I update periodically throughout the year, but at least at the end of each quarter. I’ll adapt, change, add, or delete as my life and progress indicate.
This post covers progress only through July 31, 2016; further progress will be contained in future updates.
My ROW80 Round and Monthly goals are derived from these goals.
- Write at least 1 story and submit at least 1 story each month in 2016. Fan fiction and self-publishing are acceptable. I’ve got enough for the whole year, already, but will keep going!
- Kifo Island Chronicles: Write 3 new novels in this series as April, June and July NaNo projects. Write 31 new flash stories for #STaD May; these can be the basis of these or future Kifo stories. A Rising Tide (1/3) completed during JuNoWriMo. The Far Shore (2/3) in drafting; complete through Scene 7/24; 20,452/65,000 words.
- The IDIC Romance: Write 26 stories for April’s A-Z Challenge; and 30 for #StaD September, using existing threads and ideas with the daily and guest prompts.
- Trueborn Warp/Weft Series:Foul Deeds Will Rise: Trueborn Weft Series #2: Complete draft. Draft Weft #3 (Blood and Breath?); as November NaNoWriMo project. FDWR Scene 40/50 in progress.
- OctPoWriMo: Write 31 new poems in October.
Plan and Plot “Peach Liqueur Love” prequel story for Chicago Tribune Writing Contest.
The IDIC Romance: Plot 25 April and 30 September stories.
Kifo Island Chonicles: Plan and plot 3 novels and 31 flash fiction stories. Create timeline and ‘series bible’. Plotting completed for 2/3; 3/3 early planning complete. Early exploration of Aeon Timeline; series bible (raw materials and nascent format) beginning with Volume Four planning.
Trueborn Warp/Weft Series: Plan/plot Weft #3 (Blood and Breath?) for November. Create rough timelime, focusing on points where the series’ events intersect. See Aeon timeline, above.
Plan/plot other projects as needed to meet writing and submission goals. In very early planning stages for one or more fan fiction sequels to “First Contact, With Jazz”. Other stories/projects planned/plotted (mostly fanfiction/blogging.)
Submit to crit group weekly; critique and beta others’ work to gain insight into my own. Nothing new.
Revise “Peach Liqueur Love” and its prequel story.
The IDIC Romance: Revise “Slow Jazz Awakening” and five other stories. “SJA”, “Mission Accomplished”, and “Scavenger Hunt”. Many/6 complete and posted at ff.net.
Kifo Island Chronicles: Create revision plan for Sea Changes; print and readthrough for Transitions; print Generations. Dropping this; I’ll be working on the revision plan for SC no earlier than December, and likely not till January. Other novels will happen after that one is underway.
Poetry: Find information about revising poetry. Experiment with revisions of existing Trek poems. Found one source for poetry revision.
- Chameleon’s Dish (Trueborn Weft : Complete first pass revision; reread and create plan for revision pass 1.5 (cohesion, consistency, etc.) Setting this aside until at least 2017; it’s a much longer epic fantasy series, so I’ll leapfrog my way there with smaller projects.
- Blog Maintenance: Adapt and keep to regular posting schedule; answer comments, and return visits at least twice weekly. Clear backlog of comments and spam folder. I’m now transitioning to the website, there will be adaptations to this goal for Round Four.
- ROW80: Sponsor duties up-to-date throughout the year, including four sponsor posts. Round Three complete.
- Make regular visits to others participating in hops and challenges I’ve joined. This could be better – and that’s still true. I’m working on it.
- Connect on social media in a natural way that feeds creativity and my passion for sharing thought and experience.
Redesign blog, with a focus on bringing in the various facets of my life in a more cohesive manner. Incorporate the best of The Unfettered Life and shanjeniah’s Trueborn Jottings, and let those blogs go. This will change as website evolves. I have some ideas brewing; they won’t happen for a bit yet.
Homeschool Administration: Complete all pending paperwork, testing, etc. Create Flickr portfolios, by year, or roughly so, for both children. All steps in various stages of progress. There’s a new school superintendent;she already seems far more agreeable to work with. First quarter reports and current IHIPs submitted; Lise’s EOY assessment is complete and ready for copying and mailing. Test here; doing that this weekend. Second and third quarter reports progressing; will be done by the end of the month (I set a schedule with the superintendent, so I will be honoring it.)
- Complete resets/reorganizations: study, family room, porch/playroom, and kitchen. All moving along, very, very slowly.
- Personal Administration: Clean, organize, and back up all laptop files; sort email folders; delete excess. Progress; not regular or particularly well organized, but still progress.
- Yard Beautification: Plant edibles and cutting flowers in season; maintain in a presentable manner; declutter outgrown kid-things and random life debris. Lots of weeding. No new plantings this year. The maintaining has fallen off as the weather and a brand-new, non-functioning lawn mover combine to make the perfect yard storm.
- Photo digitalization: Scan box of travel photos; save in organized files with backup. Nothing new.
Go through all online subscriptions; cancel those we no longer need; at least one each week until done. Deleting the time frame helped; Audible and Big Fish deleted.
My beloveds: One on one time with each, doing something of value to us both, each week. This remains a fundamental and easy goal to maintain.
Continue planning/ attending outings (personal and family) as desired. Yes to both.
NNWM local group: Interact regularly, in person and online; participate actively in critique group and beta reading. Beta reading and critique group on hold during this month; back to group for August; holding pattern for beta project.
- Paying it Forward: Offer beta reading, reviews, and promotional posts for other writers. Beta project in progress; four reviews waiting for when I finish that.
- Reconnect with friends I haven’t seen in longer than I like. Here and there.
- Smart Change: Work through at least one habit change using these methods. Nothing new.
Intuitive Eating:Finish reading and begin implementing. Nothing new.
Write in Abundance, Intentions, and #onegoodcup journals seven times each week. Gradually increase meditation to ten minutes, twice daily. Explore one new meditative practice each month. New practices 5/12 months; fell off during the creative surge.
T’ai chi: Develop a sustainable independent practice; learn the 24 form so I can do it on my own. No new progress.
Get a cumulative total of at least 90 minutes moderate physical activity 6 days weekly, and more strenuous activities building to thrice weekly by year’s end. I’m doing moderately active hometending sprints and various more strenuous activites several times a month, up to 45 minutes at least a couple of days each week.Gradual forward, and sometimes sideways, progress.
Write twice-monthly health-centered blog posts. 5/24 for the year. Nothing new. May drop this, or adapt.
Leaps of Faith:
Write and submit one story each month (not necessarily the same story). I’ve attained this with fan fiction. Will be ramping back up in the fall, nothing new submitted for July, but lots written for Word-High July.
Submit fan fiction.Nothing new submitted for July, but more raw material gathered.
Self-publish “A Splash of Red”; experimental project. “ASOR” a bit stalled last month, as blogging fell off. More ideas for covers simmering.
Poetry Chapbooks: Do rough setup for Trek poetry chapbook. This is experimental. Found a rogue poem and filed; that’s it.