Are you ready for a Second Serving?
- This week included dealing with matters dropped into our lap last week – I’ve talked about them in more detail elsewhere, so I won’t dwell on them here.
- The weather was conducive to a good deal more yardtending, and a considerable amount of hometending, as well.
- ROW80 Round Four is underway. I still need to finish my sponsor post, and, so far, most of my progress has been on those home and yardtending goals, and administrative things. It’s not so exciting, maybe, but I feel good getting some of those details out of the way while I’m inclined to do so.
- OctPoWriMo is also well underway…and I’m three poems behind, due to the issues referenced above. I’ve enjoyed creating seven poems thus far.
ROW80: The Writing Challenge That Knows You Have A Life.
A Season For Gratitude: I outline my Round Four goals, and my quarterly theme: Gratitude.
Waiting and Wondering With a Grateful Spirit: My October goals, and the incident I mentioned up top throws in a few new wrinkles – and new opportunities to practice gratitude through adversity.
Eight Sentence Sunday: The Blog Hop For Everyone Who Loves to Write!
- “ Stow the Fantasies”: Trip’s trying to tame his imagination and focus on the mystery at hand, but Vulcan logic bluntly applied is far more mood- altering, as it happens…from The IDIC Romance.
Mindful Monday: Because Self-Awareness is Vital to My Joyful Life.
- Due to Life, Mindful Monday was on unintended hiatus this week.
WIPpet Wednesday: Date-related WIP Snippets!
- “This Isn’t a Game”: Story a Day September added over 30,000 new words to The IDIC Romance. One story, “Scavenger Hunt”, will be serialized, beginning with this snippet. Captain Archer is saying it’s not a game, T’Pol’s asserting that it is, and Trip’s not saying much of anything at all – he’s too busy fighting a self-satisfied smirk.
Coffee and Conversation: Grab a cup of something refreshing, and let’s chat!
- Let’s Talk About Bullying: Part One of Seven: Do you have thoughts about ant-bullying campaigns? Join in the conversation!
SoCS (Stream of Consciousness Saturday): A weekly prompt to free the mind, and the words!
- Sorting Through the Pieces: A poem snippet, and some stream-of-consciousness processing of recent events.
OctPoWriMo: 31 poems in 31 days…
- The Magic of Today: Four haiku written over the course of a single day, with an eye to the magic in random moments, with each of my beloveds, and myself.
- Round Four of ROW80 is now underway. I’ll be sharing my progress toward my Round Four goals, using monthly mini-goals, twice weekly, on or about Sunday and Wednesday.
- More OctPoWriMo – a month of poetic exploration. I’m a little behind right now, but expect to be caught up by next Sunday, or before.
2015-16 homeschool paperwork, and a minor fix from last year’s reporting.
A few other matters need tending – the bulk of that should happen this week. More on that later.
I’ll be prepping for NaNoWriMo next month – my novel is already plotted and waiting, so I’ll be focusing on pre-emptive home and yardtending, dealing with various administrative responsibilities, and queuing features posts to carry me through November with a minimum of fuss.
Various outings may or may not happen, as the children have both been in a cocooning phase where home is where they most want to be.
This week, on the blog:
- #8sunday: More “Mission Accomplished” from that delicious inter-species duo, Trip and T’Pol.
- Mindful Monday: Embracing my inner poet in a time of some strife, and finding solace there.
- ROW80 Updates: On Sunday and Wednesday, for the duration of the round.
- WIPpet Wednesday: I’m serializing “Scavenger Hunt”, another #StaD storyThe IDIC Romance, and the sequel to “Mission”.
- Coffee and Conversation: When we push anti-bullying campaigns on kids, and glorify adults who bully, what message are we really sending? Part 2 of 7.
- Stream of Consciousness Saturday (SoCS): A post based on the weekly prompt, TBA Friday. I’ll go wherever my wandering mind takes me…likely into poetry.
- OctPoWriMo: A month long exploration of and celebration of poetry. I’ll get back to writing (and roughly revising) a poem each day, all month long.
In the Wilds of Internet-Land: What Piqued My Interest This Week:
- I didn’t browse much this week, due to All the Other Things, but I did find this cool explanation of the physics of Schrodinger’s Cat.