November is here, which means that October is gone, and I’ve moved on to a new set of goals. Before I unveil those, though, let’s take a last look at how I fared with this batch of sometimes tricky treats…
Note: For more detail, check the links below. Round Four and 2016 goals will be updating within the next week.
- The IDIC Romance: Finish any #STaD stories still pending. Primary goal. Finished!
- Poets on the Page : Write 31 new poems in October, using OctPoWriMo prompts. Secondary goal. 29/31 complete. I wrote Poem 30 as part of Scene Two of my NaNo project at about 1AM, 11/1, so there’s one more to write. One of my characters is a poet, though, so I expect it’ll come up soon – maybe even before this posts! Almost finished…
- Kifo Island Chronicles: Complete draft of The Far Shore (Scene 8/24 in progress; 21,533/65,000 words). Tertiary goal. Back-burnered (BB).
Kifo Island Chonicles: Complete planning (Beginning with Setting worksheets, and ending with Story World Mandalas) and plot Tsunamis. Primary goal. Scene Cards completed; Scene by Scene Outline created; Scene Profile Page 24/24 completed at 4:18 PM, October 31. That cut it closer than I prefer, but I’ve got an open-ended outline ready to go, so it’s all good. Finished!
Plot #atozchallenge posts while writing October poems. Secondary goal. Week Two (B -G): D and E poems written. Given that I didn’t settle on an idea until late in the month, this was very good progress (and I got in five extra poems,too)! Good progress.
For Submission: Revise “Peach Liqueur Love” for Dark and Bitter; first “Philodosia” story for The Machinery; and “Beneath the Ice” for World Unknown Review
.Primary goal. I hit “send” at 12:01am by my computer, but it wasn’t yet midnight for the editor, so I’m counting this…Finished!
Kifo Island: Submit Sea Changes scenes 5-8 to critique group. Critique crit partners’ work as posted. Secondary goal. BB.
Make regular visits to others participating in hops and challenges I’ve joined. This will be a Thursday/Monday focus. Primary goal. Mostly, so calling this good progress.
- Interaction: Visit website, blog, ROW80, Albany NNWM, and Yakon Village FB pages; ff.net; Twitter; Instagram; and Pinterest at least twice weekly, each site. Once each for green items. Answered review at ff.net. Again, good progress.
Continue in situ website design, with a focus on bringing in the various facets of my life in a more cohesive manner. This will be a Friday/Tuesday focus. Tertiary goal. Secured permission for another reblog. Actually posting them – that’s another story….progress.
Complete resets/reorganizations: study, family room, and porch. Use the 27 Thing Fling for structure/4 each per week. Add in 20 cycles a week for random indoor/outdoor tidying/hometending. Primary goal. Good progress; mostly because getting up and moving gets me oxygenated and helps the ideas to flow, so there’s an added benefit to cleaning. Very good progress here. And a cleaner house, too! =D
Homeschool Administration: Gather info for first quarter reports. Create Flickr portfolio for Miah; continue to file to Lise’s. Secondary goal. We were busily living our very active first quarter. I did collect photos, brochures, and other memento from some of our adventures, so calling this progress.
- Personal Administration: Clean, organize, and back up all OneDrive Homeschool, Blogging, and Beta Reading files. Maintain email below 99 messages. Tertiary goal. I was doing great, then dove headfirst into plotting and rewrites, and didn’t surface to clean up my messages…but it’s still a lot more of a habit than it was as last year’s NaNo dawned. Great progress!
My beloveds: One on one time with each, doing something of value to us both, each week. Continue planning/ attending outings (personal and family) as desired. Primary goal.
NNWM local group: Interact regularly online and in person; participate actively in critique group. Secondary goal. Lots of interaction; critique group on hold for now. Good progress.
- Paying it Forward: Offer beta reading, reviews, and promotional posts for other writers. Tertiary goal. Blog tour post coming this week. Progress.
Journal six times each week. Gradually increase meditation to ten minutes six mornings, and four minutes three evenings. Primary goal. I did well at mornings, and better at evening meditation. Great progress!
Fitness: Get a cumulative total of at least 75 minutes moderate physical activity 5 days weekly, 90 minutes thrice weekly. Secondary goal. Good progress.
Tai chi class, swimming, strength, and/or cardio training for a cumulative total of twelve hours. Tertiary goal. 2.5 hours; monthly total: 7 hours; 10 minutes. I didn’t make the goal, but I did make progress.
Finish reading/reveling in Hamilton: The Revolution (Lin-Manuel Miranda and Jeffrey McCarter). Return to its rightful owner….*sniff*. Side goal. I didn’t want to return it, so I will be getting my own copy soonish. Finished!
Leaps of Faith:
Submit stories to Dark and Bitter; The Machinery; and World Unknown Review. Primary goal. Finished!
The IDIC Romance: Submit chapters 4-7 of A Backdrop of Stars to fanfiction.net; begin submitting to either Ad Astra or Triaxian Silk. Secondary goal.
Self-publish “A Splash of Red”; experimental project. Tertiary goal. Spoke with potential illustrator.
Create Patreon page, and incorporate it into my social media…this is an exploratory time. Umm, very little since the very beginning of the month. A bit of progress.
The Writing Challenge That Knows You Have a Life!
ROW Along, or Cheer Us On!
We’re on Facebook!