Hi there, ROWers and others!
So, what have you been up to these last few days?
Here’s my list:
Learning my Website
Helping my Accomplice With His Resume
Blog Visits and Comments
I’ve shifted back to a more wide-angle approach, but it wasn’t exactly intentional. I needed a bit of a breather after finishing two large items in my goals list, and decided to putter…which led me to pick a few of the things that on my list had been neglected.
One of those things was my baby website, which I set aside for the grand creative surge. I’ve got a lot to learn before using it even starts to feel natural – but I have a lot less to learn than I did on Monday morning. Not quite up to speed with sharing the blogposts yet, but I’m getting closer, tweaking things, and learning, learning, learning….
Have you learned anything extra cool or useful lately?
I include only goals I’ve engaged with this session. For my comprehensive August goals, Round Three goals, and overarching 2016 goals, click the links below.
- The IDIC Romance: Finish the Word-High July stories for “Mutually Acceptable”. 29/31 in progress. A pivotal epiphany is about to occur.
“Dark and Bitter”: Check guidelines; Plan this short story/novella, using The Writer’s Coloring Book and raw source material from my pre-existing nascent story, “The Venom Club.”Complete basic character mapping and associated story planning through story world mandalas for both major characters. Same status as “MMCS” above. I have a nascent idea on how to combine two ideas for this, but I’m not ready to share ANYTHING yet!
Kifo Island Chronicles: Rough revise and submit a scene from Sea Changes (Kifo Island Chronicles #1) to crit group weekly. (I need to submit 22 scenes, total, which carried me exactly to the end of the year, although I don’t expect my crit partners to get to them all that quickly! Scene 3/24 rough-revised and submitted; silent read-through of Scene 4/24.
- Blog/Website Transition: Adapt and keep to regular posting schedule. Answer comments and return visits at least twice weekly. Share all new posts to website; learn how to use galleries. Add relevant content to pages. Aim for soft reveal at end of September. Played with the market interface, and discussed some preliminary topics with my Accomplice (the chef with hot sauce to sell.) Began setting up a new and improved cover page; changed header; shared excerpt from July 31 ROW80 update. Learning a lot! Answered comments (but still have plenty backed up): 1/2.
- ROW80: Keep sponsor duties up-to-date. Posted update, made sponsor visits; added a few to offset my recent absence.
- Develop a rough, rational rhythm for visiting blogs and hop participants. I hit on something that might work; I’ll be testing it over the next couple of weeks.
- Maintain email Inbox below 123 messages. 111.
- Answer fanfiction.net comments twice weekly. 1/2; one PM and two reviews. And inspiration to up fan fiction goals a bit next month.
Homeschool Administration: Complete all overdue and pending paperwork, testing, etc, and submit overdue materials. Draft, revise, and submit 2016-2017 IHIPs by August 5. Adapted goal: Complete, add cover letter, and submit by the end of the weekend, so they’ll be there for beginning of business on Monday. And already received a cordial response. =) Preliminary testing scheduling discussed with the boy. Began his second quarter report: section 4/14 in progress.
- Yard Beautification: Maintain in an increasingly presentable manner; declutter outgrown kid-things and random life debris. Aim for thrice a week. Weeding, and moving branches trimmed by my Accomplice last week.
My beloveds: One on one time with each, doing something of value to us both, each week. Olympics; dawn walking; canoodling; chatting.
Continue planning/ attending outings (personal and family) as desired. Write-in for me.
NNWM local group: Interact regularly, in person and online; participate actively in critique group, reviewing, and beta reading. Owed critique 3/3 finally complete; submitted my piece.
Complete 3 Amazon/1 Goodreads reviews. Got a great review template from a friend; plan to test it out soon!
Stained by Ashes: finish beta reading; 3 chapters per week until done. (Currently: Chapter 17/27 in progress; page 7/12.)
Write in Abundance and #onegoodcup journals, and meditate for at least five minutes five times each week. 2/5 for both; up to 6 minutes for meditation.
Get a cumulative total of at least 45 minutes moderate physical activity 5 days weekly, 60 minutes thrice weekly, and more strenuous activities for at least an hour five times monthly. 1/5 moderate (45 minutes). 1/3 moderate (60 minutes). Hometending; walking.
Leaps of Faith:
Complete resets/reorganizations in study and family room. Both are well underway; hot summer days make these good projects for this round. A bit more in the family room; a tiny bit in my study.
Update my Accomplice’s cover letter and resume. Help him in his online job search. Offered suggestions, revision, and rewriting of resume. Should have it done by bedtime Wednesday; then starting on the cover letter.
New Goal: Submit a second ROW80 inspirational post by August 20, to give Kait a hand. I have the idea, and have let it simmer. Plan to write a rough draft by Thursday night, which will leave me about a week to refine and find the post in there. =D