Welcome to ROW80 Round Three!
And, with the new round, comes a new set of goals.
Since the year is halfway over now, I went to my 2016 goals, and derived these directly from them. My goal is to move through as many of them as I can manage, while still maintaining what passes for sanity in the lovely chaos of my mind…
In the process, I’ll be exploring and clarifying my purpose. In parenting, in writing, in my life as a whole. Bits of that exploration may or may not be included in these posts, or on my blog – but they will, eventually, become a part of who I am and all that I do, even though this overarching goal doesn’t appear in my goals list.
I’ll come back around the end of July and August, as well as at the end of the round, to update these goals. For my twice-weekly updates, I will be working from a monthly list, to allow me greater flexibility in attaining these wider-range goals.
Do you have a purpose that runs through your goals?
Would you like to share it?
Well, that little box below is your chance!
- Kifo Island Chronicles: Complete draft of The Far Shore, and draft Tsunamis. The Far Shore (1 /2) currently in drafting; Scene 8/24 in early progress; 19,093 /`65,000 words (right on target; count-wise).
- The IDIC Romance: Begin 30 stories/chapters/scenes for #StaD September (or independently if there is no #StaD, because that’s not a certainty), using existing threads and ideas with the daily and guest prompts. Draft one story each day, until end of round late in the month.
- Trueborn Warp/Weft Series: Foul Deeds Will Rise: Trueborn Weft Series #2: Complete draft. FDWR Scene 40/50 in progress. This has been limping along since last July, because I plotted with The Snowflake Method, and didn’t connect intuitively with it. I want to finish it, so that I can move on to the next volume in this series in November (it will definitely be plotted differently!)
- “Monday Morning Coffee Sequel”: Draft a short story or novella, 5,000-25,000 word range. I know that’s a wide range, but what I have at the moment are nebulous ideas. This goal will be adapted once I’ve gotten further into the round.
The IDIC Romance: Reread existing stories at fanfiction.net; create rough sketches for 30 new September stories/chapters/scenes. The objective here is to add to what I’ve already created, because I love sharing these stories!
The Star Trek Chronology Project: View Season 2 of Star Trek: The Original Series; episodes/clips of Enterprise as needed for story creation/revision. 26/79 TOS episodes viewed. And, hooray! My favorite season! AND Trip and T’Pol? Who’s this goal for? It’s for ME (But you’re more than welcome to enjoy the results!!!)
Kifo Island Chonicles: Plan and plot Tsunamis, using The Writer’s Coloring Book. I’ve done the basic character mapping, but there’s still a way to go before I have developed Master Scene Profiles for all 24 scenes in the first draft.
Trueborn Warp/Weft Series: Decide on November project. Complete character mapping and basic story elements. I think using TWCB has led to much more fully realized characters, so I’m going to test it out on my longest project line, and see what develops.
“Monday Morning Coffee Sequel”: Plan/plot this short story/novella, using The Writer’s Coloring Book. I have only vague ideas of what I want to do; I need more to go on. And this is a chance to use TWCB on a shorter project, too.
Kifo Island Chronicles: Beginning in August, rough revise and submit a scene from Sea Changes (Kifo Island Chronicles #1) to crit group weekly. (I need to submit 22 scenes, total, which carried me exactly to the end of the year, although I don’t expect my crit partners to get to them all that quickly! It will be best if I have at least the first couple of scenes ready to go when August gets here. Hard copy notations complete through Scene 3/ page 40.
Revise “Peach Liqueur Love” using Sarah Selecky’s Deep Revision process. This goal has been hanging out ignored for too long. Time to move it or lose it.
The IDIC Romance: Revise “First Contact, With Jazz”, using The Writer’s Coloring Book and submit to patiently waiting betas. I’ve begun compiling and organizing the comments from my crit group for 4/16 scenes.
- Blog/Website Transition: Adapt and keep to regular posting schedule. Answer comments, and return visits at least twice weekly. Share all new posts to website beginning in August; learn how to use galleries and gain skill at posting to pages and adding relevant content. Aim for soft reveal at end of August. There’s an incredible amount to learn; taking it in small servings.
- ROW80: Sponsor duties up-to-date throughout the year, including four sponsor posts. Round Three just needs finishing touches.
- Develop a rational rhythm for visiting blogs and hop participants. I have good intentions, but I fail to follow through more often than I like.
Homeschool Administration: Complete all pending paperwork, testing, etc. Create Flickr portfolios, by year, or roughly so, for both children. There’s a dizzying amount to do, so in I dive, headlong.
- Personal Administration: Clean, organize, and back up all OneDrive files; delete excess. Progress on both this year; hot summer days seem like a good time to wrap these up.
- Yard Beautification: Maintain in an increasingly presentable manner; declutter outgrown kid-things and random life debris. This is weather-dependent. Aim for three times a week, excepting camping week.1/3.
Cancel five digital subscriptions we no longer need. Really…we keep meeting. And passing one another by…
My beloveds: One on one time with each, doing something of value to us both, each week. This is very important, especially as the kids are growing up, and our family dynamic is, well, dynamic!
Continue planning/ attending outings (personal and family) as desired.
NNWM local group: Interact regularly, in person and online; participate actively in critique group and beta reading.
- Smart Change: Do prep work; choose a contribution to focus on. This means reviewing the first few chapters, gathering needed materials, and doing relevant exercises. May be a Pacemaker goal.
Write in Abundance and #onegoodcup journals, and meditate for at least five minutes five times each weekly. Explore one new meditative practice each month.
Get a cumulative total of at least 60 minutes moderate physical activity 5 days weekly, and more strenuous activities five times weekly. I’m doing moderately active hometending sprints and various more strenuous activities several times a month, up to 45 minutes at least a couple of days each week.
Leaps of Faith:
The IDIC Romanee: Finish revisions for “Love and Loss” chapters 1-20 at ff.net. Scene 4/20 in progress.
“A Splash of Red”; combine notes and do pre-publication revision pass. Create at least three cover mockups before consulting my local cover designer. I want to get this published before the end of the year; time to give it higher priority.
Poetry Chapbooks: Do rough setup for Trek poetry chapbook. This is experimental noodling for something I want to complete in 2017.
Business cards: Play with creating three designs; investigate VistaPrint. I’d love to have something ready by the end of the month. Play this round; bring to fruition in the next. 1/3 played with; nothing settled.
Complete resets/reorganizations in study and family room. Both are well underway; hot summer days make these good projects for this round.