Hey there, ROWers and others!
It’s been a busy week, with a mini-conference and a movie; administration and creation. So, let’s get to it, because there’s more busyness ahead.
It’s a day of remembrance for Americans. Fifteen years ago, I cried tears of disbelief and sorrow on the face of my 9 day old son, weeping for babies who would never know their fathers. His life, and those events, will always be connected in my mind.
Instead of clever intro, I offer you snippets from this session’s stories (these haven’t hit the website yet, and some of them won’t, since I have TBA Plans for them. =D)
Day 7 (Cowled; standard disclaimer applies):
“You mean you people are telepathic? Something else that’s classified, I’ll bet – though I can sure as hell see why you wouldn’t want to tell us that one.”
Day 8 (Philodosia #1):
“Not slavery, dearest daughter. Marriage.”
Day 9 (Philodosia #2):
Her other hand went to his cheek; she could feel the short hairs beginning to poke through; they made her heart sing faster in her chest.
Day 10 (Philodosia #3):
“Perhaps there is.” Grandfather summoned one of the slaves; it made Philip uncomfortable, this business of owning other people, but this was Grandfather’s house, and they were here on his sufferance.
- Story A Day September 2016: Write 35 stories this month (not sure how the timing will play out, and the final 5 will be vignettes written on the same day). The IDIC Romance: Cowled: 8; “Parted From Me”: 8; “Do You?”: 8; A Backdrop of Stars: 6. Hamilton alternate history: Philodosia: 5. Priority goal. 8/35 written; 5/35 posted.(add link here). 1/35 in progress; 1/35 nearly done; needs finishing; running a bit behind, but writing longer stories, and loving them, so I don’t mind. Cowled; 3/8; “Philodosia”: 3/5.
#STaD: Complete the rough sketches for 35 new September stories/chapters/scenes. Develop more detailed plan for each story as its turn comes. Priority goal. 35/35 sketches completed. I’m developing each story; up to 10/35 now.
The Star Trek Chronology Project: View remaining 13/26 episodes of Star Trek: The Original Series, Season 2; Episodes/clips/transcripts of Enterprise as needed for story creation/revision. Secondary goal. 13/13; 4 new; “Patterns of Force”; “The Ultimate Computer”; “The Omega Glory”; “Assignment: Earth”.
- Blog/Website Transition: Set and keep regular weekly posting schedule (ROW/#STaD/ 3 other posts weekly?); add relevant content to pages. Aim for soft website reveal at end of month. Primary goal. 2/3 other posts; WIPpet and #8sunday. Getting closer to a schedule; will finalize that by month’s end. I’m mulling how to handle the soft reveal without devoting huge stretches of time and energy to it.
- ROW80: Keep updates and sponsor duties up-to-date; check Facebook page every Thursday and Monday. Secondary goal. Did fine on updates, and got to sponsor visits a little belatedly. Didn’t check the page at all; waylaid by life.
- Maintain a rational rhythm for visiting other hop participants. Tertiary goal. An erratically busy week was challenging; working on catchup. Still managed to get to all ROW80 posts.
- Maintain email Inbox below 99 messages; answer blog comments at least three times weekly; Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and fanfiction.net comments twice weekly. Side goal. Email under 90; Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest: 1/2. Comments underway; 2/3. Not great, but better than previous weeks, overall.
Homeschool Administration: Complete and submit fourth quarter reports; narrative review; and test scores to district by September 15. Deal with correspondence as needed. Primary goal. Everything submitted Saturday morning. ~cue wild dancing and singing!~ All that’s still needed is one letter I need to revise, polish, proof, print, and send.
- Beautification: Do the 27 Thing Fling in study, family room, and porch at least thrice a week each room, and in other areas, indoors and out, at least ten times weekly (can include laundry and dishes.) Secondary goal. Study: 3/3; Family room 3/3; Others: 15/10. Porch 1/3; too hot out there; air conditioner vents to this porch.
Organization: Sort and clean up OneDrive Beta Reading, Blogging, and Homeschool directories. Tertiary goal. Related: Cleaned up The IDIC Romance directory, which was crazy-makingly disorganized. All of Homeschool sorted/culled; excepting Miscellaneous Documents Folder. A bit in Blogging, here and there.
Locate all existing Trek poems and file together for chapbook project. Side goal. Found another poem while cleaning up; moved it.
My beloveds: One on one time with each, doing something of value to us both, each week. Primary goal. Movie; television; mini-conference; long wandering conversation.
Continue planning/ attending outings (personal and family) as desired. Secondary goal. Unschooling mini-conference on Tuesday; For the Love of Spock on Thursday (and maybe tai chi, too!)
NNWM local group: Interact regularly, in person and online; participate actively in critique group; do reviews as requested and available. Tertiary goal. Interacted a bit.
Write in Abundance and #onegoodcup journals, and meditate for at least eight minutes five times each week. Primary goal. Journaling: 6/5; Meditation 2/5, and two shorter sessions: 7 minutes; 6 minutes – I forgot my target number here!
Get a cumulative total of at least 60 minutes moderate physical activity 5 days weekly, 75 minutes thrice weekly. Secondary goal. 60 minutes: 4/5; 75 minutes: 3/3. Better than last week.
Finish reading/reveling in Hamilton: The Revolution (Lin-Manuel Miranda and Jeffrey McCarter). Return to its rightful owner….*sniff*. Side goal. Read Chapter VI (through “You’ll Be Back”).
Leaps of Faith:
Continue helping my Accomplice in his job search. Primary goal. Printed more copies of his cover letter; he has an interview on Monday
Select and read one writing craft book. Tertiary goal. Writing Active Setting: Book 2; Mary Buchanan. Finished. Not sure I’ll read the others in this series. Some good insight, but it felt derivative and hastily written.