My goal for Round Four is to take stock, gather in loose ends, and sett things up for next year. I’ve wrapped up a few goals now. Most of the rest are in progress; a few are being adapted or deleted as I move into December. As for my goal of harvesting raw materials, and turning them into something nourishing and sustaining…some of that was accomplished with my October submissions, and groundwork is being laid for further progress in this regard.
All in all, as I said about my November progress, I’m satisfied.
Note: This update covers my progress through November 30, 2016. There will be a final update after the round ends.
- Kifo Island Chronicles: Complete draft of The Far Shore (~65,000 words); Primary goal. Scene 8/24 complete; 24,899/ ~65,000 words; 3,392 new). Draft Tsunamis (~65,000 words). Complete at 63,461 words. This is progressing slowly, at the moment, but I expect the post-NaNo lull to lead to a surge during December.
- Poets on the Page: Write 31 new poems in October, using OctPoWriMo prompts and building for the Blogging From A-Z April Challenge 2017. Secondary goal. 31/31 poems written; various stages of roughness; plotting and drafting for A-Z! Goal completed!
- Trueborn Warp/Weft Series:Foul Deeds Will Rise: Trueborn Weft Series #2: Complete draft (Scene 40/50 complete). Tertiary goal.
- The IDIC Romance: Finish remaining five #STaD wrapup stories. Side goal. Goal completed!
Kifo Island Chonicles: Complete planning (Settting/Time/Story World Mandalas for all 3 main characters) and plot Tsunamis. Primary goal. Finished with a day or so to spare before NaNoWriMo kicked off – goal completed!
Plot #atozchallenge posts while writing October poems. Tertiary goal. Although it took most of the month, I made great progress during the last week or so of the month – so, goal completed!
For Submission: Revise “Peach Liqueur Love” for Dark and Bitter (by 10/10); first “Philodosia” story for The Machinery (by 10/15); and “Beneath the Ice” for World Unknown Review (by 10/31). Primary goal. Barely, but finished before deadlines in all cases.
Kifo Island: Submit Sea Changes scenes 5-24 to critique group. Critique crit partners’ work as posted. Secondary goal. Adapting this goal; we’re putting the group on hold until January 2017, so I want to complete revisions for scenes 5-8, and have them ready for submitting.
The IDIC Romance: Revise “First Contact, With Jazz” and get it in the hands of waiting betas. Revise Chapters 4-10 of A Backdrop of Stars; continue revisions on Chapters 4-20; Love and Loss (add links). Tertiary goal. Adapting goal: ABOS: Revise Chapters 4-6; review 1-3./ Deleting LaL until 2017.
Poetry: Find information about revising poetry. Experiment with revisions of existing Trek poems.Side goal. Crickets. Setting aside until 2017.
Make regular visits to others participating in hops and challenges I’ve joined. This will be a Thursday/Monday focus. Primary goal. Not so great on this, due to NaNo and life.
- Interaction: Visit website, blog, ROW80, Albany NNWM, and Yakon Village FB pages; ff.net; Twitter; Instagram; and Pinterest at least twice weekly, each site. Secondary goal. Again, not so much, but some. Adapting goal to once a week, each site.
Continue in situ website design, with a focus on bringing in the various facets of my life in a more cohesive manner. This will be a Friday/Tuesday focus. Tertiary goal. Nothing much in November.
- Complete resets/reorganizations: study, family room, and porch. Use the 27 Thing Fling for structure. Add in 20 cycles a week for random indoor/outdoor tidying/hometending. Primary goal. Spotty progress through November..but still progress!
Homeschool Administration: Submit first quarter reports for both kids by December 15. Create Flickr portfolio, by year, or roughly so, for Miah; categorize and continue to file to Lise’s. Secondary goal. Just a bit of progress here.
- Personal Administration: Clean, organize, and back up all OneDrive files.Tertiary goal. Three directories organized/culled.
- Photo digitalization: Scan box of travel photos; save in organized files with backup. Side goal. Nothing new.
My beloveds: One on one time with each, doing something of value to us both, each week. Continue planning/ attending outings (personal and family) as desired. Primary goal. Lots of connection; one-on-one outings with my Accomplice and both kids. Goal completed!
NNWM local group: Interact regularly, in person and online; participate actively in critique group. Secondary goal. Better on the interaction; critique group very slow. Adapted goal: group on break until January.
- Paying it Forward: Offer beta reading, reviews, and promotional posts for other writers. Tertiary goal. Some, but my focus was on NaNo prep.
Finish reading/reveling in Hamilton: The Revolution (Lin-Manuel Miranda and Jeffrey McCarter). Return to its rightful owner….*sniff*. Side goal. My own copy is on my wish list.=D
Journal six times each week. Gradually increase meditation to ten minutes six mornings, and four minutes three evenings. Primary goal. November wasn’t kind to this goal…
Fitness: Get a cumulative total of at least 90 minutes moderate physical activity 5 days weekly, 2 hours thrice weekly, by round’s end. Secondary goal. Getting more mindful and consistent, but not quite where I want to be yet.
Tai chi class, swimming, strength, and/or cardio training for a cumulative total of twelve hours in October; thirteen in November; fourteen in December. Tertiary goal. Dropped the ball here, too…
- Smart Change: Choose a habit to change using the intial steps in this book. Side goal. Setting aside till 2017.
Intuitive Eating: Begin implementing first steps. Side goal. Setting aside till 2017.
Leaps of Faith:
Submit stories to Dark and Bitter; The Machinery; and World Unknown Review. Primary goal. Goal completed!http://www.triaxiansilk.com/
The IDIC Romance: Submit chapters 4-10 of A Backdrop of Stars and First Contact, With Jazz to fanfiction.net; begin submitting to either Ad Astra or Triaxian Silk. Secondary goal. Nothing new. Adapted goal: Submit Chapters 4-6, ABoS. Get FC,WJ to betas.
Self-publish “A Splash of Red”; experimental project. Tertiary goal. Nothing new.
Poetry Chapbooks: Do rough setup for Trek poetry chapbook. This is experimental. Side goal. Crickets.
Create Patreon page, and incorporate it into my social media…this is an exploratory time. Side goal. Nothing new.
Kait Nolan’s ROW80 –
The Writing Challenge That Knows You Have a Life!
ROW Along, or Cheer Us On!
We’re on Facebook!