I usually open my posts with a cheery greeting. Today, though, I want to take this time to honor our Corki-dog, who died peacefully in the backyard early Sunday afternoon. He was a big part of our family, and of the childrens’ growing up. He wasn’t especially loud or obtrusive, but he had a presence that’s keenly missed by all of us.
Grief changes things, and that’s reflected in this update. Not as much got done toward these goals – but grief and adjustment take time and energy, and that’s where much of my focus was, this session.
Do you have a special memory of a furfriend, past or present, to share?
There was some writing, this session, so there are snippets to share (standard disclaimer applies : I don’t own them; I don’t profit from them)
“No other heart fuels your life, Trip. Your heart is valuable beyond measure, to me.” She finished on a soft sob, and he pulled her in closer, and her pain was right there, as though she’d said it aloud. I thought I would never again have the right to hear it, and be certain that you live.
- She was going to stand there at that memorial, and let both their worlds know that she was Elizabeth T’Les Tucker’s mama. And then, she was going to fall apart. He’d known her long enough and well enough now to know that she was barely hanging on. She was going to lose her grip – and he was determined to get her somewhere away from prying eyes and reporters and questions before that happened.
“Is that a threat, Commander Tucker?” Jon looked like he was spoiling for a fight.
How could Trip call himself a gentleman when he’d so obviously taken advantage of an extremely vulnerable woman? T’Pol was the strongest, most determined, most capable person Jon had ever known. She didn’t need Trip; he had to have planted that idea in her mind. He ignored the niggling whisper that said Trip wouldn’t do something like that, that he respected himself and T’Pol way too much to use her. If he listened to that voice, he was going to have to accept that this really might be something T’Pol needed – and then he couldn’t do anything to stop it.
- Story A Day September 2016 : Write 35 stories this month (not sure how the timing will play out, and the final 5 will be vignettes written on the same day). The IDIC Romance: Cowled: 8; “Parted From Me”: 8; “Do You?”: 8; A Backdrop of Stars: 6. Hamilton alternate history: Philodosia: 5. Priority goal. 13.5/35. Running half a day behind, and OK with that. The stories are long, and good. Do You?: 3/8. ABOS: 1.5/6.
- The IDIC Romance: Finish the Word-High July stories for “Mutually Acceptable”. Secondary goal. 275 new words; story 30/31 in progress.
#STaD: Complete the rough sketches for 36 new September stories/chapters/scenes. Develop more detailed plan for each story as its turn comes. Priority goal. Worked on 14/35.
- Blog/Website Transition: Set and keep regular weekly posting schedule (ROW/#STaD/ 3 other posts weekly?); add relevant content to pages. Aim for soft website reveal at end of month. Primary goal. #STaD stalled at 5/31; ROW80 update and #8sunday posted.
- ROW80: Keep updates and sponsor duties up-to-date; check Facebook page every Thursday and Monday. Secondary goal. Slowly got to the ROW80 linky list. Didn’t make it to the page yet this week; was late for Thursday’s.
- Maintain a rational rhythm for visiting other hop participants. Tertiary goal. Managed the ROW80 visits; that’s all.
- Maintain email Inbox below 99 messages; answer blog comments at least three times weekly; Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and fanfiction.net comments twice weekly. Side goal. Kept email down most of the session. Not into other social media; needed some quiet time.
- Beautification: Do the 27 Thing Fling in study, family room, and porch at least thrice a week each room, and in other areas, indoors and out, at least ten times weekly (can include laundry and dishes.) Secondary goal. 5/10 general. Low energy session.
My beloveds: One on one time with each, doing something of value to us both, each week. Primary goal. Movies; conversation; Minecraft club and shopping.
Continue planning/ attending outings (personal and family) as desired. Secondary goal. Write-in; Minecraft club. Plans in the works for an October mother-daughter trip to the Schuyler Mansion and Not Back to School pizza party.
NNWM local group: Interact regularly, in person and online; participate actively in critique group; do reviews as requested and available. Tertiary goal.
Write in Abundance and #onegoodcup journals, and meditate for at least eight minutes five times each week. Primary goal. Journals: 3/5; Meditation: 1/5.
Get a cumulative total of at least 60 minutes moderate physical activity 5 days weekly, 75 minutes thrice weekly. Secondary goal. 60: 2/5; 75: 1/3.
Leaps of Faith:
Continue helping my Accomplice in his job search. Primary goal. Polished and printed a thank you note for Monday’s interview.