A weekly peek backwards and a look ahead, from my little corner of the blogosphere…
Are you ready for a Second Serving?
- Another quietish week here. Sleep/wake cycles are more coordinated, but with a sleepover followed by the sniffles, both kids were inclined to stay closer to home, and our planned fall outings are still awaiting us. There was lunch with the boy, who went with me to the Y, and walks with my girl.
- Saturday, they spent the evening visiting their grandparents, and having a great time with their cousins. They had what’s likely their last outside swim of the season, and both were asleep soon after getting home.
- My Accomplice and I are rearranging the living room, and we’re all spending more time there these days.
- I’m having a surge in creativity as the moon approaches full. I’ve been up all night, writing and having lots of little epiphanies.
Last week’s features:
ROW80: The Writing Challenge That Knows You Have A Life.
Penultimate Reflections: At the second-to-last update, I begin to look back, and forward.
Final Reflections: Is it the end, or is there ever really an end? Final Round Three 2015 update.
Eight Sentence Sunday: The Blog Hop For Everyone Who Loves to Write!
- “Wasting Time”: Trip and T’Pol have a job to do, and desires to share – so why are they arguing, when that’s just wasting time?
Mindful Monday: Because Self-Awareness is Vital to My Joyful Life.
Attending Soul and Vessel: How embracing my physical self through tai chi feeds my mindfulness practice.
WIPpet Wednesday: Date-related WIP Snippets!
- Opening a Little Further…: Another set of Story a Day September opening paragraphs from The IDIC Romance.
Coffee and Conversation: Grab a cup of something refreshing, and let’s chat!
- The Miracle of Making Do: When resources and needs don’t sync up, there is the potential for wonderful things to happen!
SoCS (Stream of Consciousness Saturday): A weekly prompt to free the mind, and the words!
“Are You Going to Eat That?”: A combination #SoCS and #STaD story – playing with words – and food.
Story A Day September: Because once a year isn’t enough, and Trip and T’Pol won’t wait!
- “Tunnel of Love”: Prompt: Character in a tunnel.T’Pol’s queries regarding a song title lead to a rather unexpected Vulcan/human standoff…complete with egg salad, tea, fascination and possibly some heavy blushing.
- The Monstrous More: Prompt: Fatal flaw brings disaster. T’Pol has a monster inside, and Trip’s afraid of being devoured by its need for moremoremore.
- Round Three of ROW80 is complete, but I don’t like to lose my Sunday/Wednesday rhythm, so I will be posting my Round Three Goals update later today or early tomorrow, and my September goals final update early Thursday morning, once the entire month is past.
- The end of September will mean the end of Story a Day until next May, and the beginning of OctPoWriMo. I’ll shift from flash fiction to poetry in this tansitional season, and then to NaNoWriMo in November.
I’ll get started on our 2015-16 homeschool paperwork, and deal with a minor issue from last year’s reporting.
And, with circadian rhythms moving into better harmony, and health returned, there may be a trip to the New York State Museum, and possibly apple-picking, in our not too distant future.
This week, on the blog:
- #8sunday: More “Mission Accomplished” from that delicious inter-species duo, Trip and T’Pol.
- Mindful Monday: Going With Our Personal Flow.
- ROW80 Updates: On Sunday and Wednesday, for the duration of the round.
- WIPpet Wednesday: From The IDIC Romance; something different to sample.
- Coffee and Conversation: When we push anti-bullying campaigns on kids, and glorify adults who bully, what message are we really sending?
- Stream of Consciousness Saturday (SoCS): A post based on the weekly prompt, TBA Friday. I’ll go wherever my wandering mind takes me…
- Story a Day September: More new stories for The IDIC Romance.. A tough, smart Vulcan lady, and the tough, smart (and really brave!) human who loves her…Hopefully, I will get most or all published before the end of the month…if not, I’ll keep including them till they’re all accounted for!
- OctPoWriMo: A month long exploration of and celebration of poetry. I’ll be writing (and roughly revising, I hope); a poem each day, all month long.
In the Wilds of Internet-Land: What Piqued My Interest This Week:
Two from Amy at Those Kennedy Women:
- What Do You Want? Or, How Not To Have Ungreat Expectations: Is it time to consider how you’re approaching your goals – or even what those goals look like? This might be the perfect post for you!
- I Gotta Feeling!: A celebration of emotions – explored, defined, and claimed.
- And, while reading at Denise Young’s blog, I found this:
<iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/OLk2KfFzFNo” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen></iframe>