That’s what the last hours have been for me. After weeks of stress and scrutiny, the weight is lifting, and I feel my spirit, which was apparently holding its breath, begin to exhale.
No, everything’s not over, as far as the CPS issues are concerned, but we know enough now to know that it will be, within the next few weeks. There will be a follow-up visit or two, until our case is closed (apparently, it’s been a busy month).
I will be writing to the individual who instigated this chain of events. Fortunately, I’ve had some time to process, so, I can do it from a place of peaceful intent than angry reactivity. More, I don’t expect anything to come of the effort, beyond a sense of resolution in stating my position, and those of my family. So, however the communication is received, I will have the resultant sense of closure, upon delivering it.
So, life here is shifting back to a more natural rhythm of four people living and exploring, in often intersecting orbits, supporting, challenging, and growing, loving and laughing and learning.
I’ve got a deeper sense of why I so love and value this life we’ve created, we four, together – and, for that, I am most profoundly grateful.
And now, for the reason we’re here…
Second Serving Sunday: The What a Difference A Week Makes Edition (a recap/mashup for your reading pleasure!).
Goal attained = blue with overstrike.
Goal in progress = green.
Goal-in-waiting = red.
Foul Deeds Will Rise: Trueborn Weft Series #2: Resume and complete draft (currently on Scene 29/50).
Write one poem daily for the OctPoWriMo Challenge. Each poem will fit the theme “Gratitude”. 9/31. This week: Catch up, and post all poems to date. I’ve written one poem this session, so I have catching up to do through the rest of the week.
The IDIC Romance: Complete 2/3 paragraphs for the remaining letters (Q-Z); do an 11:11 Stream of Consciousness sprint for each; these will be the basis for new stories and A-Z posts. Choose one paragraph for each to develop into the post; make episode list for rewatching. Hey, #itswritingresearch! 1/31 stories chosen.
The IDIC Romance: “Slow Jazz Awakening”: Using compiled notes, complete rough revision plan for 16 scenes. Rewrite and offer as a beta read. Scene 3 in progress from Round Three.
Complete “Peach Liqueur Love” Deep Revision Exercises and submit. Exercise 2/5 in progress from Round Three.
Publish all regular features posts; scheduling ahead if possible: All up to date, so far. WIPpet posts in drafts through 11/11. #8sunday drafts into November. C and C posts rough outlined for remaining six parts of a seven part series. This week: Do all regular features; schedule all October WIPpets and #8sunday posts; schedule next two C and C posts; draft one additional Mindful Monday post.
Catch up all blog comments and visits. Attended to most recent, with return visits. This week: Keep on keeping on. Do better at visiting; that seems to be tripping me up, ATM. Answered and made some visits Tuesday night.
ROW80: Keep visits and updates current. Complete and submit Round 4 Sponsor Post. Visits current and then some; sponsor post needs one image and one reference – I expect to finish that well before I sleep. This week: Visits; complete and submit sponsor post.
- Empty email inbox and maintain below 333 messages. This week: Finish emptying box; maintain. Yes, I DID empty it! And found projects that need tending to, as well. =) Keeping nearly empty. =D
- Homeschool Administration: Complete all pending paperwork. Draft IHIPs and attend to district’s Peer Review issue.
- Continue decluttering/beautification projects; in home and/or yard, five days weekly. Continue making improvements to our home and our quality of life. Lise’s room, living room, kitchen, family room, porch, and bathroom. 3/5 days this week. This week: Continue.
Continue planning/ attending outings and events as desired. It’s been a more cocooning spell, here, with most outings still pending. Doctor’s appointments made, and plans underway for Halloween.
- NNWM local group: Attend write-ins regularly, and check in on the Facebook and Twitter groups as inspired. Read and critique both projects I’ve been hanging onto.
Complete the two beta reads I’ve had waaay too long. Located, downloaded, and began to read Beta #2, bolding areas to comment upon when I reread. 10/120 pages (through Chapter Three) complete.
- My beloveds: One on one time with each, doing something of value to us both, several times each week. Yup!
- Read 3 fellow author books; complete 7 reviews. Read Starfane, by Lauralynn Elliott. I enjoyed the dual storyline, inventive premise, and worldbuilding. Book 1/3 complete.
Write in Abundance,Intentions, and #onegoodcup journals seven times each week. Meditate seven times weekly, including one eating meditation. Explore one new meditative practice. This week: add in eating meditation. Journals/meditation: 3/7.
T’ai chi practice: at home five times; class twice. Continue reading The Tai Chi Directory, and adding movements to my at-home practice. Read a bit of the directory. This week: At least two at-home practices.
- Make time for physical activity six days a week; use phone app to track three time a week. Activity: 3/6; Tracking: 2/3.
Leaps of Faith:
Website/Business blog: early brainstorming with my Accomplice.
Fan fiction stuff
These goals are a part of Kait Nolan’s ROW80 Writing Challenge…
It’s also a blog hop –