Goal attained = blue with overstrike.
Goal in progress = green.
Goal-in-waiting = red.
Goal set aside = red with overstrike.
- Complete the Write1
Sub1Challenge: Write at least 1 story and submit at least 1 story each month in 2015. The writing was easy; I blew that goal away. Submitted (and was accepted!) once.
- Develop Kifo Island Chronicles: Write rough sketches for 10 novellas; plot 5 novellas; draft 3 novellas. The first three are drafted; I have ideas and notes for at least three more. These turned into novels.
- Complete the Star Trek Chronology Project: Watch the entire canon Star Trek franchise, in chronological order – taking notes for future fan fiction development. Once I got into this, I realized I’d have to radically alter my life to do it in a year! Through Enterprise, and into The Original Series.
- Develop The IDIC Romance: Plot and write 31 new stories; submit revised stories through “Movements” to at least 1 fan fiction site. Many new stories! Revising is slow, slow going; nothing ready for submission yet.
- Blogging from A-Z: Draft 26 alphabet -themed travel posts. Done!
- Trueborn Warp/Weft Series: Plan, plot, and draft one novel in each series; as July CampNaNoWriMo and November NaNoWriMo projects. Dropped second novel; too much for one year. Drafting of Foul Deeds Will Rise (Weft #2) ongoing.
- Write at least 750 words daily at 750words.com. On average, far more than this; not using 750 words anymore.
- Chameleon’s Dish (title subject to change): Complete first pass revision; reread and create plan for revision pass 1.5 (cohesion, consistency, etc.).
- Bounded by a Nutshell: Create pre-revision plan, using existing notes and Cathy Yardley‘s Rock Your Revision.
- The Stars Are Fire/Perchance to Dream: Readthroughs and pre-revision notes.
- The IDIC Romance: Organize Scrivener file; revise stories through “Golden Slipper”. Still working on the first story, “Slow Jazz Awakening”. As the lynchpin for my vision, I want to give it all the time and attention it deserves to shine and be a cornerstone.
- Write1Sub1 Challenge: Revise 5 existing short stories using Sarah Selecky‘s Deep Revision process. Revised 1/5 – “Monday Morning Coffee”, published here; story 2/5, “Peach Liqueur Love”, in progress.
- 2012/2014 OctPoWriMo poems: Revise all poems; categorize by project.
- Blog Maintenance: Keep to regular posting schedule; answer comments, and return visits. I did fairly well, but not quite well enough to make this blue.
- Build blog queues: 5 each WIPpet and C and C posts.
- Blogging Action Plan: Review; revise; and implement. Well…
- Twitter and Facebook: Visit at least twice weekly. Ummm….sometimes….
- Pinterest, LinkedIn, WANATribe, ect: Visit at least one weekly.
- Share posts – mine, and others’: Share at least 15 items per week. Not 15 times a week; sometimes not at all; but there was some sharing.
- Blog views and followers: Increase views to 150 at least 10 times/ month; followers to 1000; WordPress followers to 333, because I like that number!
- Complete resets/reorganizations: family room, porch/playroom, and kitchen. All started; none finished. Ongoing.
- Inhabit my study: cleaning, organizing, and using the space daily, when home. A Great Big Blue here!
- Personal Administration: Clean, organize, and back up all laptop files; sort email folders; delete excess. Having my laptop down nearly half the year slowed this down.
- Homeschool Administration: Complete all homeschool paperwork, including Annalise’s standardized testing, on time. Streamline where possible. Finished the year with a couple of pending reports in progress.
- Yard Beautification: Plant edibles and cutting flowers in season; maintain in a presentable manner; declutter outgrown kid-things and random life debris. Much better than previous years, and still improving.
- Photo digitalization: Scan box of travel photos; save in organized files with backup. This fizzled post-Oregon.
- ROW80: Sponsor duties up-to-date.
- Oregon vacation: Prepare for and take vacation trip in February. And a wonderful break from a LOT of snow at home!
- Kindle ebooks: Read and write reviews for the 22 books on my cloud written by writers I know. Read 8; reviews posted for 2.
- NNWM local group: Continue attending write-ins whenever possible; interact regularly online.
- Meditation: Experiment with guided/unguided meditation at least 3 times/week.
- TBR Stacks: Complete bedroom TBR pile. Dispersed the pile, and lost track of what was in it. Some read; some not.
- Smart Change: Work through at least one goal using the methods in this book. Lost track of this goal.
- Starfleet: Reconnect/possibly rejoin USS Albany group.
- My beloveds: One on one time with each, at least thrice per month, doing something of value to us both. Big time blue! Lots of happy connection. =D
- Paying it Forward: Complete at least six beta reads and ten promotional blog posts for other writers. Some. Not as many as the goal, though.
Fitness and Nutrition:
- Workouts: at the Y or a strenuous activity thrice weekly; with Wii Fit four times weekly. I was more active, but not at this level.
- Walk, dance, swim, or physical play: With children, spouse, and/or dog three times weekly. Again, not this much, but some.
- Practice: Resume t’ai chi and yoga classes, either/or at least twice/month. Mostly.
- Intuitive Eating: Read and put into practice as I continue to evolve nutritional goals that make me feel healthy and energized. A little; not much.
- Cooking/ Food Preparation: Develop a repertoire of 30 self-made food options that support my nutritional goals. I got to four or five; cooking isn’t my thing.
- Weight: Maintain or reduce weight; continue monthly checks. I’m still wearing the same size clothing, but not focusing on the scale.
Kait Nolan’s ROW80 is the Writing Challenge That Knows You Have a Life!