Lately, I’ve been starting out with a bit of what I’m writing:
She sighed softly, her ear coming to his chest like it was magnetized, her hot breath tickling the hairs on his chest. “Better,” she said in her sleepy voice. She rested there, listening to his heart. Hers thrummed away against his belly. When had it started feeling natural there?
From the itty bit of The Far Shore (Kifo Island Chronicles #1) I added this session:
By now, she certainly knew. She and her dreams were on the other side of the door, shattered.
In other news, this is my penultimate August update. On Wednesday, I’ll know just how much I could accomplish in this busy administrative month. I’ll also be working out my September goals – likely a continuation of those I don’t finish this month, with some of the ones I set aside added in.
You’ll get to see those on Sunday. My Round Three and 2016 goals updates will happen in the following week or two. Since it’s also the entry to the final third of the year, I’ll be doing some re-evaluating of my longer-term goals before we gear up for Round Four, which will also bring some changes to the ROW80 community.
But all that’s in the future. Right now, it’s time for a ROW80 Update!
- Kifo Island Chronicles: Complete draft of The Far Shore. Scene 8/24 in progress; 20,626 /`65,000 words. 174 new words! Yes, new words!
- The IDIC Romance: Finish the Word-High July stories for “Mutually Acceptable”. 29/31 complete. 1.454 new words, and finally done with story 29, and moving into 30 (it’s a little nebulous where one ends and the next begins.)
The IDIC Romance: Reread existing stories at fanfiction.net; create rough sketches for 30 new September stories/chapters/scenes. Copied prompts onto master list; 31/30 complete. Selected 5 focal stories for the month. Additional goal: Read unpublished portions of “Love and Loss”, “A Backdrop of Stars”, and all of “Mutually Acceptable Emotional Language”, Found and read all additional ABOS and LAL sections; Adapted goal: Sketch stories for IDIC./Hamilton September stories. 15/30 story topics assigned. Prelim research for Lise’s Hamilton “Philodosia” shipfic; ideas popping!
The Star Trek Chronology Project: View 13/26 Season 2 of Star Trek: The Original Series; Episodes/clips of Enterprise as needed for story creation/revision. 31/79 TOS episodes viewed; 7/13 for goal. “The Doomsday Machine” and “Wolf in the Fold.”
Kifo Island Chronicles: Rough revise and submit a scene from Sea Changes (Kifo Island Chronicles #1) to crit group weekly. Scene 4/24 revised and submitted to ctitique group; Silent and recorded readthrough of Scene 5/24 complete.
- Blog/Website Transition: Adapt and keep to regular posting schedule. Answer comments, and return visits at least twice weekly. Share all new posts to website; learn how to use galleries. Add relevant content to pages. Aim for soft reveal at end of September. Comments; 2/2 in progress. Resumed Weekend Writing Warriors with a redux post.
- ROW80: Keep sponsor duties up-to-date. Posted update; visited everyone.
- Develop a rough, rational rhythm for visiting blogs and hop participants. Getting there ASAP seems to be much better for me than waiting, because there are always Other Things to do and….oh, SHINY! It took a few days to get to WIPpet posts, due to internet usage, but did this Saturday.
- Maintain email Inbox below 123 messages. Under 40, after a day of no internet.
Homeschool Administration: Complete all overdue and pending paperwork, testing, etc, and submit overdue materials. Draft, revise, and submit 2016-2017 IHIPs by August 5. Overdue third quarter reports submitted two days before revised deadline. With that, all overdue paperwork is done! WAHOO! Jeremiah’s test results received; file downloaded. Other than fourth quarter reports (still pending, and due on September 15), I’m done with end of year materials.
Continue planning/ attending outings (personal and family) as desired. Planning to go back to Minecraft club next Tuesday, and my write-in later today.
Write in Abundance and #onegoodcup journals, and meditate for at least five minutes five times each week. Journals: 5/5; Meditation: 2/5 (plus a 2 minute session.)
Get a cumulative total of at least 45 minutes moderate physical activity 5 days weekly, 60 minutes thrice weekly, and more strenuous activities for at least an hour five times monthly. 5/5 moderate (45 minutes);2/3 moderate (60 minutes); 1/5 strenuous.
Leaps of Faith:
Update my Accomplice’s cover letter and resume. Help him in his online job search. Learned how to export pdf files.