A weekly peek backwards and a look ahead, from my little corner of the blogosphere…
Are you ready for a Second Serving?
Last Week’s Edition: The Lemonade Stand
- My Accomplice was home most of the week, which shifted the rhythm and focus of family life. I spent more time on a few goals, more on hometending, and perhaps the most on connection. It was a good week that included resetting the living room, which had gotten very cluttered and not much fun to be in. Still a long way to go, but moving the furniture and a general dejunking have made a huge difference, already, and we’re all spending more time there, now.
- With one child in the nocturnal phase of her month, and the other heading that way, it was a good week to cocoon at home, and let the ideas and growth unfold.
Last week’s features:
ROW80: The Writing Challenge That Knows You Have A Life.
Transitional Reflections: I continue to adapt to my altered computer situation, goals shifts, and the changing seasons.
Fruitful Reflections: The words and ideas are flowing, and I give myself to them.
Eight Sentence Sunday: The Blog Hop For Everyone Who Loves to Write!
- “A Complicated Weaving”: In this snippet from Foul Deeds Will Rise, (Ttueborn Weft #2), Vaara begins to learn that there is far more to being a leader than making demands of those she leads.
Mindful Monday: Because Self-Awareness is Vital to My Joyful Life.
- Lemons + Water + Sugar + Mindfulness = My Adversity Lemonade: When things get challenging, there’s more to do than just mix up a tartly sweet drink….try a little mindfulness!
WIPpet Wednesday: Date-related WIP Snippets!
- Openings: I try something new, and share the first paragraphs for all of my #StaD September stories to date.
Coffee and Conversation: Grab a cup of something refreshing, and let’s chat!
- Coffee and Conversation in Real Life: I rediscover a neglected friendship, and find connection, inspiration, and commitment.
SoCS (Stream of Consciousness Saturday): A weekly prompt to free the mind, and the words!
- Temporariness: A stream of consciousness peek at impermanence in my life. Contains only tangential Vulcanness.
Story A Day September: Because once a year isn’t enough, and Trip and T’Pol won’t wait!
- Across the Threshold: Prompt: The setting is an abandoned space. An illogical human tradition, mutual comfort, and an ex-husband. T’Pol and Trip find space for grief and healing in her deceased mother’s abandoned home.
- “Mission Accomplished”: Prompt: Use this as the plot: “A killer is on the loose, having broken into the home of a wealthy woman and left her for dead. He absconded with a few items, then left the initials, ‘M.A.’” In this prompt-twister; T’Pol’s solution to the Captain’s mystery game is elegant, logical, and leaves room for other pursuits.
- “We Have EVERY Right!”: Prompt: Write a scene rich in conflict, and include some type of resolution. This sequel to Questions and Answers and Forest Grotesque and is part of the Not Jealousy arc I began in May. Jonathan Archer wants answers, and Trip’s being strangely evasive. When he ignites the hidden fuse, the answers explode from his best friend – but can Jon handle the truth?
My Accomplice is back to work, and local schools are in session. The children will gradually shift out of nocturnal mode, and we’ll get to those outings we didn’t last week. For me, there will be more Story a Day stories, homeschool paperwork (I neglected that, last week), plotting, revisions, blogging, Firefly, hometending, and family connection – not necessarily in that order.
This week, on the blog:
- #8sunday: More from that delicious inter-species duo, Trip and T’Pol.
- Mindful Monday: The mindful rearranging and repurposing of spaces.
- ROW80 Updates: On Sunday and Wednesday, for the duration of the round.
- WIPpet Wednesday: From The IDIC Romance; something different to sample.
- Coffee and Conversation: Cooler weather invites leisurely reading – I introduce you to K.L. Schwengel’s The Coinblade Chronicles. Driev is almost certain to put the spice in your pumpkin latte! ;D
- Stream of Consciousness Saturday (SoCS): A post based on the weekly prompt, TBA Friday. I’ll go wherever my wandering mind takes me...
- Story a Day September: More new stories for The IDIC Romance.. A tough, smart Vulcan lady, and the tough, smart (and really brave!) human who loves her.
In the Wilds of Internet-Land: What Piqued My Interest This Week:
That’s what I’ve been up to, and will be getting up to.
What about you? Anything exciting happening in your corner of the world?