Ready. Set. WRITE!, is a summer writing intensive that provides an opportunity to cheer each other on wherever we’re at in our writing. We set goals, write like crazy, and keep one another accountable.
On Mondays, we check in at the linky, or one of the host blogs. Come join in, or cheer us on!
My Week Ten update: New Moon Creative
Goal attained = blue with overstrike.
Goal in progress = green.
Goal-in-waiting = red.
How I Did On Last Week’s Goals:
- A heat wave, activities planned and otherwise, and my eighteenth wedding anniversary were all part of this brimming-over week. Rather than being distractions, though, each event seemed to feed my creativity, and I was able to cross several things off my grand to-do list.
- It was a week where I seemed to thrive on focusing on one or two things at a time, and finishing them. Some things got lots of attention, and others none or almost none – and I’m fine with that, because it was a Good Week, all in all.
- Foul Deeds Will Rise: Trueborn Weft Series #2: Draft to 90,000 words. Current total: 85,600/ 90,000. 4,400 words to goal. Scene 29/50 in progress. Other things took precedence this week.
“Slow Jazz Awakening”: Break out highlighted notes by scene and topic; add to Cheat Sheets to form rough revision plan.16/16 Scenes completed! =D
- Complete “Peach Liqueur Love” Deep Revision, Exercises 2 and 3. Resumed working on the “lose your first draft” rewrite: 8 points completed. Slow, but I love what’s emerging from this exercise.
- Kifo Island Chronicles: Finish plotting Sea Changes (KIC#3), using Rock Your Plot, Scenes 11-24 done/added to Scrivener file! =D
- The IDIC Romance: Draft exploratory summary paragraphs for Enterprise A-Z 2016 stories – letters A-E (16 paragraphs). Complete; 16/16 paragraphs. =D
- Publish 9 regular features posts; schedule ahead if possible; post authorized reblog. 9/9 published; plus 2 reblogs! =D
- Catch up all July and August blog comments and visits. August comments caught up. Working backwards through July – I’ve reached the 10th – almost there!
- Homeschool Administration: Proof quarterly reports; prepare end of year materials and submit to school district. Annalise’s ELA proofed. Glad I did; it needed sprucing up! Though I wanted to have these done this week, they’re not due till 9/15, so I still have some time.
- Clean/tidy study. Project table cleaned; sewing machine set up.
- Clear round table; add tablecloth. Didn’t even come close to happening. I was defeated by a mountain range of laundry, a heat wave, activities away from home, and – yeah, I’ll say it – a near-total lack of interest in actually doing it!
- Set up tentative plans for August/September outings and events. Take into account each child’s need for social time and hibernation. Broached topic with both; chatted about ideas…getting a better sense of what the fall may hold. Also made tentative plans with my Accomplice for a t’ai chi/lunch date. Annalise and I had a Girls’ Day – a juried art show, the gardens at Yaddo, and ice cream!
- Watch Star Trek: Enterprise, Season Three, through S3E17: “Hatchery”. 6 episodes. 6/6 – with relish! =D
- Write in Intentions journal/ #onegoodcup journal six times. Meditate seven times. Do one eating meditation. 7/6 for journals; 8/7 meditation; mandalas , t’ai chi, and eating meditation. =D
- T’ai chi practice: at home five times; class twice. At home: 5/5; Class 2/ 2. =D
- Visit the #RSWrite hashtag twice! This didn’t happen. I kept meaning to, but….
My goals for this week:
- Foul Deeds Will Rise: Trueborn Weft Series #2: Draft to 95,000 words. Current total: 85,600/ 90,000. 9,400 words to goal.
- The IDIC Romance: Draft exploratory summary paragraphs for Enterprise A-Z 2016 stories – letters F-O (33 paragraphs).
- “Slow Jazz Awakening”: Using compiled notes, draft rough revision plan for 16 scenes.
- Complete “Peach Liqueur Love” Deep Revision, Exercises 2 and 3.
- Publish 9 regular features posts; schedule ahead if possible; post authorized reblog.
- Catch up all June and July blog comments and visits.
- Homeschool Administration: Proof quarterly reports; prepare end of year materials and submit to school district.
- Clean/tidy study; focusing on hoosier cabinet this week.
- Clear round table; add tablecloth: Take TWO!
- Continue planning/ attending August/September outings and events. Take into account each child’s need for social time and hibernation – and the all-important budget. Make birthday plans with the boyo.
- Write in Intentions journal/ #onegoodcup journal six times. Meditate seven times. Do one eating meditation.
- T’ai chi practice: at home five times; class twice.
- Visit the #RSWrite hashtag once daily, because this is my last chance to do it while it’s still happening!
A favorite passage from my story:
The desire for him became need, and she was filled with it, filled with Huntlust, with the hunger for her prey –
“Forget not the nature of your Hunt, my own…” Only a whisper, and the knowing, in her mind, but given, through the Huntthread, to all those who joined her in the weaving…
Vaara must be stopped.
The biggest challenge I faced this week:
RSW is almost over! WAAAAA!
Something I love about my WIP:
That I’m learning so much about these increasingly complex characters and their realities.