Can you believe it’s already the penultimate day of November? For those trying to finish NaNoWriMo, it’s definitely crunch time. For me, it’s an odd time of things finished – my rough draft of Sea Changes, for one – and the new. A new Kindle. A new story soon to be published. Foul Deeds Will Rise gaining new words, slowly.
Most of the red is gone from my goals list. It may not all be gone, when the month ends at midnight on Monday…but I’ll carry any leftovers over into December, which I plan on using to wrap some things up, and set others up for the new year.
How about you? What do you plan to do with the rest of your month? Your year?
Foul Deeds Will Rise: Trueborn Weft Series #2: Continue this draft beginning 11/20. Scene 26/50. 1,811 new words added. Nowhere near the 2k a day I predicted, but I’ve been occupied with a lot of simmering thoughts which will evolve into many words, likely in tandem with the new moon.
The IDIC Romance: Choose one freewriting for each letter to develop into an A-Z post; make episode list for rewatching, and take notes as needed. Hey, #itswritingresearch! 26/26 stories chosen for development (A-Z); episode list made;note-taking process 1/26 stories in progress (I’m thinking I ultimately want a series of questions to ask while I watch each episode).
Publish all regular features posts; scheduling ahead where possible. Still not doing Second Serving Sunday or Coffee and Conversation, and I forgot to link an #8sunday post for this week, so I’ll skip that, as well, and #SoCS was late. December will be a good time to reset.
Catch up all blog comments and visits. Got back to this.
ROW80: Keep visits and updates current. Yes and yes.
- Maintain email inbox below 333 messages. Current total 71 messages -and so much faster on my new Kindle! =D
- Homeschool Administration: Complete all pending paperwork. Draft IHIPs and attend to district’s Peer Review issue.
- Get computer repaired!
- Continue decluttering/beautification projects; in home and/or yard, five days weekly. Continue making improvements to our home and our quality of life. 6/5; general hometending, on a minimal to moderate scale; Accomplice’s holiday work schedule has me feeling a little “off” this week.
Continue planning/ attending outings and events as desired. Continue dour family tradition of going to a buffet restaurant where everyone can eat as they please. A more home-oriented energy prevails, since.
- NNWM local group: Attend write-ins regularly, and check in on the Facebook and Twitter groups as inspired. Read and critique both projects I’ve been hanging onto. Doing a bit better overall; hoping to get to one of these critiques in the next couple of weeks.
Complete the two beta reads I’ve had waaay too long. Beta #2 complete through Chapter Four (p15/121).
- My beloveds: One on one time with each, doing something of value to us both, each week. Deep conversations, silliness and snuggles, and sharing of interesting things.
- Complete 7 pending book reviews.
Write in Abundance,Intentions, and #onegoodcup journals seven times each week. Meditate seven times weekly, including one eating meditation. Explore one new meditative practice. 7/7 for journaling; 8/7 for meditation (qigong meditation at the end of tai chi).
T’ai chi practice: at home three times; class once or twice a week. Continue reading The Tai Chi Directory. Attended class on Tuesday, for the first time since late September. It felt soooo gooood! =D Practiced at home Friday; about 10 minutes total, throughout the day; 1/3.
- Make time for physical activity five days a week; use phone app to track three time a week. 5/5 for activity, including tai chi. Experimenting with phone app, and considering a FitBit – anyone have input on those? 2/3.
Leaps of Faith:
Poetry Chapbooks: Basic research and discussion ; simmering.
Website/Business blog: Brainstorming.
Fan fiction stuff: I did a quick surveillance run at Ad Astra, where I’m planning to break the submission ice. They don’t have a lot of TnT shipping; either there’s untapped potential there, else it’s not the best place for it. Anyway, I’ve decided to put a quick polish on “Mission: Accomplished”, and “Scavenger Hunt”, and offer those, since they’ve had good feedback in serialized form on this blog.
Self-publishing: More reading of Write. Publish. Repeat.
These goals are a part of Kait Nolan’s ROW80 – The Writing Challenge That Knows I Have A Life.