Hey there, ROWers and others!
Yes, indeedy, I have been writing – so glad you asked! =D
What’s that you say? You want snippets? OK, I can do that!
(Standard disclaimer applies;
I don’t own them; no money is made from them!)
A Tide of Unshed Tears:
- But I can’t cry. I can do nothing to ease this hurt. I don’t need to attempt meditation to know that I will fail. It’s not logical, but it’s no less true. I’m filling with tears, like the salt-laden oceans of his world. And yet, I’m the product of my own world, my own cultural conditioning. I can’t cry.
- “Pepperpot, I don’t need anything but you. I can feel you needin’ me, worryin’ that something’s going to go wrong. I don’t care what you’re wearing – you look amazing in everything, or nothing at all. I just want to marry you, and then hang on for dear life while we fall apart together.”
Still Untitled Story:
- “Damned straight she is.” Trip Tucker stopped his pacing, but he was trembling, a certain sign that the separation had gone on nearly as long as could be endured. However, his chin came up sharply, in a manner well known to Soval. “The converse is also true, in case any of you were wondering.” He swallowed, and his nostrils flared. “It’s time.”
- “It took you twenty-six seconds, Trip. That is considerably longer than you said it would take.”
And, to round it out….
The Far Shore (Kifo Island #4), “The Shifting Point”:
- She’d tried to be the empty husk Aneesha demanded of her ‘service workers,’ as she called them, but she’d been born with a brain, and Mama had done all she could to feed that brain. She’d had that for seven years, and she couldn’t forget just because Aneesha had owned her for the last ten.
- August 2016 goals final update
- Round Three 2016 goals (updating this week)
- 2016 goals (updating this week)
Only September goals I interacted with this session are posted; click the link for the comprehensive list.
- Story A Day September 2016: Write 36 stories this month (not sure how the timing will play out, and the final 5 will be vignettes written on the same day). The IDIC Romance: Cowled: 8; Parted From Me: 8; “Do You?”: 8; A Backdrop of Stars: 6. Hamilton alternate history: Philodosia: 5. Priority goal. 5/36 written; 5/36 posted.Story 6 is mostly done; but not quite; exhaustion and an unschooling conference kept me otherwise engaged.
- The IDIC Romance: Finish the Word-High July stories for “Mutually Acceptable”. Secondary goal. 1,059 new words for story 30/31.
- Kifo Island Chronicles: Complete draft of The Far Shore. Tertiary goal. 562 new words; Scene 8/24.
#STaD: Complete the rough sketches for 36 new September stories/chapters/scenes. Develop more detailed plan for each story as its turn comes. Priority goal. 22/36 completed; 23 in progress.
The Star Trek Chronology Project: View remaining 13/26 episodes of Star Trek: The Original Series, Season 2; Episodes/clips/transcripts of Enterprise as needed for story creation/revision. Secondary goal. 9/13; 5 new; “Obsession”; “The Immunity Syndrome”; “A Piece of the Action”; “By Any Other Name”; and“Return to Tomorrow”.
Kifo Island Chronicles: Complete rough revisions and submit scenes 5-10 of Sea Changes (Kifo Island Chronicles #1) to crit group. Primary goal. Related: Read critique of Scene 4; lots to think about here.
- Blog/Website Transition: Set and keep regular weekly posting schedule (ROW/#STaD/ 3 other posts weekly?); add relevant content to pages. Aim for soft website reveal at end of month. Primary goal. 3 ROW80 posts; 2 #StaD posts.
- ROW80: Keep updates and sponsor duties up-to-date; check Facebook page every Thursday and Monday. Secondary goal. 3 updates posted; didn’t quite get to the Facebook page.
- Maintain a rational rhythm for visiting other hop participants. Tertiary goal. Visited a good many #StaD posts Monday, while linking my own posts. That worked well.
- Maintain email Inbox below 99 messages; answer blog comments at least three times weekly; Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and fanfiction.net comments twice weekly. Side goal. Email back up a bit while I focused on Other Things. Posted/quick Instagram visit.
- Beautification: Do the 27 Thing Fling in study, family room, and porch at least thrice a week each room, and in other areas, indoors and out, at least ten times weekly (can include laundry and dishes.) Secondary goal. Study: 3/3; Family room: 3/3 (and table is tidy enough to fold laundry on!). Other areas: 6/10.
My beloveds: One on one time with each, doing something of value to us both, each week. Primary goal. Movie; television; mini-conference.
Continue planning/ attending outings (personal and family) as desired.Secondary goal. Unschooling mini-conference on Tuesday; For the Love of Spock (and maybe tai chi, too!) on tap for tomorrow.
NNWM local group: Interact regularly, in person and online; participate actively in critique group; do reviews as requested and available. Tertiary goal.Write-in; quick visit to FB group page.
Write in Abundance and #onegoodcup journals, and meditate for at least eight minutes five times each week. Primary goal. Journaling: 2/5; Meditation (7 minutes).
Get a cumulative total of at least 60 minutes moderate physical activity 5 days weekly, 75 minutes thrice weekly. Secondary goal. 60 minutes: 2/5; 75 minutes: 1/5.
Leaps of Faith:
Continue helping my Accomplice in his job search. Primary goal. Helped with getting the correct format of the correct documents to the correct location.