What does fall mean to you? Pumpkin spice everything? Football games? Leaf peeping? Preparing for winter? A little of all of these, or none of any of them?
At midnight, Round Four of ROW80 kicked off. That means I’m shifting my focus from my summer theme, Purpose, to one more in keeping with the harvest season: Prosperity.
What does that mean?
Well, I’ll be taking stock, gathering in loose ends, and setting things up for next year. I’ll be wrapping up some of my goals, and offering words, ideas, and stories as gifts. I’ll harvest the raw materials I’ve cultivated through the year, and turn them into something nourishing and sustaining.
That will look different month to month, and sometimes session to session…
I’ll be sharing my October goals at the Wednesday update.
- Kifo Island Chronicles: Complete draft of The Far Shore (Scene 8/24 in progress; 21,533/65,000 words). Draft Tsunamis (~65,000 words). Primary goal.
- Poets on the Page: Write 31 new poems in October, using OctPoWriMo prompts and building for the Blogging From A-Z April Challenge 2017. Secondary goal.
- Trueborn Warp/Weft Series:Foul Deeds Will Rise: Trueborn Weft Series #2: Complete draft (Scene 40/50 complete). Tertiary goal.
- The IDIC Romance: Finish remaining five #STaD wrapup stories. Side goal; if needed.
Kifo Island Chonicles: Complete planning (Settting/Time/Story World Mandalas for all 3 main characters) and plot Tsunamis. Primary goal.
Plot #atozchallenge posts while writing October poems. Tertiary goal.
For Submission: Revise “Peach Liqueur Love” for Dark and Bitter (by 10/10); first “Philodosia” story for The Machinery (by 10/15); and “Beneath the Ice” for World Unknown Review (by 10/31). Primary goal.
Kifo Island: Submit Sea Changes scenes 5-24 to critique group. Critique crit partners’ work as posted. Secondary goal.
The IDIC Romance: Revise “First Contact, With Jazz” and get it in the hands of waiting betas. Revise Chapters 4-10 of A Backdrop of Stars; continue revisions on Chapters 4-20; Love and Loss. Tertiary goal.
Poetry: Find information about revising poetry. Experiment with revisions of existing Trek poems. Side goal.
Make regular visits to others participating in hops and challenges I’ve joined. This will be a Thursday/Monday focus. Primary goal.
- Interaction: Visit website, blog, ROW80, Albany NNWM, and Yakon Village FB pages; ff.net; Twitter; Instagram; and Pinterest at least twice weekly, each site. Secondary goal.
Continue in situ website design, with a focus on bringing in the various facets of my life in a more cohesive manner. This will be a Friday/Tuesday focus. Tertiary goal.
- Complete resets/reorganizations: study, family room, and porch. Use the 27 Thing Fling for structure. Add in 20 cycles a week for random indoor/outdoor tidying/hometending. Primary goal.
Homeschool Administration: Submit first quarter reports for both kids by December 15. Create Flickr portfolio, by year, or roughly so, for Miah; categorize and continue to file to Lise’s. Secondary goal.
- Personal Administration: Clean, organize, and back up all OneDrive files.Tertiary goal.
- Photo digitalization: Scan box of travel photos; save in organized files with backup. Side goal.
My beloveds: One on one time with each, doing something of value to us both, each week. Continue planning/ attending outings (personal and family) as desired. Primary goal.
NNWM local group: Interact regularly, in person and online; participate actively in critique group. Secondary goal.
- Paying it Forward: Offer beta reading, reviews, and promotional posts for other writers. Tertiary goal.
Finish reading/reveling in Hamilton: The Revolution (Lin-Manuel Miranda and Jeffrey McCarter). Return to its rightful owner….*sniff*. Side goal.
Journal six times each week. Gradually increase meditation to ten minutes six mornings, and four minutes three evenings. Primary goal.
Fitness: Get a cumulative total of at least 90 minutes moderate physical activity 5 days weekly, 2 hours thrice weekly, by round’s end. Secondary goal.
Tai chi class, swimming, strength, and/or cardio training for a cumulative total of twelve hours in October; thirteen in November; fourteen in December. Tertiary goal.
- Smart Change: Choose a habit to change using the intial steps in this book. Side goal.
Intuitive Eating: Begin implementing first steps. Side goal.
Leaps of Faith:
Submit stories to Dark and Bitter; The Machinery; and World Unknown Review. Primary goal.
The IDIC Romance: Submit chapters 4-10 of A Backdrop of Stars and First Contact, With Jazz to fanfiction.net; begin submitting to either Ad Astra or Triaxian Silk. Secondary goal.
Self-publish “A Splash of Red”; experimental project. Tertiary goal.
Poetry Chapbooks: Do rough setup for Trek poetry chapbook. This is experimental. Side goal.
Create Patreon page, and incorporate it into my social media…this is an exploratory time. Side goal.
The Writing Challenge That Knows You Have a Life!
Every round, I think of this…