What are you grateful for?
Round Four is a perfect time for me to stop and consider this question. With the shifting of the seasons, and the holidays nearly upon us, with all the associated hype and expectations, I want to connect with my deeper emotions, and those things I’m grateful for that can’t be added to a shopping list:
- People who are beloved to me, and hold me as beloved to them.
- The ability to experience the simple pleasures of a life lived simply.
- Friends who get me, expand me, challenge me.
- Taking another breath, and another, and another, while my heart beats.
- Going to sleep, and waking up again.
- Activity and dreams
- And so very much more!
My goals this round are designed with gratitude in mind. I intend to take these challenges – both the ones I’ve set for myself and those life offers up as unexpected gifts – as opportunities for growth and gratefulness…
So, once more, with feeling, I ask:
What are you grateful for, today?
Second Serving Sunday: The Not Sure What to Say Edition (a recap/mashup for your reading pleasure!).
Goal attained = blue with overstrike.
Goal in progress = green.
Goal-in-waiting = red.
OctPoWriMo: Complete one poem each day; revise as possible; post. So far, keeping up. 4/31 days complete.
The IDIC Romance: Complete 11:11 freewritings. Select and rough draft all 2016 A-Z posts. Order #StaD September stories in main Scrivener file. Freewritings for letter Q in progress. 16/26 letters complete. One story selected and drafted (letter M; “Male of the Species”).
The IDIC Romance: “Slow Jazz Awakening”: Complete revision plan for 16 scenes; offer to betas; polish; and submit to a fan fiction site. Revision plan: scene 3/16 in progress.
Complete “Peach Liqueur Love” Deep Revision Exercises; beta; polish, and submit. Exercise 2/5 in progress.
Publish all regular features posts; scheduling ahead as possible. Queue C and C, Mindful Monday, WIPpet, and #8sunday posts; pars of 3 for each. Post authorized reblogs at least twice monthly. One #8sunday scheduled; 3 in progress; snippets selected through early November. One WIPpet in progress; snippets selected through mid-November.
Catch up on all blog comments and visits. It’s been catch as catch can, between rounds.
ROW80: Keep visits and updates current. Submit Round 4 Sponsor Post. Sponsor post needs polishing and finishing, but will be submitted before end of day Monday.
- Empty email inbox and tend to actionable materials. Email in progress.
- Homeschool Administration: Complete all pending paperwork. Draft IHIPs; deal with Peer Review issue from 2014-15.
- Continue decluttering/beautification projects; in home and/or yard, five days weekly. Continue making improvements to our home and our quality of life; choose two focal areas for each working day. It’s been a time of more intense focus on this, during the break, and for various reasons. Weeding, living room, Lise’s room, kitchen. Things are really looking up. Keep up this trend!
Continue planning/ attending outings and events while taking budget and each child’s need for social time and hibernation into account. Make doctor appointments for both.
- NNWM local group: Attend write-ins regularly, and check in on the Facebook and Twitter groups as inspired. Read and critique both projects I’ve been hanging onto. Checked in on Facebook and went to write- in.
Complete the two beta reads I’ve had waaay too long.
- My beloveds: One on one time with each, doing something of value to us both, several times each week.
- Read 3 fellow author books; complete 7 reviews.
Write in Intentions journal/ #onegoodcup journal six times each week. Write in Gratitude journal and meditate seven times weekly, including one eating meditation. Explore three new meditative practices. I‘ve done my journals and meditation every day but Thursday (and that’s a long story for another day).
T’ai chi practice: at home five times; class twice. Continue reading The Tai Chi Directory, and adding movements to my at-home practice.
- Make time for physical activity six days a week; use phone app to track three time a week. Lots of activity; less tracking.
Leaps of Faith:
This is a brand new category for me. There seem always to be things on my horizon I’m wanting to explore, but know very little about. This round, I will do something toward one of these ‘Leap of Faith’ goals each week. I don’t know exactly what, yet, because I really don’t know enough to set more concrete goals. By the end of the round, I intend to know much more! =)
Fan fiction stuff