Last night, I was talking with my eleven-year-old, and realized that Thanksgiving, or at least the locally relevant American version, is just over a week away.
Yup, next Thursday is the last one in the month, which means the penultimate month of the year is already drawing to a rapid close.
Perhaps coincidentally, when midnight struck (that’s my ‘official’ self-appointed deadline for ROW80 progress), I was poised just past the entrance of the penultimate scene of my WIP novel, Sea Changes (KIC#3), feeling my way into a death scene.
And another ending, today: On Monday, we were visited by the CPS caseworker, who wanted to inform us, in person, that our case was being closed, with the determination that the claims made by the anonymous (but known to us) family member were unfounded.
While I would prefer a healthier and more open family-of-origin dynamic, there is a certain degree of quiet vindication in having been so closely examined on three separate occasions, and, each time, having the same determination made. I didn’t need the government to tell me that our life is working for us, but, given the tendency of this person to make reports based on supposition, exaggeration, personal biases, and outright falsehoods, all presented as facts, it’s not a bad thing to have ongoing documentation of our fitness as parents, and as a family.
And all of these are things I’m grateful for, as the month and the year draw to a close.
What are you most thankful for, today?
Goal attained = blue with overstrike.
Goal in progress = green.
Goal-in-waiting = red.
Goal set aside = red with overstrike.
NaNoWriMo: Complete draft of Sea Changes (Kifo Island Chronicles #3). This near-future fantasy will be about 60,000 words, total. Official end of 11/17 count: 62,177/~ 60,000; it’s looking like a 65K novel. 22/24 scenes completed; resolution scenes in progress.
Foul Deeds Will Rise: Trueborn Weft Series #2: Resume and complete draft (currently on Scene 29/50). Goal adaptation: Continue this draft beginning 11/20.
The IDIC Romance: Choose one freewriting for each letter to develop into an A-Z post; make episode list for rewatching, and take notes as needed. Hey, #itswritingresearch! 1/31 stories chosen. 21/26 letters completed; 1 /2 V completed. I’ll take this on once Sea Changes is complete (likely later today) and before delving back into FDWR.
Publish all regular features posts; scheduling ahead where possible. Still not doing Coffee and Conversation or Mindful Monday; but, once I finish drafting Sea Changes, I will resume them.
Catch up all blog comments and visits. I’ve slipped back a little, between weekend activity and a lot of writing. Same story; once the novel is drafted…
ROW80: Keep visits and updates current. I failed to make the rounds for Sunday’s update; will do that tonight whether I finish the draft or not.
- Maintain email inbox below 333 messages. Current total: 594 messages. Planning a session tonight or tomorrow.
- Homeschool Administration: Complete all pending paperwork. Draft IHIPs and attend to district’s Peer Review issue. You guessed it; this will be a focus for tomorrow.
- Get computer repaired!
- Continue decluttering/beautification projects; in home and/or yard, five days weekly. Continue making improvements to our home and our quality of life. 3/5 family room; living room; study; yardtending.
Continue planning/ attending outings and events as desired. Another write-in for me; both kids more nocturnal than I currently am, and content to stay home and sleep during the daytime hours.
- NNWM local group: Attend write-ins regularly, and check in on the Facebook and Twitter groups as inspired. Read and critique both projects I’ve been hanging onto. Doing a bit better overall; hoping to get to one of these critiques in the next couple of weeks.
Complete the two beta reads I’ve had waaay too long. Beta #2 complete through Chapter Four (p15/121).
- My beloveds: One on one time with each, doing something of value to us both, each week. Walking. Chatting. Couples’ time.
- Complete 7 pending book reviews.
Write in Abundance,Intentions, and #onegoodcup journals seven times each week. Meditate seven times weekly, including one eating meditation. Explore one new meditative practice. 3/7 for journaling and meditation. Exploring object meditation – seeking to become the object.
T’ai chi practice: at home three times; class once or twice a week. Continue reading The Tai Chi Directory. Planning to begin with one class next Tuesday, now that the family issue is resolved.
- Make time for physical activity five days a week; use phone app to track three time a week. 3/5; 1/3 with phone.
Leaps of Faith:
Poetry Chapbooks: Basic research and discussion ; simmering.
Website/Business blog: Brainstorming.
Fan fiction stuff
Self-publishing: Considering something….stay tuned. Reading Write. Publish. Repeat.