Hey there, ROWers and others!
For June, I’m adapting my updating process. I’m going to post only those with which I’ve interacted in some way. That leaves space at the top of the post to chat with you, share things I’ve learned, challenges and joys the last days have brought.
It also provides a more streamlined overview of where my energy, time, and focus are going.
There’s a link to the full goals list below.
Have you ever found music that felt like it reached into your soul, and set you to resonating with understanding deeper than nature? Discovered an artist who takes you there, again and again, without fail?
For me, that’s Paul Simon. In over 50 years of making music professionally (a few years longer than I’ve been alive), he’s never released a song I dislike. And, more, there are only a very few that I don’t love.
So, when I learned there would soon be a new album, I knew I was going to get it. Today, during some down time, I looked for it, and found it was available. Bought it right away…
And was transported. Song after song. In many ways. There were hints of past themes, and new expressions – and a new live version of one of my favorites, “Duncan.” My blog title today is also the title of a lovely track on the album.
I’m richer this evening by far more than the cost of the album. I’m fertile with nascent inspiration, some of which came out to play in my brand-new Instagram account.
How about you?
How is your life richer this week?
What inspired or transported you?
FanFiction.net: The IDIC Romance (Boldly Go stories): Continue adding to my Love and Loss and A Backdrop of Stars arcs. Completed a new chapter/story for ABOS, “Something Wasn’t Right” at 1,569 words;1,016 new (counting toward JuNo total of 7,214/ 50K).
JuNoWriMo: Plan/plot The Far Shore: 24 scenes, using The Writer’s Coloring Book. Finished Quincette’s Main Character Sheets; her paper doll nearly finished. Completed Theresa’s main character sheet, and had an epiphany!
FanFiction.net: Revise/organize Love and Loss and A Backdrop of Stars. Complete a revision pass “First Contact, With Jazz”, using crit group notes; submit for beta reading. ABOS: 2/2 posted chapters revised.
Answer blog comments and make visits, at least four times weekly. Sunday; Monday; Thursday; Saturday. 4/4.
Interact on Twitter at least once a day, three times each week. If you want to chat with me there; I’m @shanjeniah. 4/3; RT, follow, like, comment, and share. Hosted #JuNoWriMo sprints.
ROW80: Keep visits and updates current.
Maintain email at below 123 messages; making good use of folders.
FanFiction.net: Answer story comments at least twice weekly. 2/2.
- Continue decluttering/beautification projects; in home and/or yard, five days weekly. Continue making improvements to our home and our quality of life; remind/support the kids in the pitching-in they’ve agreed to do on my Accomplice’s days off. 6/5; helped Lise deep-clean the living room (her idea!), and reminded Jeremiah about laundry and recycling.
Continue planning/ attending outings (personal and family) as desired. Made vet appt. for kitten next week; swimming/ lunch with kids.
- NNWM local group: Attend write-ins regularly and check in on the Facebook group as inspired.
- My beloveds: One on one time with each, doing something of value to us both, each week. Canoodling; chatting; walking; cleaning; planning.
- Review: Starfane,by Lauralynn Elliott, and Dragon Time and Other Stories, by Ruth Nestvold. Used WordRunner to re-skim the book; will use that with all review skimming, because it’s super fast and gives me enough detail to remember the first, more leisurely, reading.
Write in Abundance, Intentions, and #onegoodcup journals seven times each week. Meditate ten times weekly. Progress weekly with FutureLearn Mindfulness class. 7/7 Journaling; 12/10 meditation.
Strenuous movement: At least an hour five times this month. Swimming, tai chi, yardtending, etc. 1/5; Swimming with the kids; swam 500 meters, then played Shark and Fish with the kids.
- Moderate activity: At least 45 minutes, 5 times a week. Use my timer. Hometending; yardtending, dancing, walking, etc. 4/5. Walking; weeding; home and yardtending.Not so great at using the timer yet. Something to work on.
Leaps of Faith:
Change beta-reading availability on ff.net to active; work any requests into rotation. No requests yet.
Website/blog interface: Begin linking feature posts to website; this month is for experimenting. Created a draft by trial and error, linking to my #SoCS post. It should be up in a day or so, when I fine-tune things. It’ll get easier from here on out.
Oregon bound Burtons: Clean one common and one personal shelf, drawer, bin, or flat surface each week. Nearly finished with bookshelves in family room and bedroom.