The year – didn’t it just get started?!
And me? I’m looking forward to coffee, conversation, laughter…and the opening salvo of NaNoWriMo…which brings me to my final days of #NaNoPrep…
OK, so I clearly wrote this a while ago. The kids and I were away for the weekend, and returned late Sunday. I got about 70 words ahead of my opening day NaNo goal – and then didn’t write at all on Monday. I needed the time to reconnect with my family, and reorient to being home.
Tuesday came with a write-in in the evening, and my Accomplice was busy on car repairs – and he doesn’t enjoy them. I split my focus between NaNo and hometending, to offer him the comfort of as embracing a home as I could before I left. So I whizzed around making things better.
And now it’s late Wednesday, and I’ve been writing, spending time with my beloveds, and doing more hometending…
You might notice that blogging hasn’t been on that list anywhere. I intended to get ahead, but I really didn’t. I didn’t intend to proceed on internet stealth mode – it just kind of happened.
I may still be a little more sporadic than normal – but, when you don’t hear from me, you can assume I’m deep in my story world, because this one’s catching me very early on…and it’s a time of family connection and settling-in for the colder weather ahead…
I’ll post up my final October progress report within the next few days – for now, here’s my revised NaNovember goals, and my progress thus far.
Second Serving Sunday: The Aswirl with Activity Edition (a recap/mashup, and peek ahead, for your reading pleasure!).
Goal attained = blue with overstrike.
Goal in progress = green.
Goal-in-waiting = red.
NaNoWriMo: Complete draft of Sea Changes (Kifo Island Chronicles #3). . This near-future fantasy will be about 60,000 words, total. At midnight on Tuesday, I was officially at 4,133/50,000; a little less than 1K from my NaNo daily goal.
Foul Deeds Will Rise: Trueborn Weft Series #2: Resume and complete draft (currently on Scene 29/50). I intend to complete this draft as my rebel NaNo continuation, once my ‘official’ project is drafted.
The IDIC Romance: Choose one freewriting for each letter to develop into an A-Z post; make episode list for rewatching in December. Hey, #itswritingresearch! 1/31 stories chosen. 21/26 letters completed; 1 /2 V completed.
Publish all regular features posts; scheduling ahead where possible.
Catch up all blog comments and visits.
ROW80: Keep visits and updates current.
Maintain email below 999 messages.Mostly through default, but still…
- Homeschool Administration: Complete all pending paperwork. Draft IHIPs and attend to district’s Peer Review issue. Peer review issue in progress.
- Get computer repaired!
- Continue decluttering/beautification projects; in home and/or yard, five days weekly. Continue making improvements to our home and our quality of life. Focus on maintenance and implementing ideas from 5,000 Words Per Hour. 3/5 hometending. Not so much the book; I need a bit of time to get ‘decks cleared’ first.
- Continue planning/ attending outings and events as desired. In the last week, both kids have had doctors’ appointments; there’s been Halloween shopping; and our traditional trip to New Jersey. A quieter week on tap.
- NNWM local group: Attend write-ins regularly, and check in on the Facebook and Twitter groups as inspired. Read and critique both projects I’ve been hanging onto. Skipped Sunday’s write-in and missed the kick-off due to travel. Made it to the Tuesday NaNo write-in; checked FB.
Complete the two beta reads I’ve had waaay too long. Beta #2 complete through Chapter Four (p15/121).
- My beloveds: One on one time with each, doing something of value to us both, each week. Oh, yes!
- Complete 7 pending book reviews.
Write in Abundance,Intentions, and #onegoodcup journals seven times each week. Meditate seven times weekly, including one eating meditation. Explore one new meditative practice. 3/7 for journaling and meditation.
T’ai chi practice: at home three times; class once or twice a week. Continue reading.
- Make time for physical activity five days a week; use phone app to track three time a week. 3/5 so far; 2/3 with phone.
Leaps of Faith:
Poetry Chapbooks:I did some very basic research on what chapbooks are; letting the concept simmer for a bit.
Website/Business blog: early brainstorming with my Accomplice.
Fan fiction stuff