Ahh, Wednesday. Known to many as “Hump Day”, the middle of the working week. For us, it means my chef husband returns to work. It’s his last work week before his vacation time, so there is another ruffling of my typical flow upcoming. I’m OK with that. Unlike last year, when we traveled from upstate New York to Oregon’s Willamette Valley, this year, we’re staying close to home. We haven’t made any concrete plans for the time; we just intend to enjoy (and I’m hoping to have the opportunity to make significant progress on my goals, while also indulging in lots of family time).
But, today, I’m working in sprints, and getting ready to help a friend pick up her new car. So blog posts will happen in between life. Fortunately, I set things up, for the most part, last night, so there isn’t nearly as much to be done as there might be. What I don’t finish before we leave can be wrapped up once I’m home again.
And then I hope to be able to settle in for the next few days, as the weather gets colder, then subzero, for the first time in this interesting non-winter that suddenly seems to remember what season it is. It’s a perfect time for drafting, revising, planning, plotting, reading, dreaming, hometending, listening to Welcome to Night Vale, and all those other bits and pieces that have been awaiting their turn while other, bigger projects took precedence…
But, for now, I have an update to post.
Foul Deeds Will Rise: Trueborn Weft Series #2: Complete through Scene 38. Scene 34/50 in progress.
The IDIC Romance: Complete plot/pinch points for 25 stories. 2/25 complete (B).
Decide on, plan, and plot April CampNaNo novel. First step; I know I’ll be playing in my Kifo Island Chronicles series this spring.
The IDIC Romance: Reread “Slow Jazz Awakening” hard copy and notate; adapt revision plan as needed; write revised draft – 16 short scenes. Draft 2.5 rewrite of Scene 8/16 complete. Yup, halfway to the goal!
Revise, post, and initiate new blogging schedule; keep all posts current. Beginning Wednesday, all posts on time. Experimenting with new schedule prior to announcing it.
Keep up with all current blog comments and visits, at least twice weekly.. Goal change pending. Answered some on two occasions; still considering the nature of the goal change.
ROW80: Keep visits and updates current; draft, revise, and submit Round One Sponsor Post before January 10. Back on track here.
Change one thing weekly in my blog layout. Haven’t resumed yet; likely this week.
Maintain email at under 99 messages; clear Archives folder. Some progress on the inbox.
- Homeschool Administration: Complete all pending paperwork. Draft IHIPs and attend to district’s Peer Review issue;create 2015-2016 Flickr portfolios for both kids, and begin adding to them. Sciences section complete; Social Studies: Patriotism and Citizenship; U.S. History; and U.S. Government; and Economics.
- Continue decluttering/beautification projects; in home and/or yard, five days weekly. Continue making improvements to our home and our quality of life. General maintenance; organization; decluttering. 2/5.
Go through all online subscriptions; cancel those we no longer need; at least one each week.
Continue planning/ attending outings (personal and family) as desired. Write-in for me. Day out with Jeremiah. Tentative plans to visit NJ friends in April.
- NNWM local group: Attend write-ins regularly, and check in on the Facebook group as inspired. Read and critique both projects I’ve been hanging onto; submit and critique weekly for our small crit group, which is brand-new this year! Attended write-in; submitted next installment of “Slow Jazz”for this week‘s submission.
Complete Stained Snow beta read.
- My beloveds: One on one time with each, doing something of value to us both, each week. Yes. Converation, play, documentaries.
- Complete 6 pending book reviews.
Write in Abundance, Intentions, and #onegoodcup journals seven times each week. Meditate seven times weekly, including one eating meditation. Explore one new meditative practice. Journaling and meditation: 3/7. Bought a meditation coloring book; will explore soon.
Tai chi practice: One class and one at-home practice each week. Actually went back to class, and LOVED it!
- Focus on sprints of activity daily (hometending, dancing, tai chi, walking, whatever), and more strenuous activities I enjoy, like swimming and hiking twice monthly. Write twice-monthly health-centered blog posts. Good on the daily moving sprints: walks and hometending. Strenuous activity: 2/2 carrying firewood; tai chi. One health blogpost, which you can read here. 1 /2.
Leaps of Faith:
Fan fiction stuff: Polish “Mission: Accomplished”, and “Scavenger Hunt”, and offer at Triaxian Silk.
The Writing Challenge That Knows You Have a Life!