Hey there, ROWers and others!
Lately, I’ve been starting out with a bit of what I’m writing:
Star Trek: Enterprise fan fiction story WIPs (Standard disclaimer applies!):
This had the scent of aged papers and ink; moisture from the humid San Francisco air; Terran dust; and, above all, cured animal hide.
The signal shrieked again, like a Vulcan screaming and thrashing against restraints, or yanking her arm away, yelling, “Let me go!” Only letting go when she was pumped full of that poison could get her killed.
This Alien Flame (Cowled):
The scent suffuses every breath. The book and her human – illogical, indelible temptations. Two weeks without meditation, food, or tea. She can scarcely take water.
It’s been a busy birthday and research week, but all that won’t fit in this post, so I guess than makes it time for a ROW80 Update!
August 2016 goals final update (pending later today)
Round Three 2016 goals (posting this week)
2016 goals (posting this week)
- Story A Day September 2016: Write 36 stories this month (not sure how the timing will play out, and the final 5 will be vigettes done on the same day). The IDIC Romance: Cowled: 8; “Parted From Me”: 8; “Do You?”: 8; A Backdrop of Stars: 6. Hamilton alternate history: Philodosia: 5. Priority goal. Story 3/36(Cowled: 2/8; Parted: 1/8) drafted. Story 4/36 simmering (Parted).
- The IDIC Romance: Finish the Word-High July stories for “Mutually Acceptable”. 30/31 wrapping up. Secondary goal. Lost a few hundred words; will have to recreate…but that’s all right.
#STaD: Complete the rough sketches for 36 new September stories/chapters/scenes. Develop more detailed plan for each story as its turn comes. 16/36 paragraph sketches completed. Story 3/36 plot developed. Priority goal.
The Star Trek Chronology Project: View remaining 13/26 episodes of Star Trek: The Original Series, Season 2; Episodes/clips/transcripts of Enterprise as needed for story creation/revision. Secondary goal. 4/13;Had a mini-marathon: “Bread and Circuses;” “Journey to Babel;” : “A Private Little War”: and the oh-so-campy “The Gamesters of Triskelion.” 41/79 of series. Read portions of the transcripts for “The Aenar” and “Affliction” for reference.
Kifo Island Chronicles: Complete rough revisions and submit scenes 5-10 of Sea Changes (Kifo Island Chronicles #1) to crit group. Scene 5/24 revision in progress, tracking changes; page 1/22. Primary goal.
- Blog/Website Transition: Set and keep regular weekly posting schedule (ROW/#STaD/ 3 other posts weekly?); add relevant content to pages. Aim for soft website reveal at end of month. Primary goal. Learned how to create auto-populating summary page for my current challenge, and how to use video embed codes. 1 additional post for #8sunday.
- ROW80: Keep updates and sponsor duties up-to-date; check Facebook page every Thursday and Monday. Secondary goal.
- Maintain a rational rhythm for visiting other hop participants. Tertiary goal. Got to all ROWers; WIPpets, and three #StaD posts. Adequate, but room for improvement.
- Maintain email Inbox below 99 messages; answer blog comments at least three times weekly; Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and fanfiction.net comments twice weekly. Side goal. Did well for a couple of days; a bit taken away since. Comments: 2/3. Instagram once.
Homeschool Administration: Complete and submit fourth quarter reports; narrative review; and test scores to district by September 15. Deal with correspondence as needed. Primary goal. Began another pass of business letter.
- Beautification: Do the 27 Thing Fling in study, family room, and porch at least thrice a week each room, and in other areas, indoors and out, at least ten times weekly (can include laundry and dishes.) Secondary goal. 1/3 study; 2/3 family room. 9/10 random sessions completed: laundry, dishes, and clutter.
My beloveds: One on one time with each, doing something of value to us both, each week. Primary goal. Conversation with each. Canoodling;movie; Schuyler House/Hamilton; birthday dinner and shopping.
Continue planning/ attending outings (personal and family) as desired. Secondary goal. General Schuyler House and birthday dinner.
Write in Abundance and #onegoodcup journals, and meditate for at least eight minutes five times each week. Primary goal. Journals: 4/5; Meditation: 2/5 (a four and six minute session.)
Get a cumulative total of at least 60 minutes moderate physical activity 5 days weekly, 75 minutes thrice weekly. Secondary goal. 1/3 (75 minutes (2/3): 4/5 (60 minutes.)
Finish reading/reveling in Hamilton: The Revolution (Lin-Manuel Miranda and Jeffrey McCarter). Return to its rightful owner….*sniff*. Side goal. Through the chapter that includes “The Schuyler Sisters” lyrics.
Leaps of Faith:
Continue helping my Accomplice in his job search. Primary goal. Sent pdfs of his resume/cover letter to his email.
Select and read one craft book: Writing Active Setting, Book 2. Tertiary goal. Just started, and at 55%. This might be fast!