Hey there, ROWers and others!
Have you ever noticed that being away can shift your perspective?
It was only a four day trip, but a great deal changed in my way of seeing things….regarding my kids, and my writing. Which is a bit ironic, because I did no writing, other than journaling. I brought my computer and several projects to work on, but I might as well have left them home, because the weekend took me in different directions – and I don’t regret that at all.
Now, well into the third day since we returned home, the majority of the settling-in is behind us, and I’m renewing my quest to reach my 55,555 word CampNaNoWriMo. The fan fiction seems to have hold of me at the moment; that’s often my conduit for creativity. I’m reaching for a 10K day today, which is part of why I’m prepping this post in bits and pieces, and later in the day than I usually do.
I seem to need that, after a trip – a few days to reset, then to delve deeply in one or two things, adding others in more gradually. I’m thinking my main focus is going to be on my CampNaNo quest until I get there. I’ll be adding in Other Things as energy and life seem to be leading me.
With that said, here’s my very minimal update.
Do you find yourself befuddled after time away from your writing?
How do you deal with it?
This post includes the July goals I interacted with during this session. It’s a streamlined overview of where my energy, time, and focus were. For full versions of my July, Round Three, and 2016 goals, check the links below!
CampNaNoWriMo #2: The IDIC Romance: Finish “Marriage of the Magi” (to the “Big Reveal”). Word-High July Challenge: Write 31 flash fiction stories using Filipino word prompts and my “The Definition of Emotion” theme (about 333 words each). Story 24/31 in progress; it kind of took over my life! Now at nearly 5k, and another 2K maybe till I get to the end of this delicious monster!
Interact on Twitter at least once a day, four times each week. If you want to chat with me there; I’m @ShanJeniah. 1/4.
ROW80: Revise, polish, and submit Round 3 Sponsor Post. Keep visits and updates current. Np update or visits for Sunday; hope to catch those up later today or tomorrow, along with today’s. Sorry – camping and recovery from camping took over.
Maintain email at below 123 messages; making good use of folders. It’s now down below 450 messages; I lost track while away, but am whittling away at the accumulated mass.
FanFiction.net: Answer story comments weekly, as needed. Read a comment, and the story it refers to; haven’t answered it yet. Likely today.
- Homeschool Administration: Complete all pending paperwork (quarterlies; attendance; EOY documentation prep.) End of Year test: reviewing materials and procedures ongoing. Miah engaged in test prep: reviewing Khan Academy mathematics videos. Narrative assessment complete and ready to send. School district still behind on last year’s IHIP (determination was due 5/25; I’ll notify new superintendent because she may not know) =)
- Continue decluttering/beautification projects; in home and/or yard, four days weekly. Continue making improvements to our home and our quality of life; remind/support the kids in the pitching-in they’ve agreed to do on my Accomplice’s days off. 3/4: camp stuff, and resetting from camping, mostly.
Continue planning/ attending outings (personal and family) as desired. Unschoolers Rock the Campground; trip to GameStop with my boy; write-in for me.
- NNWM local group: Participate in CampNaNo write-ins Tuesdays and Sundays. Attended final Tuesday July CampNaNo write-in at local coffee shop. Skipped Sunday; I had just broken camp and driven four hours. Mental acuity gone.
- My beloveds: One on one time with each, doing something of value to us both, each week. Canoodling; camping; swimming; shopping; chatting; watching; Hamiltoning (is SO a word!)
Write in Abundance and #onegoodcup journals/and meditate five times each week. 3/5 journals; 1/5 meditation.
Strenuous movement: At least an hour five times this month. Swimming,tai chi, yardtending, etc.
- Moderate activity: At least 45 minutes, 5 times a week. Use my timer. 3/5. Hometending; resetting from camp; shopping with the Boyo.