Yes, it IS Wednesday again already…that didn’t quite seem possible, since it feels like the week is just now getting underway, but I’ve looked at the calendar and everything, and the evidence is in.
It is, in fact, Wednesday, which makes it time for another ROW80 update.
I’ve been immersed in revisions – my own, and others’ – to the point where I’ve focused on that more than anything else, so progress in other areas is still a bit more scattered than I might like. I’m OK with that, though, since revision is definitely something I want to focus on improving this year, and that’s hard to do without practice. Critiquing and beta-reading things I didn’t write is already helping me to look at my own work through a different lens, and I can see that I’m improving.
I’m also getting into a rhythm of sorts with the new crit group, and that’s freeing up some focus for other things, including planning the story I’m submitting for the Nelson Algren Literary Awards at the end of the month. That’s going slowly, as I write character sketches and biographies, but experience has told me that I move along faster after that’s done (which it will be by this time tomorrow). I’ll have a revised first draft to submit to the group by Sunday night or Monday morning, leaving me a few days after I receive my crits to further revise and polish.
Ready for a closer look?
Draft “Peach Liqueur Love” prequel story (as yet only a glimmer in my mind) for the Nelson Algren Literary Awards. The deadline is January 31 – complete rough draft by January 20.
Foul Deeds Will Rise: Trueborn Weft Series #2: Complete through Scene 38. Scene 34/50 in progress.
Plan and Plot “Peach Liqueur Love” prequel story complete planning by EOD January 19; plotting by EOD January 20. Character Sketch 2/3 in progress.
The IDIC Romance: Complete plot/pinch points for 25 stories. 1/25 complete (A).
Revise “Peach Liqueur Love” prequel story. Complete first revisions and submit to crit group by January 24; final revisions complete by January 30.
The IDIC Romance: Reread “Slow Jazz Awakening” hard copy and notate; adapt revision plan as needed; write revised draft – 16 short scenes. Notations complete. Revised timeline for completion of this project; Draft 2.5 rewrite of Scene 1/16 complete.
Revise, post, and initiate new blogging schedule; keep all posts current. Revisions in progress, most posts up on time.
Keep up with all current blog comments and visits, at least twice weekly. Got swept up in Revisionland…got to a few, and made more visits. Goal change pending – I can’t keep up with all the comments at the moment, and need a better plan.
ROW80: Keep visits and updates current; draft, revise, and submit Round One Sponsor Post before January 10. Visits and update current.
Change one thing weekly in my blog layout.
Maintain email at under 99 messages; clear Archives folder. Under 450 emails at present; down from nearly 900 (oops!).
- Homeschool Administration: Complete all pending paperwork. Draft IHIPs and attend to district’s Peer Review issue;create 2015-2016 Flickr portfolios for both kids, and begin adding to them. Sciences section complete; Social Studies: Patriotism and Citizenship; U.S. History; and U.S. Government; and Economics.
- Continue decluttering/beautification projects; in home and/or yard, five days weekly. Continue making improvements to our home and our quality of life. 3/5 days. General maintenance; organization; decluttering.
Go through all online subscriptions; cancel those we no longer need; at least one each week.
Continue planning/ attending outings (personal and family) as desired. Write-in for me. Tentative plans to visit NJ friends in April.
- NNWM local group: Attend write-ins regularly, and check in on the Facebook group as inspired. Read and critique both projects I’ve been hanging onto; submit and critique weekly for our small crit group, which is brand-new this year! Attended write-in;submitted “Monday Morning Coffee”; 2/3 crits in progress (one arrived late; haven’t gotten to it yet).
Complete Stained Snow beta read. Chapter 11/28 submitted to author.
- My beloveds: One on one time with each, doing something of value to us both, each week. Conversation; canoodling; TV and videos.
- Complete 6 pending book reviews.
Write in Abundance, Intentions, and #onegoodcup journals seven times each week. Meditate seven times weekly, including one eating meditation. Explore one new meditative practice. Journaling/meditation 3/7 journals; 3/7 meditation. Coloring meditation.
Tai chi practice: One class and one at-home practice each week. A tiny little ice-breaking at-home practice.
- Focus on sprints of activity daily (hometending, dancing, tai chi, walking, whatever), and more strenuous activities I enjoy, like swimming and hiking twice monthly. Write twice-monthly health-centered blog posts. Hometending; putting away groceries; firetending. Health post 1 /2 complete. Moved firewood with my Accomplice, and on my own. 4 /2 strenuous activities.
Leaps of Faith:
- Submit “Peach Liqueur Love” prequel story. The deadline is January 31 -aim for January 30.
Fan fiction stuff: Polish “Mission: Accomplished”, and “Scavenger Hunt”, and offer at Triaxian Silk. Both stories are freshly revised and expanded, and currently with my crit group. Responses expected midweekish.
The new year is settling in now. Are you finding a pace and a rhythm, or still getting used to 2016?
The Writing Challenge That Knows You Have a Life!