I’m exploring various aspects of my life, learning and growing as I move toward and evaluate my goals…changed goals appear beneath existing ones, in bolded italics.
Goal attained = blue with overstrike.
Goal in progress = green.
Goal-in-waiting = red.
My quarterly themes:
- January-March: Re-Visioning
- April -June: Expansion
- July-September: Reflection
- October-December: Gratitude
- July CampNaNo novel, Foul Deeds Will Rise (Trueborn Weft #2) in progress.
- November novel, Sea Changes (Kifo Island Chronicles #3) plotted and ready to draft.
- Submitting stalled at one; revisions in progress…
- Goal change: Complete revisions of “Peach Liqueur Love ”and “Slow Jazz Awakening”, and submit both, for a total of three submissions this year.
Develop Kifo Island Chronicles series: Draft 3 novels in 2015.
- 2/3 drafts completed: Transitions (KIC #1):58,730 words; Generations (KIC #2): 62,787 words.
- 3/3 plotted and pending. (KIC #3: Sea Changes) will be my NaNo novel.
- Enterprise complete through S4E3: “Home”.
Develop The IDIC Romance: Write 31 new stories; submit revised stories through “Movements” to at least 1 fan fiction site.
- 2015 Story-a-Day May Challenge; 31 stories; several stand-alone stories written, as well.
- Additionally, I wrote over 30 stories in September.
- “Slow Jazz Awakening” moving through revisions; Suliban cell story percolating for Revision Pass #2 prep; 2/10 in progress; fan site selected.
- Goal Change: Submit “Slow Jazz”. Consider plan for 2016 revisions and submissions; create rough outline.
Blogging from A-Z: Draft 26 alphabet -themed travel posts.
- 26 travel posts, intro and reflections completed.
- Foul Deeds Will Rise (Trueborn Weft #2): drafting in progress.
- Goal Change: Rather than address another Warp volume this year, I’ll wait until I’ve further developed Niaan’s storyline, and a long-neglected timeline – projects slated for 2016 and beyond.
Chameleon’s Dish (title subject to change): Complete first pass revision using Rock Your Revision; reread/create plan for revision pass 1.5 (cohesion, consistency, etc.).
- Goal Change: This project will be back-burnered through 2015, but will be a major focus in 2016.
The IDIC Romance: Organize Scrivener file; revise stories through “Golden Slipper”.
- First revision pass made on the “Suliban cell” compilation story; percolating.
- Detailed notes made for “Slow Jazz Awakening” Revision Pass 2.5 prep.
- 2/15 in progress.
- Goal Change: Obviously, this was too much. Focus on “Slow Jazz” submission, and creating a plan for next steps.
Write1Sub1 Challenge: Revise 5 existing short stories using Sarah Selecky’s Deep Revision process.
- 1/5 complete.
- 2/5 in progress.
- Goal Change: Complete and submit “Peach Liqueur Love.”
2012/2014 OctPoWriMo poems: Revise all poems; categorize by project.
- Nothing yet.
- Goal Change: Research chapbooks; consider poems in that light.
Blog Maintenance: Keep to regular posting schedule; answer comments, and return visits.
- Doing well enough here to claim a win.
Build blog queues: 5 each WIPpet and C and C posts.
- I had been planning to delete this goal, but am now building queues again, so…
- Goal Change: Build queues for WIPpet, #8sunday, C and C, and Mindful Monday posts. The goal is to have enough of each to cover NaNo, and to rebuild queues to pars of 3 in December.
Blogging Action Plan: Revise; and implement.
- Pondering some big changes soon after the beginning of the year…stay tuned!
Twitter and Facebook: Visit at least twice weekly.
- Not as much as I’d planned, due to computer fail. Need to remember that I can do this with my Kindle, too!
Pinterest, LinkedIn, WANATribe, ect: Visit at least one weekly.
- No. Some Pinterest. That’s it.
- Goal Change: Delete this goal for the rest of 2015.
Share posts – mine, and others’: Share at least 15 items per week.
- Not even close, when I get busy. I need a pla -…
- Goal Change: Just share. No count, at least until computer issues are resolved.
Blog views and followers: Increase views to 150 at least 10 times/ month; followers to 1000; WordPress followers to 333, because I like that number!
- WP: 242
- Total follows: 818
- Views gradually and intermittently spiking; best day 149 views…
- Goal Change: Continue offering interesting content and interacting; less focus on numbers.
Complete resets/reorganizations: family room, porch/playroom, and kitchen.
- I’ve been pulled in more directions; some progress made in each.
- Goal change: Make reorganization/maintenance/beautification/uncluttering part of daily life. Make master Oregon list and start working through it.
Inhabit my study: cleaning, organizing, and using the space daily, when home.
Continue to inhabit and improve my study.
- Progress/use happening; not exactly daily.
- Goal Change: Continue evolving my study as my personal creative space. Make organization and decluttering regular practices.
Personal Administration: Clean, organize, and back up all laptop files; sort email folders; delete excess.
- Progress stalled on personal files due to computer failure.
- Working through email.
- Goal change: Resolve computer issues; clean and maintain email Inbox and Archives folders.
Homeschool Administration: Complete all homeschool paperwork, on time. Streamline where possible.
- Summer complete other than one minor issue to resolve with school district. Fall paperwork pending.
Yard Beautification: Plant edibles and cutting flowers in season; maintain in a presentable manner; declutter outgrown kid-things and random life debris.
- Plantings a success. Maintenance better. We missed the spring cleanup day for our town, but will either catch the fall one, or rent a roll-off container before winter.
Photo digitalization: Scan box of travel photos; save in organized files with backup.
- Nothing new.
- Goal Change: Delete, at least until computer issue is resolved.
ROW80: Sponsor duties up-to-date.
Oregon vacation: Prepare for and take vacation trip in February.
Kindle ebooks: Read and write reviews for the 22 books on my cloud written by writers I know.
- 5/22 read. 1/22 review complete; 1/22 drafted.
- Goal Change: Read 3 new books for Round Four; write reviews for all read.
NNWM local group: Continue attending write-ins whenever possible; interact regularly online.
- More interaction; attended write-ins regularly.
Meditation: Experiment with guided/unguided meditation at least 3 times/week.
- I exceeded this; now meditating nearly every day.
TBR Stacks: Complete bedroom TBR pile.
- Goal Change; Delete goal – the books moved!
Smart Change: Work through at least one goal using the methods in this book.
- Goal Change: Place on hold until 2016.
Starfleet: Reconnect/possibly rejoin USS Albany group.
- Nothing new.
My beloveds: One on one time with each, at least thrice per month, doing something of value to us both.
- More than scheduled! ❤
Paying it Forward: Complete at least six beta reads and ten promotional blog posts for other writers.
- I’ve lost track of the exact number of promo posts; I’ve done several. No new betas….
- Goal Change: Do promotional posts as requested; complete queued beta readings.
Fitness and Nutrition:
One hour physical activity, measured with phone app, thrice weekly.
- Not so much. Some, though.
Walk, dance, swim, or physical play: With children, spouse, and/or dog three times weekly.
- Some…mostly walks with daughter.
Practice: Resume t’ai chi classes, either/or at least twice/month.
- Yes for t’ai chi.
Intuitive Eating: Read and put into practice as I continue to evolve nutritional goals that make me feel healthy and energized.
- 34% complete; lots to chew on…not much new to report.
Cooking/ Food Preparation: Develop a repertoire of 30 self-made food options that support my nutritional goals.
- 4/30. Nothing new.
- Goal Change: Delete for now. Need more focus/ intention.