I update this goals list periodically throughout the year, but at least at the end of each quarter. I’ll adapt, change, add, or delete as my life and progress indicate.
My ROW80 Round and Monthly goals will be derived from these goals.
- Write and submit at least 1 story each month in 2016. Fan fiction and self-publishing are acceptable. January: Several fan fiction, and one fantasy, stories. Submitted 1/12 months; fell behind in February, but hope to make it up in March.
- Kifo Island Chronicles: Write 3 new novels in this series as April, June and July NaNo projects. Write 31 new flash stories for #STaD May; these can be the basis of these or future Kifo stories. Planning underway for 1/3, Shifting Tides.
- The IDIC Romance: Write 26 stories for April’s A-Z Challenge; and 30 for #StaD September, using existing threads and ideas with the daily and guest prompts, 1/26 A-Z stories drafted (M).
- Trueborn Warp/Weft Series:Foul Deeds Will Rise: Trueborn Weft Series #2: Complete draft. Draft Weft #3 (Blood and Breath?) ; as November NaNoWriMo project. FDWR Scene 34/50 in progress.
- Poets on the Page: Write 31 new poems in October.
Plan and Plot “Peach Liqueur Love” prequel story for Chicago Tribune Writing Contest.
The IDIC Romance: Plot 25 April and 30 September stories. 9/25 April plot/pinch complete (I).
Kifo Island Chonicles: Plan and plot 3 novels and 31 flash fiction stories. Create timeline and ‘series bible’. Plotting commenced on 1/3; early exploration of Aeon Timeline; series bible beginning with Volume Four planning.
Trueborn Warp/Weft Series:Plan/plot Weft #3 Blood and Breath?) for November. Create rough tinelime, focusing on points where the series’ events intersect. See Aeon timeline, above.
Plan/plot other projects as needed to meet writing and submission goals. In very early planning stages for one or more fan fiction sequels to “First Contact, With Jazz”.
Submit to crit group weekly; critique and beta others’ work to gain insight into my own. Not quite on a weekly schedule, but I have submitted and critiqued regularly.
Revise “Peach Liqueur Love” and its prequel story.
The IDIC Romance: Revise “Slow Jazz Awakening” and five other stories. “SJA” and “Mission Accomplished” in revision process. “Scavenger Hunt” on deck. 3/6 in progress.
Poetry: Find information about revising poetry. Experiment with revisions of existing Trek poems. Found one source for poetry revision.
- Chameleon’s Dish (Trueborn Weft) : Complete first pass revision; reread and create plan for revision pass 1.5 (cohesion, consistency, etc.).
- Blog Maintenance: Adapt and keep to regular posting schedule; answer comments, and return visits at least twice weekly. Clear backlog of comments and spam folder. Well….for the most part. Tentative schedule; not posted yet.
- ROW80: Sponsor duties up-to-date throughout the year, including four sponsor posts.
- Make regular visitis to others participating in hops and challenges I’ve joined. Some; not as many as I’d hoped.
- Connect on social media in a natural way that feeds creativity and my passion for sharing thought and experience. Much better!
Redesign blog, with a focus on bringing in the various facets of my life in a more cohesive manner. Incorporate the best of The Unfettered Life and shanjeniah’s Trueborn Jottings, and let those blogs go.
Homeschool Administration: Complete all pending paperwork, testing, etc. Create Flickr portfolios, by year, or roughly so, for both children. All steps in various stages of progress.
- Complete resets/reorganizations: study, family room, porch/playroom, and kitchen. All well underway.
- Personal Administration: Clean, organize, and back up all laptop files; sort email folders; delete excess. A little. Ideas for better organization simmering.
- Yard Beautification: Plant edibles and cutting flowers in season; maintain in a presentable manner; declutter outgrown kid-things and random life debris. Focus on improving salability and preparing for anticipated 2017 move to Oregon. Decluttering ongoing.
- Photo digitalization: Scan box of travel photos; save in organized files with backup.
Go through all online subscriptions; cancel those we no longer need; at least one each week until done. Gathered email files; none canceled yet.
My beloveds: One on one time with each, doing something of value to us both, each week.
Continue planning/ attending outings (personal and family) as desired.
NNWM local group: Interact regularly, in person and online; participate actively in critique group and beta reading.
- Paying it Forward: Offer beta reading, reviews, and promotional posts for other writers. One beta finished; another about to commence. One cover reveal.
- Reconnect with friends I haven’t seen in longer than I like. Made an effort with one friend; she didn’t follow through with scheduling info.
- Smart Change: Work through at least one habit change using these methods.
- Intuitive Eating: Finish reading and begin implementing.
Write in Abundance, Intentions, and #onegoodcup journals seven times each week. Gradually increase meditation to ten minutes, twice daily. including one eating meditation daily. Explore one new meditative practice each month. Coloring meditation: 11:11.New practices 2/12 months thus far.
T’ai chi: Develop a sustainable independent practice; learn the 24 form so I can do it on my own. I can do the first few moves well. I have info on finding a video of the 24 form.
Get a cumulative total of at least 90 minutes moderate physical activity 6 days weekly, and more strenuous activities building to thrice weekly by year’s end. I’m doing moderately active hometending sprints and various more strenuous activites several times a month.
Write twice-monthly health-centered blog posts. Two in February; 3/24 for the year.
Leaps of Faith:
Write and submit one story each month (no necessarily the same story). Writing 2/2. Submissions 1 /2.
Submit fan fiction. Moving closer….
Self-publish “A Splash of Red”; experimental project. “ASOR” is moving through my #8sunday postings, and has been through my crit group. Cover ideas simmering.
Poetry Chapbooks: Do rough setup for Trek poetry chapbook. This is experimental. One poem submitted to Triaxian Silk; not yet posted.