for the week thus far, with a post scheduled to post later in the week; last weekend post in development. Primary goal on target.
Continue in Twitter #writingcrew and #AllStarTrek sprints/chats regularly. Dabble in other social media (LinkedIn, Medium, Quora, Wattpad) if/as desired. Sprints Sun./Mon. AM.; Chat Mon. AM. Stretch goal on target.
Create a writing business plan using this excellent article by Angela Ackerman as a guide. Step 4/7 in progress; getting close to the end. Primary goal on target.
- Assist my Accomplice with his labeling/branding/platform/marketing (if this is scary for me; it’s completely alien to him). Created a Facebook Business Page, signage, and two simple business cards. Attended local farmer’s market with him; first time. Will be updating/ adding as needed. Secondary goal on target.
Complete Build Your Marketing Muscles class; simmer; draft an action plan to apply what I’ve learned, and experiment with early changes/additions to my currently nearly non-existent “marketing plan.” Finished up all the course materials I missed during the “live” session. Simmering prior to beginning action plan. Stretch goal.
Hometending: Spend time at least 5x/week in mindful cleaning and/or yardtending; complete all homeschool paperwork and testing; deal with subscriptions and other business that tends to get pushed aside; support other indie writers as I’m able. 2017-2018 Letters of Intent submitted; simmering IHIPs. Hometending 2/5. Ran Twitter sprints for #JuNoWriMo.
Selftending: Spend time with my beloveds, friends, and myself; get at least one hour of physical activity 5x/week, and five hours of strenuous activity weekly (including Baby Steps to 5K); meditate and journal 8x/week.
Lifetending: Continue developing professional goals and connections; reading and audiobook listening, and The Star Trek Chronology Project. Onward w/group; #JuNoWriMo, Chronology; Episodes 276-7: Half a Life; The Host; The Mind’s Eye; In Theory. Audiobook The Upside of Your Dark Side; chapter 4/8 in progress.