I update this goals list periodically throughout the year, but at least at the end of each quarter. I’ll adapt, change, add, or delete as my life and progress indicate.
- Write at least 1 story and submit at least 1 story each month in 2016. Fan fiction and self-publishing are acceptable. January: Several fan fiction, and one fantasy, stories. Submitted the fantasy. On track with this goal.
- Kifo Island Chronicles: Write 3 new novels in this series as April, June and July NaNo prokects. Write 31 new flash stories for #STaD May; these can be the basis of these or future Kifo stories.
- The IDIC Romance: Write 26 stories for April’s A-Z Challenge; and 30 for #StaD September, using existing threads and ideas with the daily and guest prompts, 1/26 A-Z stories drafted (M).
- Trueborn Warp/Weft Series:Foul Deeds Will Rise: Trueborn Weft Series #2: Complete draft. Draft Weft #3 (Blood and Breath?) ; as November NaNoWriMo project. FDWR Scene 34/50 in progress.
- Poets on the Page: Write 31 new poems in October.
Plan and Plot “Peach Liqueur Love” prequel story for Chicago Tribune Writing Contest. https://algren.submittable.com/submit The deadline is January 31 – complete planning by January 10; plotting by January 15. Complete and submitted.
The IDIC Romance: Plot 25 April and 30 September stories. 1/25 April plot/pinch complete (A).
Kifo Island Chonicles: Plan and plot 3 novels and 31 flash fiction stories. Create timeline and ‘series bible’.
Trueborn Warp/Weft Series:Plan/plot Weft #3 Blood and Breath?) for November. Create rough tinelime, focusing on points where the series’ events intersect,
Plan/plot other projects as needed to meet writing and submission goals.
Submit to crit group weekly; critique and beta others’ work to gain insight into my own. Until this week, when I’m running late due to my contest submission, I’ve submitted and critted every week. Expect this week’s post to be up today. On target.
Revise “Peach Liqueur Love” and its prequel story. The prequel is revised, polished, and submitted. On target.
The IDIC Romance: Revise “Slow Jazz Awakening” and five other stories. “SJA” in revision planning. “Mission Accomplished” and “Scavenger Hunt” have been through the critique process. On target; 3/6 in progress.
Kifo Island Chronicles: Complete revisions for Sea Changes; first pass for Transitions; and revision plan for Generations. Currently sharing SC scene one as a WIPpet for initial feedback. On target.
Poetry: Find information about revising poetry. Experiment with revisions of existing Trek poems.
- Chameleon’s Dish (Trueborn Weft : Complete first pass revision; reread and create plan for revision pass 1.5 (cohesion, consistency, etc.).
- Blog Maintenance: Adapt and keep to regular posting schedule; answer comments, and return visits at least twice weekly. Clear backlog of comments and spam folder. First steps to new schedule underway. Fell off toward end of month, when deadline loomed large.
- ROW80: Sponsor duties up-to-date throughout the year, including four sponsor posts. Round One Sponsor post in progress; visits fell off due to deadline.
- Make regular visitis to others participating in hops and challenges I’ve joined. Some; not as many as I’d hoped.
- Connect on social media in a natural way that feeds creativity and my passion for sharing thought and experience. Getting the hang of this….
Redesign blog, with a focus on bringing in the various facets of my life in a more cohesive manner. Incorporate the best of The Unfettered Life and shanjeniah’s Trueborn Jottings, and let those blogs go. Changed a few design elements. On track.
Homeschool Administration: Complete all pending paperwork, testing, etc. Create Flickr portfolios, by year, or roughly so, for both children. All steps in various stages of progress. On target.
- Complete resets/reorganizations: study, family room, porch/playroom, and kitchen. All started; none finished. On target.
- Personal Administration: Clean, organize, and back up all laptop files; sort email folders; delete excess. A little. Ideas for better organization simmering. On target.
- Yard Beautification: Plant edibles and cutting flowers in season; maintain in a presentable manner; declutter outgrown kid-things and random life debris. Focus on improving salability and preparing for anticipated 2017 move to Oregon. Decluttering ongoing. On target.
- Photo digitalization: Scan box of travel photos; save in organized files with backup. This fizzled post-Oregon last year.
Go through all online subscriptions; cancel those we no longer need; at least one each week until done.
My beloveds: One on one time with each, doing something of value to us both, each week. This has become habit, but it’s a good habit to keep, so here it is again! On target.
Continue planning/ attending outings (personal and family) as desired. On target.
NNWM local group: Interact regularly, in person and online; participate actively in critique group and beta reading. Off to a good start! On target.
- Paying it Forward: Offer beta reading, reviews, and promotional posts for other writers. This is important, and worthy of more focus. Finally moving through a beta I accepted last January. Crits each week. On target.
- Reconnect with friends I haven’t seen in longer than I like.
- Smart Change: Work through at least one habit change using these methods.
- Intuitive Eating: Finish reading and begin implementing.
Write in Abundance, Intentions, and #onegoodcup journals seven times each week. Gradually increase meditation to ten minutes, twice daily. including one eating meditation daily. Explore one new meditative practice each month. Fell off at end of month, due to deadline.
T’ai chi: Develop a sustainable independent practice; learn the 24 form so I can do it on my own. I can do the first few moves well. Car troubles, injury, and deadline have gotten in my way.
Get a cumulative total of at least 90 minutes moderate physical activity 6 days weekly, and more strenuous activities building to thrice weekly by year’s end. I’m doing moderately active hometending sprints and moving firewood as a starting point. On target.
Write twice-monthly health-centered blog posts. One in January.
Leaps of Faith:
Complete the Write1Sub1 monthly challenge Fan fiction and self-publishing count, for me. The challenge is no more; but I will do the same, on my own. On target.
Self-publish “A Splash of Red”; experimental project. “ASOR” is moving through my #8sunday postings, and has been through my crit group. Cover ideas simmering. On target.
Poetry Chapbooks: Do rough setup for Trek poetry chapbook. This is experimental. One poem, “Candlelight Commingled Kisses”, submitted to Triaxian Silk. A beginning….On target.
The Writing Challenge That Knows You Have a Life!