I’m typing these words, a little stumblingly, on my Lenovo Yoga – the one that’s been out of commission since the end of August. We couldn’t afford a repair bill then, because we’d just spent hundreds on car repairs, with more to go. So my beloved laptop sat and waited – until yesterday, when I finally had the budgetary go-ahead.
And the irony?
The “repair” consisted of a Geek Squad member putting the machine on a charging cable for about fifteen minutes. The battery charged to about 4% in that time, and ‘my’ Geek was able to get to the start screen. He also ascertained that my Lenovo power adapter was dead.
There was no charge for this service.
I will be buying an official Lenovo replacement cord, because what I think happened was that the replacements I bought from a Lenovo-recommended outside source weren’t strong enough to recharge the battery once it died.
In the meantime, though, I’m joyfully relearning the machine that once was an extension of me, moving files from the little Toughbook that served me so much better than it was ever intended to – and grinning.
And now, the update!
My Round 4 Goals (updating soon -really!).
My 2015 Goals (updating soon – really!).
Foul Deeds Will Rise: Trueborn Weft Series #2: Complete this draft; 24/50 scenes left. Scene 28/50 in progress. 1,152 new words this session (365 moved from existing blog post). Due to the resurrection of my Yoga, I’ll be pausing to reread the scenes I didn’t have access to, then picking up from there, at Scene 30/50.
The IDIC Romance: Complete note-taking process for 26 stories. Completed notes for B-E; 5/26.
The IDIC Romance: Using existing notes (once complete); create a revision plan for “Slow Jazz Awakening” (the lynchpin of my Trip/T’Pol shipping fan fiction); write revised draft; 16 short scenes. (Download all relevant OneDrive files to assess my current status for this project.) Pre-planning revision notes for 6/16 scenes. Scene 7 in progress.
“Peach Liqueur Love”: Complete steps 2 and 3 of Sarah Selecky’s Deep Revision process; rewrite in preparation for steps 4 and 5.
Publish all regular features posts; scheduling ahead where possible. Revise and initiate new blogging schedule; complete special December treat. #8sunday scheduled; all other posts current. These will be faster and more efficient as I reorient to my Yoga.
Catch up all blog comments and visits. A few comments responded to, even during a busy “weekend”. A little backed up, at the moment.
ROW80: Keep visits and updates current. I missed checking in on anyone for Sunday. Will get to those later today, once all blogging duties are tended.
Maintain at under 99 messages; clear Archives folder. Cleared a few items from the archives.
- Homeschool Administration: Complete all pending paperwork. Draft IHIPs and attend to district’s Peer Review issue;create 2015-2016 Flickr portfolios for both kids, and begin adding to them. Reread requirements for grade 9-12 IHIP – the boy already does well above those minimums!
- Get computer repaired! On Tuesday. SQUEE! =D
- Continue decluttering/beautification projects; in home and/or yard, five days weekly. Continue making improvements to our home and our quality of life. 3/5; moderate.
- Reset my study bulletin board with Pending/Drafting/ Simmering/Revision/Finishing categories. Board nearly complete; just needs finishing touches.
Continue planning/ attending outings and events as desired. Annalise’s overnight plans canceled by her cold. =( The boy and I had breakfast at Panera, and walked through a local mall we hadn’t been to in a few years.
- NNWM local group: Attend write-ins regularly, and check in on the Facebook and Twitter groups as inspired. Read and critique both projects I’ve been hanging onto. Attended write-in; small and informal group.
Complete the two beta reads I’ve had waaay too long. Beta #2 complete through Chapter Four (p15/121).
- My beloveds: One on one time with each, doing something of value to us both, each week. Cuddles, conversation, an outing, television, and couples’ time.
- Complete 7 pending book reviews.
Write in Abundance,Intentions, and #onegoodcup journals seven times each week. Meditate seven times weekly, including one eating meditation. Explore one new meditative practice. 2/7 for journaling; 2/7 meditation. Missed Tuesday.
T’ai chi practice: at home three times; class once or twice a week. Continue reading The Tai Chi Directory.
- Make time for physical activity five days a week; Evaluate how I’m approaching them, in preparation for 2016. 3/5. A blogpost leads the way to a new health and fitness journey.
Leaps of Faith:
Poetry Chapbooks: Categorize poems roughly for 2016 development.
Website/Business blog: Come to a decision for 2016 before WP renewal time; research self-hosting. I think I’ve decided; letting the decision settle a bit before committing.
Fan fiction stuff: Polish “Mission: Accomplished”, and “Scavenger Hunt”, and offer on Ad Astra. The last snippet of “Mission” will appear on Sunday (really, this time!), after which I will begin commenting and interacting on the site while I polish these little fluffy bits of slightly more than slightly naughty fun!
Self-publishing: Finish reading The Indie Author Power Pack. 100%. (3/3).
These goals are a part of Kait Nolan’s ROW80 Writing Challenge – the one that knows you have a life!