When you finish a writing project, do you type ‘The End’?
I don’t. If I ever have, it was long ago.
These days, I see endings and beginnings as softer and more nebulous affairs. I’ll revise those projects, probably again and again. Dishes finished today will be replaced by dirty ones within hours – same with laundry.
Round Three is ending, and I didn’t complete everything I set out to do. The End is near, but I’m not finished…and I’m OK with that.
Because the ending is arbitrary. The round officially ends tomorrow. But when I wake up Friday morning, I have exactly the same choice to move forward on my goals, to live my life with intention, that I have as I type these words early on Wednesday afternoon.
The choice is mine.
It’s also my choice to decide how to view those goals I didn’t finish. Did I fail? Or have I just not yet wholly succeeded? Do I focus on what remains undone, or on the journey made to get to this point?
My choice – and yours. What will we choose?
My Round 3 Goals Update. (final accounting on Wednesday, September 30).
Second Serving Sunday: The Creative Pause Edition (a recap/mashup for your reading pleasure!).
Goal attained = blue with overstrike.
Goal in progress = green.
Goal-in-waiting = red.
Foul Deeds Will Rise: Trueborn Weft Series #2: Reread, and decide whether to rewrite missing, scenes,or set aside until I have access to the rest, This week: Reread through Scene 25 (end of draft).
Write one TnT Story -A-Day through September. Keep to 999 words or less; for fun. This week: Write prompted stories for 9/20-26. Bring revisions, posting, and networking up to date. Stories current through 9/22. Revisions moving forward.
Watch Star Trek: Enterprise, Season Four, through S4E3: “Home”. Firefly; 14 episodes; and Serenity (feature length movie). This week: Episodes 8-12. Watched through S1E12 “The Message”. Next week: Episodes 13-14, and Serenity movie.
The IDIC Romance:“Slow Jazz Awakening”: Using compiled notes, draft rough revision plan for 16 scenes. This week: Scenes 3 – 8. Scene 3 in progress.
Complete “Peach Liqueur Love” Deep Revision, Exercises 2 and 3. This week: Complete Exercise 2.
Publish all regular features posts; scheduling ahead if possible; post at least one authorized reblog. This week: Same posting goal; two authorized reblogs. 3/9 posted; 2/9 in progress.
Catch up all June and July blog comments and visits. This week: Catch up through June 15. Some progress.
ROW80: Keep visits and updates current. Freewrite ideas and notes for Round 4 Sponsor Post. This week: Updates and visits; reread brainstorming session, and do another; organize notes into the basis of a post plan. Sign on as a Round 4 sponsor. Complete this goal.
- Empty email inbox.This week: Get below 1111 messages; tend to Archives file. Just under 1800 messages.
- Homeschool Administration: Complete all pending paperwork; including Fourth Quarter Reports. Submit Annalise’s test results to school district, submit Jeremiah’s Peer Review Panel Form. Draft IHIPs. Last week: Finish all 2014/5 paperwork and submit.This week: Draft Both IHIPs.
- Continue decluttering/beautification projects; in home and/or yard, five days weekly. Continue making improvements to our home and our quality of life. This week: Finish ephemera; cleaning in Annalise’s room; Oregon list; weeding; porch; coffee table.2/5.
Continue planning/ attending
August/September outings and events. Take into account each child’s need for social time and hibernation – and the all-important budget. This week: Sleepover, state museum, art supply shopping? Sleepover a success. Museum provisionally planned for Friday, if sniiffles are snuffed.
- NNWM local group: Attend write-ins regularly, and check in on the Facebook and Twitter groups as inspired. Read and critique both projects I’ve been hanging onto. This week: write-in, social media; locate and read the shorter crit.
Complete the two beta reads I’ve had waaay too long. This week: Send message regarding Beta One, which I couldn’t finish.
- My beloveds: One on one time with each, doing something of value to us both, several times each week. This week: More! Couples’ time, walks, trip to Y and lunch with boy.
- Read 3 fellow author books; complete 5 reviews. This week: Write three reviews, and post to Amazon.
Write in Intentions journal/ #onegoodcup journal six times each week. Meditate seven times weekly, including one eating meditation. Explore one new meditative practice. This week: meet journaling/meditation goals; choose a new practice to explore. Journals: 3/6; Meditation: 4/7 (mandala, tai chi)
T’ai chi practice: at home five times; class twice. Continue reading The Tai Chi Directory, and adding movements to my at-home practice. This week: Pars. Reading; class once; at-home practice1/5.
- Make time for physical activity six days a week; use phone app to track three time a week. This week: pars for both. 3/6 days, 1/3 with phone; Walking, hometending, tai chi, weeding.
These goals are a part of Kait Nolan’s
It’s also a blog hop!
And, to wrap up the round, here’s a bit of Viny sleepover fun from Annalise and her friend Gabrielle.