So, I did lots of other-than-writing stuff these last few days. I’ve also evaluated my goals, and shifted a few to back-burner status. Those are included in this post.
And now, on with it!
- The IDIC Romance: Finish the Word-High July stories for “Mutually Acceptable.” 29/31 in progress.Just a few; was busy with Other Things, in the interest of clearing the decks of necessary administrative details, so I can write out the month. Favorite lines:
Hoshi smiled at the way he looked at her as though she’d suddenly grown a second head. She shrugged as her fingers trailed through the light forest of hair on his chest.
“I like the way it sounds.”
“Monday Morning Coffee Sequel”: Reread “MMC”, Plan this short story/novella, using The Writer’s Coloring Book. Complete basic character mapping and associated story planning through story world mandalas for both major characters. Moving to the back-burner.
- “Dark and Bitter”: Check guidelines; Plan this short story/novella, using The Writer’s Coloring Book and raw source material from my pre-existing nascent story, “The Venom Club.”Complete basic character mapping and associated story planning through story world mandalas for both major characters. Same status as “MMCS” above. You know the drill; back-burner time for this one, too – although I’ll be simmering a cool idea for it.
Kifo Island Chronicles: Rough revise and submit a scene from Sea Changes (Kifo Island Chronicles #1) to crit group weekly. (I need to submit 22 scenes, total, which carried me exactly to the end of the year, although I don’t expect my crit partners to get to them all that quickly! Hard copy notations complete through Scene 4/ page 60.
“Peach Liqueur Love:” Complete Steps 2 and 3 of Sarah Selecky’s Deep Revision process.
Simmering an idea on the back burner.
The IDIC Romance: Revise “First Contact, With Jazz”, using The Writer’s Coloring Book and submit to patiently waiting betas. I don’t see this happening till next month; but I could be wrong.
- Blog/Website Transition: Adapt and keep to regular posting schedule. Answer comments, and return visits at least twice weekly. Share all new posts to website; learn how to use galleries. Add relevant content to pages. Aim for soft reveal at end of September. Comments; 1/2. I’ve been focused on the two blogs this session; I want to explore them while I ponder the topic of pages. Setting scheduling goals aside for this month.
- ROW80: Keep sponsor duties up-to-date. Posted update, made sponsor visits; added a few to offset my recent absence.
- Develop a rough, rational rhythm for visiting blogs and hop participants. Visiting as many as I can, as soon as possible, then catching more as I make return visits from my own posts, seems to be working. I’m blogging less right now; not sure if this method is sustainable once more hops are added.
- Maintain email Inbox below 123 messages. 20ish. Keeping up.
Homeschool Administration: Complete all overdue and pending paperwork, testing, etc, and submit overdue materials. Draft, revise, and submit 2016-2017 IHIPs by August 5. Second quarter reports sent. Jeremiah’s test completed and mailed Tuesday.
- Yard Beautification: Maintain in an increasingly presentable manner; declutter outgrown kid-things and random life debris. Aim for three times a week. 2/3; between rainstorms.
My beloveds: One on one time with each, doing something of value to us both, each week. Minecraft and art; breakfast, walking and Pokemon hunting; Olmpics, resume, cuddliing, and conversation.
Continue planning/ attending outings (personal and family) as desired. Spontaneous breakfast run/Pokemon hunting with my boy. Mailing run that got complicated, but included Hamilton.
NNWM local group: Interact regularly, in person and online; participate actively in critique group, reviewing, and beta reading. I skipped the weekly write-in in favor of staying home and making revision notes in the company of my family. I was exhausted, and needed home-energy.
Stained by Ashes: finish beta reading; 3 chapters per week until done. (Currently: 24/27 chapters complete; page 232/253.) Yes, you read that right. I finished the chapters I owed from last week, plus three more! This book is already good!
Write in Abundance and #onegoodcup journals, and meditate for at least five minutes five times each week. Journals: 2/5; Meditation: 3/5 (up to 10 minutes; with a 2 minute night session – twice!)
Get a cumulative total of at least 45 minutes moderate physical activity 5 days weekly, 60 minutes thrice weekly, and more strenuous activities for at least an hour five times monthly. 3/5 moderate (45 minutes); 2/3 moderate (60 minutes); 1/5 strenuous (walking in very hot humid weather.) I think I’ve found a rhythm that may help make this routine.
Leaps of Faith:
Complete resets/reorganizations in study and family room. A little more in both.
Update my Accomplice’s cover letter and resume. Help him in his online job search. Should have resume done and posted by bedtime today.
New Goal: Submit a second ROW80 inspirational post by August 20, to give Kait a hand. I began a rough draft, then set it aside to deal with other admin details. Once the resume is posted, it’s top priority.
The Writing Challenge That Knows You Have a Life!