A weekly peek backwards and a look ahead,
from my little corner of the blogosphere…
Are you ready for a Second Serving?
- Today is my eighteenth wedding anniversary. Yes, that’s right – if our marriage were a United States citizen, it would be eligible to vote!
- Yesterday, my daughter, age 11, and I had a Girls’ Afternoon. She saw an ad for the Saratoga Arts Celebration, held on the grounds of the National Museum of Dance, and thought it looked interesting. Our calendar was clear, and her nearly 14 year old brother wanted some time home alone, so we went to the show, and then to Yaddo, where she’d never been, and where we saw koi as long as my forearm! We followed that up with some ice cream at Stewart’s – a Make Your Own Sundae for her, and a pistachio waffle cone with extra nuts for me, because I wasn’t quite nutty enough!
Somewhere in the midst of all that, some writing and blogging type things got done, and some other things, too….
Last week’s features:
ROW80: The Writing Challenge That Knows You Have A Life.
Moving Reflections: After camping, fatigue, and that ol’ scattered feeling – ahh, creative bliss!
Romantic Reflections: I contemplate the coming anniversary, and Write More Things.
Eight Sentence Sunday: The Blog Hop For Everyone Who Loves to Write!
- Did He Know? Niaan fears pursuit, but not as deeply as she fears Kaivelt learning what she’s done. Does he know? Another excerpt from Foul Deeds Will Rise (Trueborn Weft #2).
Ready, Set, WRITE! A Summer Writing Intensive, with Cheering Section!
- New Moon Creative: I’ve noticed a pattern; I seem to have creative surges at the new and full moons…something to be more mindful of, when setting goals…
Mindful Monday: Because Self-Awareness is Vital to a Joyful Life.
- Blackberries in the Sun: When we’re open and mindful, sometimes life gives us exactly what we didn’t yet realize we needed.
WIPpet Wednesday: Date-related WIP Snippets!
- A Pet Name?: Because it’s my anniversary week, and that calls for The IDIC Romance! Did Jon just hear T’Pol call Trip a Vulcan pet name?! That’s the kind of thing that’s really hard not to notice…
Coffee and Conversation: Grab a cup of something refreshing, and let’s chat!
- The Beginnings of a Pla – : When I shake up my normal rhythms, inspiration begins to take the shape of something that may become a plan – if I don’t force it.
A weekly prompt to free the mind, and the words!
- Changing My Mind: As it turns out, there was something wrong with the one I had. Changing my mind has changed my life – and my family’s, too!
Variety’s Spice: Those little extras in life!
- Your Name, Your Choice: What’s in a name? For a writer, perhaps a lot.
August is waning, now, and, on Friday, we saw the first flock of Canada geese winging noisily in a generally southerly direction…nights are getting crisper, and that autumnal energy tends to spur me on to nesting of my own…
- More homeschooling paperwork – ’tis the season!
- Complete plotting for Sea Changes: Kifo Island Chronicles #3; begin drafting (drafting this for NaNo in November).
- Complete draft of Foul Deeds Will Rise: Trueborn Weft #2.
- Complete updating blog sidebar.
- Complete next revision pass (2.5) for “Slow Jazz Awakening” (The IDIC Romance)
- Complete revisions on “Peach Liqueur Love”,
find a market, and submit. Resume revisions on Chameleon’s Dish.
Ready, Set, WRITE!: Update #11.
- Mindful Monday: Part 2 on my first eating meditation.
- ROW80 Updates: On Sunday and Wednesday, for the duration of the round.
- WIPpet Wednesday: Back to Foul Deeds Will Rise; spending some time with a new mother.
- Coffee and Conversation: Why I don’t like Back to School ads and propaganda…
- Stream of Consciousness Saturday (SoCS): A post based on the weekly prompt, TBA Friday. I’ll go wherever my wandering mind takes me…
- #8sunday: Another FDWR snippet from Shentaa’s POV.
In the Wilds of Internet-Land:
- Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey: I had no idea this site was a thing, but I think I love it, and it takes me back….
- Monday’s Finish the Story: Something new to explore! =)
- Vulcan Salute Emojis: They make me =D!