OK, I know…I’m a bit late with this update. Other Things took me in other directions, and, though I’ve been working on it…well, it wasn’t quite finished.
Today, that changes.
Scrolling down the list shows me that I’ve got a good deal of green there, some nice blue, and a bit of red. For me, that’s a very productive month, with lots of projects ongoing, some wrapping up, and some either waiting their turn or an evaluation to see whether they really suit my life and goals as they currently exist.
I’m calling that a success, and something of a head start for my 2016, ROW80 Round One, and January goals.
Do you set goals for yourself? What’s your approach? Do you keep them in your head? Write or record them? Keep them as private motivators? Share them with others? Do you assess your progress? On a schedule, or as the mood strikes? How do you evaluate your progress, if you do? Do you consider your goals, once committed to, set in stone, or more changeable?
Something I’ve learned in four years of participating in ROW80 is that there are as many approaches to the process of attaining goals as there are people setting them – actually, it’s likely more, since many of us change over time, as we learn and grow.
I love getting insight into how others interact with their goals, so it would tickle me no end to read a bit about your process – and I’ll learn something from what you share – not that I’m trying to pressure you to share, because, well, that’s icky. =)
And now, the update!
Goal attained = blue with overstrike.
Goal in progress = green.
Goal-in-waiting = red.
Goal set aside = red with overstrike.
Foul Deeds Will Rise: Trueborn Weft Series #2: Complete this draft. Scene 34/50 in progress. Moving along; not finished yet.
The IDIC Romance: Complete note-taking process for 26 stories. All done!
The IDIC Romance: Using existing notes (once complete); create a revision plan for “Slow Jazz Awakening” (the lynchpin of my Trip/T’Pol shipping fan fiction); write revised draft; 16 short scenes. (Download all relevant OneDrive files to assess my current status for this project.) Scene 16/16 pre-planning notes complete! And I have a basic revision plan, too!
“Peach Liqueur Love”: Complete steps 2 and 3 of Sarah Selecky’s Deep Revision process; rewrite in preparation for steps 4 and 5.
Publish all regular features posts; scheduling ahead where possible. Revise and initiate new blogging schedule; complete special December treat. All posts current; Advent stories all posted. Schedule revisions pending.
Catch up all blog comments and visits. Keeping up with current comments; still have older ones pending..
ROW80: Keep visits and updates current.
- Maintain at under 99 messages; clear Archives folder. Cleared Inbox; cleared some from Archives.
- Homeschool Administration: Complete all pending paperwork. Draft IHIPs and attend to district’s Peer Review issue;create 2015-2016 Flickr portfolios for both kids, and begin adding to them. Sciences section complete; Social Studies: Patriotism and Citizenship; U.S. History; and U.S. Government; and Economics.
- Get computer repaired! Wahoo!
- Continue decluttering/beautification projects; in home and/or yard, five days weekly. Continue making improvements to our home and our quality of life. House looking a lot better!
- Reset my study bulletin board with Pending/Drafting/ Simmering/Revision/Finishing categories. Yup!
Continue planning/ attending outings and events as desired. Some visiting, some events, some hanging at home.
- NNWM local group: Attend write-ins regularly, and check in on the Facebook and Twitter groups as inspired. Read and critique both projects I’ve been hanging onto. Attended write-in; small and informal group.
Complete the two beta reads I’ve had waaay too long. Beta #2 complete through Chapter Four (p15/121).
- My beloveds: One on one time with each, doing something of value to us both, each week. Big success here! =D
- Complete 7 pending book reviews. 1/7 complete (Red).
Write in Abundance,Intentions, and #onegoodcup journals seven times each week. Meditate seven times weekly, including one eating meditation. Explore one new meditative practice. This has become habit.
T’ai chi practice: at home three times; class once or twice a week. Continue reading The Tai Chi Directory. This was a tricky round for practice, for various reasons.
- Make time for physical activity five days a week; Evaluate how I’m approaching them, in preparation for 2016. Good enough to call it done.
Poetry Chapbooks: Categorize poems roughly for 2016 development.
Website/Business blog: Come to a decision for 2016 before WP renewal time; research self-hosting. Talked with my Accomplice about my plans.
Fan fiction stuff: Polish “Mission: Accomplished”, and “Scavenger Hunt”, and offer on Ad Astra. The last snippet of “Mission” will appear on Sunday, after which I will begin commenting and interacting on the site while I polish these little fluffy bits of slightly more than slightly naughty fun!
Self-publishing: Finish reading The Indie Author Power Pack. Finshed!
Kait Nolan’s ROW80 is the Writing Challenge That Knows You Have A Life.