Round Three is all about reflection, for me: where I am, who I am, where I’d like to be, and who I’d like to be when I get there.
Today’s a big day at our house. I’m the mother of a fourteen year old. It’s the first birthday he’s bigger than me. By the looks of things, he might be taller than his six-foot father by his fifteenth, or maybe sooner!
This boy is a minimalist. He wants a mini-fridge for his room, so he can keep drinks and snacks close to hand. My Accomplice ordered one on Amazon; it will be here tomorrow, and Miah and I will go shopping to get a start on stocking it.
He’s growing up fast, as kids do, and, today, I’m keenly aware of how deeply his dependent years are stacked, and how close his independent ones are. While he’s still here, and still needs his smaller-than-him-now Mom on a daily basis, I intend to enjoy – who he is Right Now, and the man he’s in the process of becoming.
My Ready. Set. WRITE! Week 12 Final Update: Is It Too Late for a Lemonade Stand?
Second Serving Sunday: Adversity’s Gift (a recap/mashup for your reading pleasure!).
September brings a few new goals, and the continuation or adaptation of others. I’m also adding weekly goals, which worked well for me during Ready. Set. WRITE!
Goal attained = blue with overstrike.
Goal in progress = green.
Goal-in-waiting = red.
Foul Deeds Will Rise: Trueborn Weft Series #2: The file in my cloud only carries me through August. Reread what I’ve written to this point, and decide whether I want to rewrite what’s missing, or set this aside until I have a more conducive computer situation. This week: Reread Scenes 1-10; no edits. Reread through Scene Eight.
Story -A-Day September: Write one story for The IDIC Romance each day this month. Keep to 999 words or less; for fun. (just learned about this; Trip and T’Pol want me to play!). This week: One story each day, using the prompts, and freewriting. September 1 story written and posted (about 960 words; mildly edited.).
The IDIC Romance: Choose 2/3 paragraphs for each letter; do an 11:11 Stream of Consciousness sprint for each; these will be the basis for new stories and A-Z posts. This week: Letters A-F. A and B/2 each.
“Slow Jazz Awakening ” (from The IDIC Romance): Using compiled notes, draft rough revision plan for 16 scenes. This week:
Download files;draft plan for Scenes 1-4. Relevant files downloaded; reread Scene One as written, without comments.
- “Peach Liqueur Love”: Deep Revision, Exercises 2 and 3. This week:
Download files.Resume Step 2. Downloaded files.
Regular features: publish all; scheduling ahead if possible; post one authorized reblog. All Story a Day stories posted to site blog. This week: 9 features; 5 StaD; eating meditation reblog. 1/9 features; 1/5 StaD.
Blog comments and visits: Get current retroactively through June 1. This week: Current through July 5. A few current comments/visits.
ROW80: Keep visits and updates current. Freewrite ideas and notes for Round 4 Sponsor Post. This week:
Post updates;make visits. 11:11 brainstorming session for Round Four sponsor post. Sunday update posted a bit late; running behind on visits.
- Empty email inbox. This week: get below 3333 messages. Be ruthless, if need be! Some messages deleted and read; count at 4200 plus.
- Homeschool Administration: Complete all pending paperwork; including Fourth Quarter Reports. Submit Annalise’s test results to school district, submit Jeremiah’s Peer Review Panel Form. Draft IHIPs. This week: Proof Jeremiah’s report; prepare Peer Review and test scores; submit all. Downloaded Jeremiah’s report.
- Decluttering/beautification: in home and/or yard, five days weekly. Continue making improvements to our home and our quality of life. This week: Clean/tidy study: sort one bag of ephermera; finish clearing round table and add tablecloth;begin cleaning in Annalise’s room; add three subcategories to each broad Oregon List category. Ephemera bag begun. 3/5 days.
August/September outings and events: Continue planning and attending. Take into account each child’s need for social time and hibernation – and the all-important budget. This week: Begin Jeremiah’s birthdaying! The birthday is here. Shopping for cake, ice cream, and stocking his new mini-fridge. Plans in progress as I type.
- NNWM local group: Attend write-ins regularly,
and check in on the Facebook and Twitter groups as inspired.Read and critique both projects I’ve been hanging onto. This week: locate and read the shorter crit. Checked in at FB and Twitter Sunday night.
Beta reads: Complete the 2 I’ve had waaay too long. This week: Send message regarding Beta One, which I couldn’t finish.
My beloveds: One on one time with each, doing something of value to us both, several times each week. This week: Connect with My Accomplice; walksand podcasts with the girl; birthdaying (and possibly Firefly) with the boy. Connecting, podcasts, and walks, check.
- Paying Forward: Read 1 fellow author book; complete 4 reviews. This week: Write three reviews, and post to Amazon.
Intentions journal/ #onegoodcup journal: six times each week. This week: Meet goal. 3/6 for each.
Meditation: Practice seven times weekly, including one eating meditation. Explore one new meditative practice. This week: meet goals; choose a new practice to explore. : 4/6 practices (mandala; t’ai chi walking).
T’ai chi practice: at home five times; class twice. Continue reading The Tai Chi Directory, and adding movements to my at-home practice. This week: Class once; three at-home practices;
read and expand practice.At home: 3 / 5.
- Physical activity: six days a week; use phone app to track three time a week. This week: pars for both. 3/6 days, 1/3 with phone; Walking, hometending, t’ai chi.
These goals are a part of Kait Nolan’s ROW80 Writing Challenge.