About a week ago, YouTube popped up something new at the end of a TnT fanvid I embedded in a post:
I decided I had to check it out. Of course, I wanted to register right away – but the form was broken. I tried repeatedly, then emailed the site owner. A few days of silence later, I thought to search for a Facebook group – and there is one! So, I sent a message, got one back, and the process is not only underway to get me registered there, but I know who to submit to, and I spent the night chatting with the owner, and reading a superb story he wrote…
The Internet amazes me. So do Trekkies, again and again!
Yup. I was abducted by an alien, and I put aside Other Things to give myself to the night. And I’m not even a little bit sorry, even if things are a little discombobulated for the next day or three…
This year, I have more clarity about where I’m going, and the steps I want to take. My January goals fit into my Round One goals, which, in turn, fit into my 2016 goals – which are a segment of my longer-term goals. Click the links below to read the extended goals – a road map to the future.
Draft “Peach Liqueur Love” prequel story (becoming more than a glimmer in my mind) for Chicago Tribune Writing Contest. The deadline is January 31 – complete rough draft by January 20.
Foul Deeds Will Rise: Trueborn Weft Series #2: Complete through Scene 38. Scene 34/50 in progress.
Plan and Plot “Peach Liqueur Love” prequel story for Chicago Tribune Writing Contest. The deadline is January 31 – complete planning by January 10; plotting by January 15. Running two days late with planning, Character Sketch 1/3 in progress. Running behind; but feeling it take shape, so not concerned.
The IDIC Romance: Complete plot/pinch points for 25 stories. 1/25 complete (A).
Revise “Peach Liqueur Love” prequel story for Chicago Tribune Writing Contest. The deadline is January 31 – complete first revisions and submit to crit group by January 24; final revisions complete by January 30.
The IDIC Romance: Reread “Slow Jazz Awakening” hard copy and notate; adapt revision plan as needed; write revised draft; 16 short scenes. Notations just underway for Scene 1/16, and I’ve had a T’Pol epiphany.
Revise, post, and initiate new blogging schedule; keep all posts current. Revisions in progress, most posts up on time.
Keep up with all current blog comments and visits, at least twice weekly. Sunday and Monday. All might be optimistic; I’m getting lots of traffic! =)
ROW80: Keep visits and updates current; draft, revise, and submit Round One Sponsor Post before January 10. Sponsor post is in; visits and update current.
Change one thing weekly in my blog layout. I rearranged my widgets.
Maintain email at under 99 messages; clear Archives folder. Email at just under 99. Deleted/moved about 100 messages from my Archives.
- Homeschool Administration: Complete all pending paperwork. Draft IHIPs and attend to district’s Peer Review issue;create 2015-2016 Flickr portfolios for both kids, and begin adding to them. Sciences section complete; Social Studies: Patriotism and Citizenship; U.S. History; and U.S. Government; and Economics.
- Continue decluttering/beautification projects; in home and/or yard, five days weekly. Continue making improvements to our home and our quality of life. 3/5 days. General maintenance; organization; decluttering.
Go through all online subscriptions; cancel those we no longer need; at least one each week.
Continue planning/ attending outings (personal and family) as desired. Write-in for me. Tentative plans to visit NJ friends in April.
- NNWM local group: Attend write-ins regularly, and check in on the Facebook group as inspired. Read and critique both projects I’ve been hanging onto; submit and critique weekly for our small crit group, which is brand-new this year! Attended write-in;submitted “Monday Morning Coffee” Read 2/3 crit projects, all posted late this week.
Complete Stained Snow beta read. Chapter 5/28 submitted to author.
- My beloveds: One on one time with each, doing something of value to us both, each week. Jurassic World with my girl; Admirable Animation with my boy; Prospectors, Hebrides: Islands on the Edge, That ’70s Show, canoodling and chatting with my Accomplice.
- Complete 6 pending book reviews.
Write in Abundance, Intentions, and #onegoodcup journals seven times each week. Meditate seven times weekly, including one eating meditation. Explore one new meditative practice. Journaling/meditation 3/7 journals; 4/7 meditation.
T’ai chi practice: One class and one at-home practice each week.
- Focus on sprints of activity daily (hometending, dancing, tai chi, walking, whatever), and more strenuous activities I enjoy, like swimming and hiking twice monthly. Write twice-monthly health-centered blog posts. Hometending; putting away groceries; firetending. Health post 1 /2 in development. Moved firewood with my Accomplice, and on my own. 2 /2 strenuous activities.
Leaps of Faith:
- Submit “Peach Liqueur Love” prequel story for Chicago Tribune Writing Contest. The deadline is January 31 -aim for January 30.
Fan fiction stuff: Polish “Mission: Accomplished”, and “Scavenger Hunt”, and offer Triaxian Silk. I’m now in contact with the site owner at TriS, and will soon be submitting there!
Kait Nolan’s ROW80 – The Writing Challenge That Knows You Have a Life! See other participants’ progress here!