Are you ready for a Second Serving?
- It’s been a fairly quiet week here. As sometimes happens, everyone in the family is on a different sleep/wake cycle. That tends to mean that we stay home more than go out, and that I have more time available for writing. I did attend my first tai chi class in three weeks – I missed it! – and go for a walk in the woods, all alone.
- Annalise is at a sleepover – that always means things are a lot quieter here. There was time for connection and a moviewith Jeremiah, writing time, and then a rare quiet evening with my Accomplice.
Last week’s features:
ROW80: The Writing Challenge That Knows You Have A Life.
Divergent Reflections: Some things get set aside as family connection takes precedence on a long weekend.
Still Reflections Run Deep: Progress is made, but doesn’t necessarily translate into items crossed off my to-do list.
Eight Sentence Sunday: The Blog Hop For Everyone Who Loves to Write!
- “Playing Along”: A Vulcan, a human, a datapadd, and a murder mystery….now, how do they all fit together?
Mindful Monday: Because Self-Awareness is Vital to My Joyful Life.
- In the Material World: What happens when I bring mindfulness to the act of hometending? Rooms that serve us better, and a deeper purpose.
WIPpet Wednesday: Date-related WIP Snippets!
Coffee and Conversation: Grab a cup of something refreshing, and let’s chat!
- The Coinblade Chronicles: Let me tell you about Bound in Shadow and its delicious antihero, Driev, swaggering soon onto an e-reader near you! =D
SoCS (Stream of Consciousness Saturday): A weekly prompt to free the mind, and the words!
- “Rerouting History”: Combining prompts from two challenges gives me the keystone of a new and necessary story arc for The IDIC Romance.
Variety’s Spice: Those little extras in life!
Story A Day September: Because once a year isn’t enough, and Trip and T’Pol won’t wait!
- Picnic With Pavane: In this sequel to Across the Threshold, grief, music, and deep connection are on the menu of an impromptu indoor floor picnic. Prompt: “Pavane” in two styles.
- “Tunnel of Love”: T’Pol’s queries regarding a song title lead to a rather unexpected Vulcan/human standoff…complete with egg salad, tea, fascination and possibly some heavy blushing. Prompt: character is in a tunnel.
This Thursday will mark the end of Round Three of ROW80, which will resume on Monday, October 5 (I think!). I’ll be sticking with my goals till the end of the month, and then adapting for the new month and the new round.
I’ll also be kicking off our 2015-16 homeschool paperwork.
And, with circadian rhythms moving into better harmony, I expect there will be a trip to the New York State Museum, and possibly apple-picking, in our not too distant future.
This week, on the blog:
- #8sunday: More “Mission Accomplished” from that delicious inter-species duo, Trip and T’Pol.
- Mindful Monday: Tai chi and cultivating mindfulness.
- ROW80 Updates: On Sunday and Wednesday, for the duration of the round.
- WIPpet Wednesday: From The IDIC Romance; something different to sample.
- Coffee and Conversation: Making-Do Miracles…and the power they bestow.
- Stream of Consciousness Saturday (SoCS): A post based on the weekly prompt, TBA Friday. I’ll go wherever my wandering mind takes me…
- Story a Day September: More new stories for The IDIC Romance. A tough, smart Vulcan lady, and the tough, smart (and really brave!) human who loves her…
In the Wilds of Internet-Land: What Piqued My Interest This Week:
- A New Gauge for Depression: Deborah at Container Chronicles is aware that she’s sinking, because she’s mindful. Better yet, she bravely shares her struggles, and reaches out for connection and support in a difficult time.
Two from Silver Threading:
- 7 Mindful Mantras to Get You Through The Week: Beautiful and inspirational graphics make these even better!
- Journaling Your Way Into Mindfulness: Do you journal? Would you like to? The options are endless, and the benefits might be, too!