Are you ready for a Second Serving?
- It’s been an interesting week. My laptop is down for the count, there was a surprise sleepover for my daughter, and a susequent visit with a friend I hadn’t seen in too long for me.The computer issues, though potentially frustrating, have shifted my routine, putting my focus on other things in ways I’ve often found restful and delightful. So, while I’ll be thrilled when the issues are resolved and I can go back to using a modern machine, there is definitely value and joy to be had in this time of unintended change…
So, here’s what happened in this atypical week in my life….
Last week’s features:
ROW80: The Writing Challenge That Knows You Have A Life.
Love. Marriage, and Goal-Adjusting: I celebrate an anniversary, and assess my August goals (right before the laptop fail led me on a different course….).
The Best-Laid Plans: While I still thought a power adapter would be the cure for what ails my laptop, I realized that some things were not going to go exactly as I’d hoped.
The Blog Hop For Everyone Who Loves to Write!
- “You May Carry Me”: T’Pol, dealing with a major digestive attack, and feeling weak, makes a concession…Trip can carry her to Sickbay. Another snippet from The IDIC Romance.
Ready, Set, WRITE! A Summer Writing Intensive, with Cheering Section!
- Penultimate, Already? The second-to-last week of RSW finds me with lots accomplished, and much more on my horizon…I didn’t yet see the storm clouds of computer chaos brewing.
Mindful Monday: Because Self-Awareness is Vital to a Joyful Life.
- Savoring Blackberries in the Sun: Last week, I shared my discovery of a new-to-me meditative practice; this week, I share my inaugural practice.
WIPpet Wednesday: Date-related WIP Snippets!
- Preying Upon Her: Shentaa is a new mother, alone for the first time, and just beginning to understand that she’ll never truly be alone again. A snippet from Foul Deeds Will Rise (Trueborn Weft #2).
Coffee and Conversation: Grab a cup of something refreshing, and let’s chat!
- Selling Back-to-School: My thoughts on the seemingly endless succession of back-to-school ads, and what they might be saying to the children headed back to the classroom.
A weekly prompt to free the mind, and the words!
- Well..(and Other Four Letter Words): When mishaps strike, there’s a choice to be made – anger, or acceptance? Maybe this can be expressed by the type of four letter words we employ, at times like this.
- “It Levels Off Up Ahead”: For my anniversary, I reblogged an autobiographical love poem I wrote last fall.
- A Quick Note About Potential Downtime: When I still thought it would be an easy fix, I outlined what might take me away…
August is nearly done, and is ending in ways I didn’t anticipate. September brings my boy’s fourteenth birthday, due dates for homeschool paperwork, and the first hints of fall. It also brings a continuation of these goals, some homeschooling adventures once most kids are back in class, and the end of ROW80 Round Three.
Ready, Set, WRITE!: Update #12.
- Mindful Monday: When adversity comes calling, we get to choose what we take from it. A mindful exploration of the art of lemonade-making.
- ROW80 Updates: On Sunday and Wednesday, for the duration of the round.
- WIPpet Wednesday: Kaivaara perceives a new threat that must be dealt with -but how?
- Coffee and Conversation: Literal coffee and conversation, and a valuable friendship renewed.
- Stream of Consciousness Saturday (SoCS): A post based on the weekly prompt, TBA Friday. I’ll go wherever my wandering mind takes me…
- #8sunday: Another snippet from Kaivaara’s POV.
In the Wilds of Internet-Land: What Piqued My Interest This Week
- Corralling Hacks: Get Organized by Upcycling: Since I’ve shifted back into hometending and nesting mode, some of these might be loads of fun, and useful, too – so I’m sharing them with you!
- 55 Reasons TO Homeschool: Why does my family, along with a growing number of others, choose to live a life beyond school parameters? Here are more than four dozen reasons…and there are many, many more!
- The Danger of Back-to-School: Is there a correlation between the school year and childrens’ mental health issues? And, if there is, why?
- Rejection: Successfully Getting Past “No”: Tips for anyone struggling with a dream, a project, or even a laptop deferred! =/