We’re still officially on a ROW80 break – but don’t tell my brain that. It likes having things to do, and I like seeing which way it’s going to take me next. I also spent more time dealing with my September goals I didn’t finish everything, but I never really meant to. A few will be set aside, and others will be carried forward into Round Four. It was definitely a session based more in fan fiction than other topics, and mor on new writing than plotting or revision. That will be shifting, in October….at least, to a degree. I have things to wrap up before NaNo comes along!
Snippets from a few more Story A Day entries.
Standard disclaimer applies: I don’t own them; I don’t profit from them.
From his position, Soval could see the young woman, her slender body hunching over its digestive distress. He could hear the approaching Terran – a male of robust build, by the sound of the footsteps. The young woman’s scent sharpened with alarm, and more. The delicate fragrance of first Awakening rose in the air, focused as it hadn’t been, before the human approached.
“You sure you’re ready for this?” Trip watched her, and T’Pol could tell that her husband was concerned. She held the small obsidian box – another gift from Soval – which held their daughter’s ashes. It was illogical, the depth to which the size of this box, and the suggestion it made of the amount of remains within, pained her. Elizabeth had been small; but that was no reflection on her presence.
“I won’t harm you, if you intend no threat to my bonding. Please, be at your ease.”
T’Pol breathed out an answer. “Dalisay.” With the word, the bond surged powerfully with the quest they’d been engaged on during their trip back to Earth, before they found out about Elizabeth, and everything changed forever.
“What is it that you would have me say to you?” She wouldn’t surrender to the images that had been in his mind – the two of them engaged in a sexual act that was clearly illogical. T’Pol closed her eyes, and attempted to focus on the afterimages of the flame.
“Classified? Like the fact that the two of you got married, and never even told me? Like the fact that you’ve been fraternizing with each other for over a year? I’m damned sick of being kept out of the loop, and I really don’t care what your reasons are. Three times you’ve stolen a shuttlecraft. Three times you’ve left the ship without authorization – the last two against orders. Three times, you’ve assaulted other members of this crew. I can’t trust you, Trip, and you need to be right where you are, in the brig – for your safety and everyone else’s.”
- Story A Day September 2016: Write 35 stories this month (not sure how the timing will play out, and the final 5 will be vignettes written on the same day). The IDIC Romance: Cowled: 8; Parted From Me: 8; “Do You?”: 8; A Backdrop of Stars: 6. Hamilton alternate history: Philodosia: 5. Priority goal. 29/35 complete; I actually finished story 30 at 1:30ishAM, on the first. That only leaves the 5 vignettes undone.
- The IDIC Romance: Finish the Word-High July stories for “Mutually Acceptable”. Secondary goal. I made this a focus on the 28th and 29th, and finally finished.
- Kifo Island Chronicles: Complete draft of The Far Shore. Tertiary goal. About 1500 words added; still Scene 8/24.
#STaD: Complete the rough sketches for 36 new September stories/chapters/scenes. Develop more detailed plan for each story as its turn comes. Priority goal. 30/35 complete.
The Star Trek Chronology Project:View remaining 13/26 episodes of Star Trek: The Original Series, Season 2; . Episodes/clips/transcripts of Enterprise as needed for story creation/revision. Secondary goal.
- Kifo Island Chonicles: Finish planning Tsunamis, using The Writer’s Coloring Book.Review all character work to date; finish planning through Story World Mandalas for all 3 major players. Tertiary goal. Didn’t happen.
“Monday Morning Coffee Sequel”: Reread “MMC”, Plan this short story/novella, using The Writer’s Coloring Book. Complete basic character mapping for both MCs. Side goal. Deleted goal.
Kifo Island Chronicles: Complete rough revisions and submit scenes 5-10 of Sea Changes (Kifo Island Chronicles #1) to crit group. Primary goal. Nothing new; still in the midst of Scene 5.
- “Peach Liqueur Love”: Complete Steps 2 and 3 of Sarah Selecky’s Deep Revision process; consider adaptations to use as my “Dark and Bitter” submission. Secondary goal. Deleted goal.
- The IDIC Romance: Revise “First Contact, With Jazz”, using The Writer’s Coloring Book; submit to patiently waiting betas. Tertiary project. Deleted goal.
Revise and post Chapters 4 and 5 of “A Backdrop of Stars.” Side project. Some early progress here.
- Blog/Website Transition: Set and keep regular weekly posting schedule (ROW/#STaD/ 3 other posts weekly?); add relevant content to pages. Aim for soft website reveal at end of month. Primary goal. Using the site for everything but ROW80, because I need to learn how to do colors, and that hasn’t happened yet, and y’all know I love my colors! =)
- ROW80: Keep updates and sponsor duties up-to-date; check Facebook page every Thursday and Monday. Secondary goal.
- Maintain a rational rhythm for visiting other hop participants. Tertiary goal. Comme ci, comme ca….
- Maintain email Inbox below 99 messages; answer blog comments at least three times weekly; Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and fanfiction.net comments twice weekly. Side goal Blog: 1/3; website: 1/3. Twitter: 2/2. Pinterest, Instagram, Pinterest, Fanfiction: 1 /2. Definitely room for improvement here.
Homeschool Administration: Complete and submit fourth quarter reports; narrative review; and test scores to district by September 15. Deal with correspondence as needed. Primary goal.
- Beautification: Do the 27 Thing Fling in study, family room, and porch at least thrice a week each room, and in other areas, indoors and out, at least ten times weekly (can include laundry and dishes.) Secondary goal. Family: 3/3; Porch: 3/3; study 4/3. Inside random: 16/10, including laundry and dishes.
- Organization: Sort and clean up OneDrive Beta Reading, Blogging, and Homeschool directories. Tertiary goal. Some.
- Locate all existing Trek poems and file together for chapbook project. Side goal. A bit.
My beloveds: One on one time with each, doing something of value to us both, each week. Primary goal. Couples’ workout; chair procurement; shopping; Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy; conversation.
Continue planning/ attending outings (personal and family) as desired. Secondary goal. Couples’ workout. Arranged to see a 10/17 preview screening of Hamilton’s America, Lin-Manuel Miranda’s documentary on his musical. It will be held at our state museum, which we enjoy visiting, so we’ll make an afternoon/evening of this.
NNWM local group: Interact regularly, in person and online; participate actively in critique group; do reviews as requested and available. Tertiary goal. Writer’s group Sunday. Did a quick readthrough/critique of an unscheduled story as a favor to a member of my crit group.
Write in Abundance and #onegoodcup journals, and meditate for at least eight minutes five times each week. Primary goal. Journaling: 6/5; Meditation 6/5 (8 minutes each).
Get a cumulative total of at least 60 minutes moderate physical activity 5 days weekly, 75 minutes thrice weekly. Secondary goal. 60 minutes: 5/5; 75 minutes: 5/3.
Tai chi class, swimming, strength, and/or cardio training for a cumulative total of ten hours. Tertiary goal. 7 hours, 35 minutes/10 hours. Tai chi, strength, cardio.Not at all bad, considering my late start.
Finish reading/reveling in Hamilton: The Revolution (Lin-Manuel Miranda and Jeffrey McCarter). Return to its rightful owner….*sniff*. Side goal. I’ve read through “Cabinet Battle #1”; page 164/287.
Leaps of Faith:
Continue helping my Accomplice in his job search. Primary goal. Helped with some technical issues; he’s got an interview scheduled for Wednesday; it’s an exciting opportunity.
“A Splash of Red”: Compile notes and do pre-self-publication revision pass. Gather materials and play with cover art ideas. Secondary goal. Deleted goal.
Select and read one writing craft book. Tertiary goal.