Hey there, ROWers and others!
OK, I’m still behind – and I’m not, at the same time.
How can that be?
Well, I spent a lot of the last two days gathering information and pulling things together for the homeschooling reports and in preparation for the New York State primaries. I’ve dozed for about an hour and a half in the last two days, watched some Enterprise, had some profound, stressful, needful, and silly conversations, and – well – not so much else happened.
But sometimes, proof’s the thing we need, and that takes precedence.
It’s after midnight, now. I’ll either finish that 99,999 word count for April, or I won’t. But I will have lived, and learned, and grown, and stretched closer to my goals…and isn’t that really the point?
Have you ever set most of your goals aside to focus on only one or two?
Have you faced the possibility of not meeting a goal that’s important to you?
How do you deal with that?
Foul Deeds Will Rise: Trueborn Weft Series #2: Finish this draft as part of Camp. Scene 40/50 in progress. Will begin once A Rising Tide is drafted.
The IDIC Romance: Complete plot/pinch points for 26 stories stories, as needed to complete writing goal above. I’m deciding on a case by case basis as I go. Through U, if I choose to use them; 21/26 complete.
Star Trek Enterprise: Watch episodes and clips needed to complete A-Z Challenge posts. #itswritingresearch – Watched “The Andorian Incident” and “The Seventh”, for research. “Bounty” for the sheer pleasure of it. Also referenced transcripts for accuracy/timeline.
Complete revisions for “Peach Liqueur Love”.
The IDIC Romance: Revisions as needed to complete writing goal above. Currently revised through P;16/26 complete.
Answer blog comments and make visits, at least every other day. I’ve dabbled, trying not to totally lose touch.
ROW80: Keep visits and updates current; draft, revise, and submit Round Two Sponsor Post. Fell a bit behind; will be caught up by Sunday.
Blogging From A-Z: Complete all Minioning duties in a timely manner. A little off pace again; will be caught up later today.
Maintain email at below 333 messages; making good use of folders. Still managing this one easily.
FanFiction.net: Answer story comments at least twice weekly. 0/2. None yet this week.
- Homeschool Administration: Complete all pending paperwork. Time to finish this; gathered email and resources.
- Continue decluttering/beautification projects; in home and/or yard, five days weekly. Continue making improvements to our home and our quality of life. General maintenance; organization; decluttering. 2/5. The basic stuff.
Go through all online subscriptions; cancel those we no longer need; at least one each week.
Continue planning/ attending outings (personal and family) as desired. Annalise has a birthday party/sleepover planned this weekend. I voted, and have a family party this weekend, as well.
- NNWM local group: Attend write-ins regularly, and check in on the Facebook group as inspired, submit “Peach Liqueur Love”, and critique as possible for our small crit group. Write in at Denny’s. Critiquing is on hold for the moment; I’ll resume by Sunday. Setting “PLL” aside for now.
- My beloveds: One on one time with each, doing something of value to us both, each week. Snuggles, conversations, canoodling, walking, Littlest Pet Shop play; movies and videos.
- Complete 1 pending book review. That would be the excellent Slave Again, by Alana Terry. One will break the ice.
Write in Abundance, Intentions, and #onegoodcup journals seven times each week. Meditate seven times weekly. Explore one new meditative practice. Journaling 2/7; meditation: 4/7. Began exploring new practice; Breathwalking. Missed Tuesday, since it was more or less just an extension of Monday, since I never went to bed.
Tai chi practice: One class and one at-home practice each week.
Swim twice, at least 500 meters (10 complete laps at Y pool).
- Focus on sprints of activity daily (hometending, dancing, tai chi, walking, whatever), and more strenuous activities I enjoy, like swimming and hiking, twice monthly. Hometending sprints; 1 /2 strenuous.
- Read: Smart Change and Gift From the Sea. Finished both; simmering and absorbing.
Leaps of Faith:
Fan fiction stuff: Offer 26 stories at fanfiction.net. 16/26 stories (or new chapters for stories; which I’m counting) submitted; getting mostly good, and mostly useful, feedback. =D
Initial beta reading of Stained by Ashes. Not sure I can get to this during April, which is why it’s here.
Play with website building. Brief exploration of Weebly’s site.
2016 Story A Day Prompts: Complete readthrough of book; mark typos; send back; draft review materials (Amazon and blog post); have all completed before April 23 (launch date). Thoroughfare complete. 100% marked for typos. Sent message regarding marked draft.
- New: Read both candidates’ websites prior to Tuesday’s New York primary. It took me most of a night and a day (my choices both have extensive websites). I’ve voted!
- New: Use standing desk one work session 3 days per week.
The Writing Challenge That Knows You Have a Life!